A letter written to Ann Coulters MOM!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stephanie, Jun 11, 2006.

1. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,361
    :cuckoo:
    To: Nell M. Coulter

New Canaan, Conn.
    Dear Mrs. Coulter,

Congratulations on your daughter's success. I'm sure you are proud of Ann's latest work, "Godless: The Church of Liberalism." It's already the top seller on Amazon.com and is obviously provocative, given the hundreds of reviews that are flowing in.

I haven't read it yet, so I wouldn't dream of commenting on the actual book. But, there is one thing that really disturbs me and that's her diatribe against four New Jersey women whom she dubs "The Witches of East Brunswick" whose husbands died in the 9-11 terrorist attacks.

Here's the money quote that has even made Tucker Carlson and Bill O'Reilly squeamish:

"These broads are millionaires, lionized on TV and in articles about them, reveling in their status as celebrities and stalked by grief-arazzis. I've never seen people enjoying their husbands' deaths so much."

The widows — Kristen Breitweiser, Lorie Van Auken, Mindy Kleinberg and Patty Casazza — came to Capitol Hill often in the wake of the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks. They came seeking answers to how al-Qaida was able to hijack four commercial jets and topple the World Trade Center towers where their husbands worked.

They acted out of grief, just as others have.

Candy Lightner of California founded Mothers Against Drunk Driving and lobbied for stiffer DWI penalties after a drunk driver killed her daughter in 1980.

Maureen and Richard Kanka of New Jersey, pushed for a sex offender registry after a child molester abducted and killed their daughter, Megan, in 1994. Now we have Megan's Law.

And John Walsh of Florida lobbied Congress for a missing children's bill after his son was abducted and murdered in 1981. Walsh now hosts "America's Most Wanted" on Fox Television, which profiles unsolved crimes.

Through my work, I met the New Jersey widows — and other 9-11 family victims — often over the last five years because Sen. Joe Lieberman, D-Conn., and Rep. Christopher Shays, R-4, took up their cause.

Shays, in particular, has continued to fight for additional reforms that the 9-11 Commission recommended. He is driven largely by the memory of 87 constituents who died in the attacks. Those 87 individuals were your neighbors, too.

Anyway, the widows came to Washington and pushed for an independent commission and then lobbied for the commission's recommendations to be implemented. They never sought celebrity and I never saw them enjoying the deaths of those they held dearest.

Ann is quite the partisan, so I assume what offends your daughter most was that they endorsed Massachusetts Sen. John Kerry for president in 2004.

From what I could see, they were not all Democrats to start but were driven to Kerry's camp largely out of frustration. They did not believe President Bush and House Republican leaders would actually act on the 9-11 Commission report.

Ironically, the day your daughter's book was released the former 9-11 Commission leaders — Thomas Kean and Lee Hamilton — appeared before Shays' subcommittee to talk about what has happened in the last two years since their report was released.

Here's how Kean summed it up: "We are still not safe — a little safer, but still not safe."

A neighbor of yours was also at the hearing to urge Congress to adopt the rest of the 9-11 Commission reforms.

Like the "Jersey Girls," Mary Fetchet has been there from the beginning. Her 24-year-old son, Bradley, died in the second tower.

Mary is a remarkable woman. She used to work at Bridges in Milford as a social worker but quit after Sept. 11, 2001 and founded Voices of September 11 to provide advocacy and support to all those impacted by the terrorist attack. They are still at work out of an office in New Canaan.

Unlike the "Jersey Girls," Mary has remained non-partisan and continues to travel to Washington to lobby for a safer America. She doesn't do it for fame or money. She does it in memory of her son and the hope that no other mother should suffer a similar fate.

Mary lives over on Sunset Hill Road. It's maybe a six-minute drive from your place. You really should encourage your daughter to meet her. The experience might thaw her frozen heart.

Sincerely,

Peter Urban

Connecticut Post

http://www.connpost.com/search//ci_3924863

2. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,439
    OK...what do you think is :cuckoo: in that letter?

3. 1549

1549 Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59
    I enjoyed the letter, I just thought it should have been written for Ann.

4. Stephanie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,361

Good grief...
    They have to go after a persons MOM, because they don't like what her daughter wrote...

Of course we know that's how the libs operate... mikey moore and sheehan went after Barbara Bush to show how big and bad.......... and STUPID they are.
    :cuckoo:

5. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +620
    What? This….

Oh yeah I go around writing letters to peoples' parents ALL the time, without even knowing why BTW.

Obvious anti- Coulter, ain’t it? Wait, maybe the writer is just :cuckoo:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Stephanie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,361

:thup:

7. 1549

1549 Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59
    This is an editorial...most editorials have to be anti-something.

In this case, anti-9/11 widow bashing.

Funny, a cartoonist made a rather criticial portrayal of the 9/11 widows. Sean Hannidy spoke in their defense and criticized the cartoonist for the jab. Now Ann Coulter goes after the widows and it is the trendy thing to do.

8. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,439
    Well, while I might think writing to her mother is a little goofy, I think what's nuts is attacking the widows.

I'd be far more offended by the mean-spritied thing, Annie Coulter.

9. CockySOB

CockySOB VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +108
    Kinda pathetic that the letter's author felt so intimidated by Ann that he couldn't write the letter to her directly. I was raised that when you have a problem with someone, you take the problem to that person for resolution.

Frankly, I'm not a fan of Ann Coulter's works any more than I am of Al Gore's. But I think that writing to Ann's mother is the act of a juvenile coward - someone so wrought with partisan fervor to act, but too afraid to actually confront the person they have a problem with.

10. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,220
    But Ann wasnt bashing 9/11 widows in general. She was bashing four specific ones who have been using the death of their loved one to act as an unimpeachable authority in the political process.

Quite honestly it's more sick that people use the death of their loved ones for personal politics then that people object to it. My question is why is the left just personally attacks Ann rather than addressing the valid point she made? Why is it perfectly all right to have people use the death of people they love for their political agenda, but wrong to be disgusted by that?