I think I am hooked...

fuzzykitten99

VIP Member
Apr 23, 2004
You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
I have been a passenger on many-a-scooter, but I have never been on a sport bike (aka crotch rocket).

Well, Tim's friend Tommy just got a new sport bike, but I can't remember what make it is. He took me for a couple spins, and it was fun!!! So then he asks if I want to try riding it by myself. :eek2: I have sort of ridden my uncle's Harley (around my cul-de-sac), but it is a whole different feel and control level. Do note that I do not have my permit or anything-not really sure why either- but I have been around scooters all my life. I think its because I never really saw myself riding on my own enough to make it worth it. I just didn't see myself as anything other than a passenger-most scooters are just too big for me to feel comfortable handling, though I would consider a V-Rod because they are very smooth rides, and are more compact.

So I get on, and he shows me how to go through the gears because it is a bit touchier than a Harley. I go around a few times and got the feel. I felt confident enough to go around the block. So Tommy's friend who was with him, lent Tommy his, so he could follow me. I go around the block and was so not wanting to get off. If it weren't for the fear of getting caught without a permit or endorsement, I would have gone for more.

I am now thinking I found a bike style that fits me better physically. I now want to get my permit to take the test and get my endorsement. Tim is kind of excited because he has been wanting to get his endorsement too, so now he's pushing to get ours together. He likes both styles of bikes, so he would have no problem with getting a small engine sport bike for tootling around town just for fun. I told him of course he wouldn't...it's another toy for the garage. :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back