I Really Like Ron Paul but I'm Enthusiastically Voting for Obama!

Easily. He passed the NDAA, that alone makes him 100% unworthy of being president in my eyes. And before you ask, yes, I feel the same way about anyone else who voted for it or supports it (like Romney).

Unlike the rest of you party hacks, I don't put party politics above my right to a fair trial.

Abso-fucking-lutely!!! Obama shits on the Constitution with the NDAA, he blows another couple TRILLION dollars and because Nerdly gets some free health care,and because IL gets something good for the vets, they're all good with it.

What the fuck are you guys THINKING?!?

Because I am registered decline to state I will vote for Ron Paul in the Primary (which is allowed in my state) and after that neither side is a winner on NDAA. Ron Paul truely cares about the constition and would truely reduce the deficit. All the rest are mostly BS.

Both sides are for subsidized health care. Obama'a is actually less so in my mind. Granted, he is just using the government versus private insurers which I don't prefer. But, he is attacking preventative care instead of blowing dollars when it is too late. Advantage: Obama

Lastly I think Obama is more serious about reducing the deficit
. So I will vote for him. I don't want to hear about more tax breaks for the wealthy when revenue is already at record lows.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Abso-fucking-lutely!!! Obama shits on the Constitution with the NDAA, he blows another couple TRILLION dollars and because Nerdly gets some free health care,and because IL gets something good for the vets, they're all good with it.

What the fuck are you guys THINKING?!?

Because I am registered decline to state I will vote for Ron Paul in the Primary (which is allowed in my state) and after that neither side is a winner on NDAA. Ron Paul truely cares about the constition and would truely reduce the deficit. All the rest are mostly BS.

Both sides are for subsidized health care. Obama'a is actually less so in my mind. Granted, he is just using the government versus private insurers which I don't prefer. But, he is attacking preventative care instead of blowing dollars when it is too late. Advantage: Obama

Lastly I think Obama is more serious about reducing the deficit
. So I will vote for him. I don't want to hear about more tax breaks for the wealthy when revenue is already at record lows.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lmao:

You expounded brilliantly on my meaning. Simply Liberty. Both parties seem to see it as a threat as they address issues to keep the people ensconced in the new form of slavery.

Thank you and yes, I think you're right. To his credit, of ALL the candidates running in 2012, Ron Paul seems to understand that the most clearly. Unfortunately, he also seems to lack sufficient leadership skills to persuade anybody else.

I would guess neither of us are persuading many here on the truth of our convictions either. :)

Ya can't persuade me. I was already persuaded.

Well, in part.

I think Ron Paul is nuts.

Indeed. Ron Paul is part of the answer...not in totality. His foreign policy leaves way too much to be desired.

Thank you and yes, I think you're right. To his credit, of ALL the candidates running in 2012, Ron Paul seems to understand that the most clearly. Unfortunately, he also seems to lack sufficient leadership skills to persuade anybody else.

I would guess neither of us are persuading many here on the truth of our convictions either. :)

Well, in part.

Indeed. Ron Paul is part of the answer...not in totality. His foreign policy leaves way too much to be desired.

And the other 3 leave a lot to be desired on domestic policy.

So why is it that the GOP defaults to the foreign policy and prefers Romney or Santorum?

Don't we have enough problems HERE right now? We already have the strongest military in the world and enough nuclear weapons to destroy the planet in a day. How unsafe can it possibly get?

We need to start taking care of our own house and fucking let everyone else take care of theirs. We're on the brink of economic catastrophe over here, and we're worried about little 3rd world countries that don't even have air or naval power.

Well, in part.

So why is it that the GOP defaults to the foreign policy and prefers Romney or Santorum?

Don't we have enough problems HERE right now? We already have the strongest military in the world and enough nuclear weapons to destroy the planet in a day. How unsafe can it possibly get?

We need to start taking care of our own house and fucking let everyone else take care of theirs. We're on the brink of economic catastrophe over here, and we're worried about little 3rd world countries that don't even have air or naval power.

Because Romney and Santorum are controlled by the party and its masters. Paul is a lot less "controllable"... and quite a bit more whacky too.

Immie

Because Romney and Santorum are controlled by the party and its masters. Paul is a lot less "controllable"... and quite a bit more whacky too.

Immie

I meant GOP electorate.

Immie

I meant GOP electorate.

?

"The other three?"

Ya lost me. Whatever, maybe my statement didn't follow with yours. Sorry.

Immie

Immie

I meant GOP electorate.

?

"The other three?"

Immie

Gingrich, Romney and Santorum.

Paulie thinks Ron Paul is an actual GOP presidential contender.

?

"The other three?"

Immie

Gingrich, Romney and Santorum.

Paulie thinks Ron Paul is an actual GOP presidential contender.

No, I got that, but then he said that he meant the GOP electorate. I'm not sure what he means there.

Immie

Sorry. His babbling is contagious.

:D

I don't think he's keeping track of what he, himself, is saying.

Immie

I meant GOP electorate.

?

"The other three?"

Immie

Meaning the GOP electorate defaulting to foreign policy and choosing one of the other 3 besides Paul.

I meant GOP electorate.

?

"The other three?"

Immie

Meaning the GOP electorate defaulting to foreign policy and choosing one of the other 3 besides Paul.

That is what I thought you meant and why I said that the reason they do so is because they have Romney and Santorum bought and paid for, Ron Paul is a different story, but don't think that is going to convince me to vote for Paul!

Immie

?

"The other three?"

Immie

That is what I thought you meant and why I said that the reason they do so is because they have Romney and Santorum bought and paid for, Ron Paul is a different story, but don't think that is going to convince me to vote for Paul!

