I Thought the Right Believed in Elections

Anyone who thinks the Left or the Right believes in anything but their own power and influence is a naive fool

Take your blinders off--You just witnessed average--everyday--tax-paying Americans citizens making the BIGGEST march on Washington D.C. EVER--They were Republicans--They were Democrats--They were Independants. Ignore it if you wish--but there is a movement--& it's growing every single day.

$2 million tea-partiers.jpg

THE SLEEPING GIANT IS AWAKE!

The only people who doubted President Bush's legitimacy were the crazy people who couldnt count.

And no one doubts that Obama won. That doesnt mean we arent going to try to influence the government for policies we think are better.

This I can respect.

Some of the stuff you see online I can not. For example, the Birthers, the folks wanting to instantly declare Obama a failed President, the folks already talking impeachment.

You don't see a lot of those folks, but the ones you do see are out and out loons.

Just as I thought the left believed in protests ... looks like we both learned something. ;)

It's too bad that he got paint all over himself (as usual) because he has a point.

What point? Nothing he said is even true. Last I checked a smaller fringe group then the dems that howled for 8 years Bush stole two elections claims Obama is not an American citizen. But hey you go ahead and live in that delusional world you made up.

The only people who doubted President Bush's legitimacy were the crazy people who couldnt count.

And no one doubts that Obama won. That doesnt mean we arent going to try to influence the government for policies we think are better.

This I can respect.

Some of the stuff you see online I can not. For example, the Birthers, the folks wanting to instantly declare Obama a failed President, the folks already talking impeachment.

You don't see a lot of those folks, but the ones you do see are out and out loons.

There are MAJOR loons on both sides of the isle. But I sure don't like it when I see a sitting POTUS apoint one to be the "green Czar." Van Jones--signing a paper that said our government had something to do with 9/11 & the massacre of 3000 innocent American citizens, & his belief that our prisons are nothing more than land based slave camps--& his wanting to let felons out of prison to do "green work"-- is a little over the top for me. Yet--Barack Obama knew exactly who this guy was--& appointed him anyway.

Last edited:

This I can respect.

Where were you for the last 9 years as the dems keep claiming Bush stole 2 elections and should have been impeached for lying about Iraq? How about those that claim still that Bush orchestrated 9/11? Where the hell were you when all that was going on? Just crawl out from under your rock?

Just as I thought the left believed in protests ... looks like we both learned something. ;)

It's too bad that he got paint all over himself (as usual) because he has a point.

What point? Nothing he said is even true. Last I checked a smaller fringe group then the dems that howled for 8 years Bush stole two elections claims Obama is not an American citizen. But hey you go ahead and live in that delusional world you made up.

The point being that a good amount of the people who are questioning the legitemecy of Obama (birthers) and those who have suddenly rediscovered the fiscal conservative in them after keeping it dormant for 8 years are huge freakin' hypocrites.

This I can respect.

Where were you for the last 9 years as the dems keep claiming Bush stole 2 elections and should have been impeached for lying about Iraq? How about those that claim still that Bush orchestrated 9/11? Where the hell were you when all that was going on? Just crawl out from under your rock?

Ummm...I just joined this site.

I think those guys were loons too for the record. The only issue I ever had with the 2000 election is that there was a Constitutional way to handle it without SCOTUS interference and everyone panicked.

The 9/11 truthers are completely insane.

I'm equal opportunity in thinking fringers are loons. :cool:

The point being that a good amount of the people who are questioning the legitemecy of Obama (birthers) and those who have suddenly rediscovered the fiscal conservative in them after keeping it dormant for 8 years are huge freakin' hypocrites.

That's not true: I am a major conservative & never once believed that Barack Obama was not born in the U.S. You're trying to pick out a "minut" segment of the right--& highlight that.

Just like I can say--that most of you believe in partial birth abortions. I really don't believe that. But the man you elected was in the Illinois State Legislature who is on record for NO CARE to babies born alive during abortions--:lol:

So dream your little Obama dream.

