Zone1 I think God requires that Christians think about/meditate on the Cross every day

1miseryindex

Platinum Member
Nov 17, 2023
USA
I'm sure all of us can say that there are days that go by when we don't think about Jesus at Calvary.

That is a wasted day.

I say you will never grow in your relationship with Christ unless you not only think about that once a day but many times a day.

BTW

Is it odd someone would say that God requires something? These days, everyone seems to think that everything is optional, even those pesky 10 Commandments

I'm sure all of us can say that there are days that go by when we don't think about Jesus at Calvary.

That is a wasted day.

I say you will never grow in your relationship with Christ unless you not only think about that once a day but many times a day.

BTW

Is it odd someone would say that God requires something? These days, everyone seems to think that everything is optional, even those pesky 10 Commandments

Every day.

Every day.

I think I do that every day also, though sometimes I start to meditate via the rosary on the Passion and I fall asleep... but at least I have thought about him at Calvary for a few minutes. I just don't like when I fall asleep like that so now I try to sit up and pray the rosary :)

I can't help but ask why would an all powerful Lord God create us and then require us to worship Him all the time? That's kind of sick if you ask me.

I think I do that every day also, though sometimes I start to meditate via the rosary on the Passion and I fall asleep... but at least I have thought about him at Calvary for a few minutes. I just don't like when I fall asleep like that so now I try to sit up and pray the rosary :)

The priest of the church I attend LOVES praying the Rosary, and as soon as the Mass is over, we all get out the rosaries, those who don't hit the door at "Deo Gratias".

It's such a powerful feeling.

For me, the best part is holding in mind the fact that Fr. Ripperger said the devil told him that every Hail Mary is like a blow to his head.

I have not gotten deeply into meditating on Calvary except on Tuesday and Friday, obviously. I'm new.

I can't help but ask why would an all powerful Lord God create us and then require us to worship Him all the time? That's kind of sick if you ask me.
The Hebrew etymologies for the word we translate as "worship" has a broader meaning than it does in English. It comes together with work and service. Will service be to God/goodness or does one prefer to serve self or evil. Pick out some of the small things that are done throughout the day. Has it been done to contribute something good? Has it been done for purely selfish reasons? Was it a bad thing to have done?

In Hebrew, the ideas of work, service, revere are often meshed together in what has come down to us as "worship".

There is nothing "sick" about being in the service of what is good.

That is a wasted day.

BTW

The cross is a symbol of the dying Christ.

The true message of Christianity is that of the living Christ,

Christians think about/meditate on the Cross every day​

Excellent idea to nail Cult Christians to the cross .

Hilarious to hear them plead for a second chance .

Forum List

Back