I shall be attending the next Young Democrats meeting

We shall see whether it varies much from the Young Republicans meetings and focuses more on actual policy than spending so much time discussing fund-raising. Already I noted that they didn't expect you to break off a chunk off every paycheck to join, unlike the republicans.

Funny--I know people who have joined conservative organizations--and no one has required them to pay---:lol::lol:

While--you're at the young democrat organization--maybe you can convince them to get back to the democrat party of JFK--a conservative one---:lol::lol:

Because the democrat party of today--is not anything close to the democrat party of decades ago. Your party has been hijacked by a bunch of liberal left-wing big spending nut-cases.

JFK was a conservative? Holy fuck...and all these years, I have remembered him so fondly as the guy who beat out Nixon, appointed LBJ as his Veep and broke the religion barrier to the white house.

Kennedy had a tough time getting many of his domestic programs through Congress. However, he did get an increased minimum wage, better Social Security benefits, and an urban renewal package passed. He created the Peace Corps, and his goal to get to the moon by the end of the 60's found overwhelming support.
On the Civil Rights front, Kennedy initially did not challenge Southern Democrats. Martin Luther King, Jr. believed that only by breaking unjust laws and accepting the consequences could African Americans show the true nature of their treatment. The press reported daily on the atrocities occurring due to nonviolent protest and civil disobedience. Kennedy used executive orders and personal appeals to aid the movement. His legislative programs, however, would not pass until after his death.

John F. Kennedy Biography - 35th President of the United States

I'll grant you, he was a lesser light in foreign affairs than in domestic ones. They were exceeding unstable times and hindsight is 20/20, as they say.

Still, if JFK was a "conservative" then for me this word has no meaning at all.

You must be too young to remember--JFK was the 1st President to use trickle down economics. Guess what? It worked to stimulate the economy. As you are aware he was also considered a "hawk" on foreign policy. LBJ was the same way. IOW--these Presidents were "fiscally" responsible--unlike other democrat Presidents after them.

that's a stupid thesis about kennedy, oreo. relative to today, kennedy and any other government betwixt carnegie and reagan taxed the shit out of americans. 'conservative', since reagan, has defined itself on borrowing the budget: neoconservatism.

the kennedy's a conservative garbage over his tax-relief gesture is retarded, but be my guest if you want to put the kennedy on the neocon lovelist of overrated american leadership.

I want a Browning...

colt-45-automatic.jpg

okay as a veteran of young democratic meetings....my advice...dont drink the wild turkey 101.....just dont....

have fun and enjoy...we all did...good times, good times...

A Browning?:cuckoo:

I'm calling BS.:eusa_hand:

Lets see proof.

You idiots have short-term memory problems, don't you?

gunshot.jpg

610x-closeup.jpg

So who are they?

What is their relationship to the Tea Party movement?

Do they belong to any of the local Tea Party groups?

If they do, what is the name of that group?

Mine is called Tea Party Patriots. What is their's?

What is their current standing?

How do we know they are not liberal Alinskyites crashing the party?

Two people showing up at a gathering that is open to the general public with inappropriate signs proves that two people showed up with inappropriate signs and nothing else.

Whenever I think 'tea party movement' I think Sarah Palin. God help us if you think she's the solution to our country's problems.

Forum List

Back