Last edited:
When Bush won despite the doubts about his legitimacy, you didn't see the reactions you see on the right today. No seccession talk existed. If it had they would have arrested the people doing it. Just like no fucking guns at a president's speech. They would have arrested them also. What hypocrisy.

They are okay with elections if they win, if not, then is not their America anymore.

Do any of them understand the words treason and traitor?

I really doubt it. In the far right, they seem to believe that if they don't like the elections they can just ignore the results.

All the time when Bush was fucking up the US, they screamed about the left being traitors for disgarreeing with him. Now they are openly talking sedition and getting rid of the current president.

Fuck their hypocrisy and fuck those who can't abide by the vote of the majority of Americans.

Follow your traitor leaders like Dickless Armey and those who create so called patriotic organizations with really nice names that want to overthrow the current elected government.

Fortunately it is a small vocal minority of these traitors who follow the governor who also wanted to leave the Union.

It wasn't million, it was in the tens of thousands. So isn't even a whole percent of the total population.

oh my GayBoy, your ass is sore today!

Such language and anger! And still bitching about Bush, instead of telling us about all of the wonderful things Obama has done for us.

Gayboy, I do hope you can get your panties un bunched, you really are all out of sorts.

Poor Fella!

That's not true: I am a major conservative & never once believed that Barack Obama was not born in the U.S. You're trying to pick out a "minut" segment of the right--& highlight that.

Just like I can say--that most of you believe in partial birth abortions--I really don't believe that--but the man you elected was in the Illinois State Legislature who voted for NO CARE for babies born alive during abortions--:lol:

So dream your little Obama dream.

Mmmmm .... yeah, I didn't name any names or call you out specifically so why are you barking like I did?

Are you a birfer? Are you only a fiscal conservative when a dem is POTUS? If you answered "no" to both of these questions then I was not referring to you.

The birthers are nuts ... they are the new troofers.

As for the born again fiscal conservatives? They are everywhere. I watched the right go from defending keeping the Iraq War off the budget and the borrow and spend that was Booooooooooooosh to attacking Obama for using Air Force One. Gimme a break.

This I can respect.

I think those guys were loons too for the record. The only issue I ever had with the 2000 election is that there was a Constitutional way to handle it without SCOTUS interference and everyone panicked.

Glad you joined--but just to correct you--the US Supremes had to step into the election of 2000. If the Florida supreme court would have mandated that the entire state of Florida be recounted--versus--selected "democrat precints" within only 3 counties--there would have never been a problem. Therefore--The US supremes got involved.

You cannot move the goal posts after the game has been played, nor can you change election laws after the election is over.---:cuckoo:

Glad you joined--but just to correct you--the US Supremes had to step into the election of 2000. If the Florida supreme court would have mandated that the entire state of Florida be recounted--versus--selected "democrat precints" within only 3 counties--there would have never been a problem. Therefore--The US supremes got involved.

You cannot move the goal posts after the game has been played, nor can you change election laws after the election is over.---:cuckoo:

The problem was further exasperated by the fact that each county would have been free to determine how they handled a recount. No set procedures and totally dependent on the local election people. THAT was what got 2 of the Liberals on the Supreme Court to agree that a recount was unfair. Though the dumb asses turned around and said a recount was able to be conducted with no time left.

I agree. However, this is the reason you have an Electoral College and a Constitutional process for selecting the President if the Electoral College can't get it right.

No SCOTUS necessary, just use the Constitution.

Except the for the small fact that most disagreed with increased spending under Bush, further most of the deficit spending was from the 2 wars. The first stimulus was supported by the left more then the right. And with banks failing, as much as I hated seeing the money spent, that one was probably needed. Lose the banks, lose the economy.