Immie

Elaborate on what them being bought and paid for has to do with voters preferring them.

Immie

Elaborate on what them being bought and paid for has to do with voters preferring them.

Ah, now I see what you meant. I meant that the powers that be in the Republican Party and their "masters" are the ones keeping Paul out of the realm of a true contender because he is not so easy to control and the others have already been bought and sold.

We were thinking different categories of "Republicans".

The way I see it, your "electorate" doesn't really have as much of a choice as you seem to think. They will get to vote in the general election whom ever the elite Republicans want to put forward.

Do I sound a tad bit cynical about our "representative leaders"?

Immie

?

"The other three?"

Immie

Immie

And I don't think any of them have been bought and paid for. Santorum isn't rich enough to be bought; Gingrich's net worth is 6+ million; Paul's net worth 4+ million, and Romney came into the mix with more money than he can productively spend in his lifetime which suggests to me that he is doing this to serve or for the prestige or maybe either or or maybe a bit of both.

At any rate, I am not questioning the motives of any of them as there is simply no evidence to suggest they are beholden to anybody. They all are millionaries and could live quite comfortably for the rest of their lives without putting themselves through this kind of stress. I think it unlikely that any are doing this for monetary gain or ONLY for monetary gain.

Last edited:
?

"The other three?"

Immie

Immie

You must consider more then the individual, you must also consider the party they belong to.

Right or left

MORE DEBT PLEASE.

Immie

And I don't think any of them have been bought and paid for. Santorum isn't rich enough to be bought; Gingrich's net worth is 6+ million; Paul's net worth 4+ million, and Romney came into the mix with more money than he can productively spend in his lifetime which suggests to me that he is doing this to serve or for the prestige or maybe either or or maybe a bit of both.

At any rate, I am not questioning the motives of any of them as there is simply no evidence to suggest they are beholden to anybody. They all are millionaries and could live quite comfortably for the rest of their lives without putting themselves through this kind of stress. I think it unlikely that any are doing this for monetary gain or ONLY for monetary gain.

Where do you think Romney came by his riches? Was he really that much better of a business person than say Warren Buffett?

Gingrich and Santorum are part of the party elite. They have sold their soul already.

Paul is... well, I suppose to borrow from McCain a maverick. He's uncontrollable. The party elite do not want him in national office because they can't control him.

Immie

Immie

You must consider more then the individual, you must also consider the party they belong to.

Right or left

MORE DEBT PLEASE.

I have. I'm not voting for Obama either for the same reasons.

Immie

Immie

Where do you think Romney came by his riches? Was he really that much better of a business person than say Warren Buffett?

Gingrich and Santorum are part of the party elite. They have sold their soul already.

Paul is... well, I suppose to borrow from McCain a maverick. He's uncontrollable. The party elite do not want him in national office because they can't control him.

Immie

Your opinion which of course is as good as anybody else's Immie.

I'm just not buying that we can accuse people when there is no evidence for the accusations. You may be 100% right, but are you sure? Do you agree that diligent care is in order to avoid bearing false witness just because we want our guy to win?

Yes Ron Paul is a maverick, so much so that he simply cannot lead anybody. He refused to endorse John McCain in 2008, but then so did I though I did vote for him over Obama. Did Paul vote for McCain? The best bet is that he voted for Bob Barr.

(If McCain was true to himself, he probably would have put the final nails into the GOP coffin, but evenso he would have allowed much less damage to the country than what we got from the guy we did elect.)

Some little known facts about Ron Paul because the media didn't care and his supporters have ignored it or swept it under the rug is the fact that Paul DID endorse Cynthia McKinney--that would indeed be the crazy lady Cynthia McKinney--and he endorsed Ralph Nader and he endorsed Chuck Baldwin that most politicians would have avoided like crazy because of his strong stance that the South should have won the Civil War.

Now of course RP did not endorse any of these people for their economic or politicval sense but for other reasons. But you simply can't be that much of a maverick and expect to win the support and confidence of the party you affiliate with.

Last edited:

Immie

Your opinion which of course is as good as anybody else's Immie.

I'm just not buying that we can accuse people when there is no evidence for the accusations. You may be 100% right, but are you sure? Do you agree that diligent care is in order to avoid bearing false witness just because we want our guy to win?

Yes Ron Paul is a maverick, so much so that he simply cannot lead anybody. He refused to endorse John McCain in 2008, but then so did I though I did vote for him over Obama. Did Paul vote for McCain? The best bet is that he voted for Bob Barr.

(If McCain was true to himself, he probably would have put the final nails into the GOP coffin, but evenso he would have allowed much less damage to the country than what we got from the guy we did elect.)

Some little known facts about Ron Paul because the media didn't care and his supporters have ignored it or swept it under the rug is the fact that Paul DID endorse Cynthia McKinney--that would indeed be the crazy lady Cynthia McKinney--and he endorsed Ralph Nader and he endorsed Chuck Baldwin that most politicians would have avoided like crazy because of his strong stance that the South should have won the Civil War.

Now of course RP did not endorse any of these people for their economic or politicval sense but for other reasons. But you simply can't be that much of a maverick and expect to win the support and confidence of the party you affiliate with.

I have only what the parties have shown me in the past.

All of these "gentlemen" are seeking election to the most Prestigious job in our country if not the world. Prior experience that is 100% accurate as far as I can tell throughout my life, is that I cannot trust a doggone thing anyone of these individuals tell me. Until their is some kind of an indication that this has changed, I'm not going to be fooled again.

If that means I have to not vote for the next 5 (if I live that long) Presidential candidates of either party, then so be it. They have not earned my trust, and I have not seen a lick of evidence from either of the current candidates that I should change my views this time around.

Immie

Forum List

Back