I ordered my first gun today

If you think you need to buy a tactical shotgun because of Biden, you really need to send that gun back as you are more of a danger to yourself and those around you than a sitting President.

Next is the SAINT® VICTOR .308 AR-10 RIFLE

Last edited:
The Mossberg and the Remington are both quality guns. And both can be customized with aftermarket goodies.
Mossberg is the one I chose, I did my research. I will be sending the barrel off for porting and customization.

My "bump in the night" Mossberg Shockwave "not a shotgun".....I even fashioned a rail mounted pointy-stabby for it. ;)

I put a TLR-3 light/laser on top sighted for in house distance of 5-7 yards and it's the cat's ass. Very effective for in-house work for that type of "not a shotgun".

I also replaced the safety with a larger and much more positive metal butterfly safety.

002 (2).JPG

A word about Mossberg custom stuff. Pistol grip stocks are a no-no on a 590/500 due to the safety location.

There is simply no way you can manipulate the safety with your grip hand with a P-grip stock.

Now the Mossberg Maverick 88 guns are GTG in that regard as they use a cross-bolt safety much like the Win. 1200 Defender.

My "bump in the night" Mossberg Shockwave "not a shotgun".....I even fashioned a rail mounted pointy-stabby for it. ;)

I put a TLR-3 light/laser on top sighted for in house distance of 5-7 yards and it's the cat's ass. Very effective for in-house work for that type of "not a shotgun".

I also replaced the safety with a larger and much more positive metal butterfly safety.

View attachment 816272

A word about Mossberg custom stuff. Pistol grip stocks are a no-no on a 590/500 due to the safety location.

There is simply no way you can manipulate the safety with your grip hand with a P-grip stock.

Now the Mossberg Maverick 88 guns are GTG in that regard as they use a cross-bolt safety much like the Win. 1200 Defender.
I will get this after I get my SAINT® VICTOR .308 AR-10 RIFLE

View attachment 816272

Sweet!!

Yeah I did not know how the light/laser combo would work but other owners were putting decent lasers on the rail with good results.

I got the TLR-3 with a used G-19 and hated it on the pistol so it was just in the parts box. I tried it and it held-up just fine in drills I conducted on my range property. GTG.

I have looked at these guns, and wanted one. But it felt like the Mare's Leg pistols. Very cool, but how do you aim it? Now I know.

Just joking with you because that is how you originally registered.

Didn't think you were taking it personally.
I take everything personally Dogmaphobe. ohh WinterBorn you found that amusing.
I will be watching you. Tunafish are very aggressive

I have looked at these guns, and wanted one. But it felt like the Mare's Leg pistols. Very cool, but how do you aim it? Now I know.
A lot of folks have been buying a youth stock (or entry length stock) along with applying for a tax stamp and getting a more traditional "sawed-off" 590 out of them.

It's a very viable package with traditional sighting.....Any 500/590 stock will work though if you need the extra LOP.

One guy I know stamped one and used a Speedfeed stock.

A lot of folks have been buying a youth stock (or entry length stock) along with applying for a tax stamp and getting a more traditional "sawed-off" 590 out of them.

It's a very viable package with traditional sighting.....Any 500/590 stock will work though if you need the extra LOP.

One guy I know stamped one and used a Speedfeed stock.
Thanks for the info.

Forum List

Back