What Obama has done is completely different. He ask for a new stimulus and no one even read the damn thing, he claimed it was urgent and then waited 4 days to sign it. Further he submitted a Budget for almost 2 trillion dollars. And he wants to spend more on health care and is considering another stimulus. Not to mention all the spending not requiring separate bills from Congress. There is a reason he will double the current deficit in 4 years as opposed to Bush doubling it in 8. Further all the programs he paid for for the States will soon become unfunded by the Fed and the States will have to fund them, which is why some States did not want them but were forced by courts to accept the money.

I agree. However, this is the reason you have an Electoral College and a Constitutional process for selecting the President if the Electoral College can't get it right.

No SCOTUS necessary, just use the Constitution.

It was past that. The Florida Supreme Court made a partisan decision to allow an unfair process to occur. One I might add that was specifically forbidden by the State Constitution. The only way to save the election results that have been proven over and over to have been correct, was for the Supreme Court to stop the new recount.

Ohh and there is NOTHING in the Constitution about what to do in a national Election if a State Supreme Court creates a situation like was created. Further a failure to have the vote certified by a set date means the entire State is barred from sending electors to the College. Which is exactly what Gore was trying to do.

When Bush won despite the doubts about his legitimacy, you didn't see the reactions you see on the right today. No seccession talk existed. If it had they would have arrested the people doing it. Just like no fucking guns at a president's speech. They would have arrested them also. What hypocrisy.

They are okay with elections if they win, if not, then is not their America anymore.

Do any of them understand the words treason and traitor?

I really doubt it. In the far right, they seem to believe that if they don't like the elections they can just ignore the results.

All the time when Bush was fucking up the US, they screamed about the left being traitors for disgarreeing with him. Now they are openly talking sedition and getting rid of the current president.

Fuck their hypocrisy and fuck those who can't abide by the vote of the majority of Americans.

Follow your traitor leaders like Dickless Armey and those who create so called patriotic organizations with really nice names that want to overthrow the current elected government.

Fortunately it is a small vocal minority of these traitors who follow the governor who also wanted to leave the Union.

It wasn't million, it was in the tens of thousands. So isn't even a whole percent of the total population.

The reason you didn't hear the protests when Bush was president is because Bush wasn't trying to restructure the US and remove our rights from us. Only a few dissenters pissed their pants and boo hooed, made some stuff up about alleged stolen elections, which they were unable to prove. Hell, they couldn't even find anyone willing to LIE about voter fraud, which is pretty pathetic for the Dems, those denizens of voter fraud.

The major difference now is you have a whole country that recognizes their rights are being trampled on. They are fed up with a congress which votes in direct opposition to what their constituents want, and a president which insists over and over that he doesn't give a shit what the ppl think, he's going to force his shit on us anyway.

So the difference is now huge numbers of Americans are actually worried that something very bad is happening to America, as in the structure of our country.

As opposed to a few nutjobs who even then, and apparently still, don't get what "majority" means, or recognize what a democratic republic is.

I seem to recall warrantless wiretaps, email reading, suspension of habeas corpus ( supposedly just for the terrorists, but terrifying nonetheless), stretching the truth about certain countries' involvement in 911, alleged torture, regression instead of progression, crime rate increase in 2005 after Bush and the Republican-controlled Congress cut more than $2 billion in funding for state and local law enforcement...link in parentheses (Bush Republicans Cut Law Enforcement Funding, Crime Rate Increases at the Fastest Rate in Fifteen Years)

And I'll list Blackwater, for now. The civilian contractor group of "mercenaries" in Iraq and Afghanistan. From 2001-2008 Blackwater USA received $972,184,322 from our government. (link) fedspending.org This is one company among many. I guess our military needed a supplement? Everything should be privatized?

And spending is just NOW out of control? Something very bad is ABOUT to happen to America? And our rights are just NOW being trampled on? I thought the years under "Dubya" were pretty bad. Do you not agree that at least one of the instances above constitutes, "bad"?

Forum List

Back