I need some new ideas for grilling/smoking

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
I have been using the new Webber I bought 3 to 4 days a week and I'm growing tired of the same things. Up to this point I've been doing smoked chicken, smoked filet, burgers, wings & onion soup potatoes. Occasionally ribs but I'm terrible with them on this grill.

I need some variety people!

I have been using the new Webber I bought 3 to 4 days a week and I'm growing tired of the same things. Up to this point I've been doing smoked chicken, smoked filet, burgers, wings & onion soup potatoes. Occasionally ribs but I'm terrible with them on this grill.

Are you talking about a water smoker or a kettle?

Ice cream?

My grilled salmon is slammin. Just get a big piece of foil and a big skinned salmon fillet. Use garlic salt or even texas rub works well. Do both sides place on foil and fold up the sides but leave an opening. Get the gill really hot and then plop your foil/fillet on the grill. wait about ten minutes then flip the fillet. If it's really big you may have to cut it in sections. Then wait until the middle JUST goes from that reddish jelly look to whitish/pink. Even my sons like it and they hate fish.

Takes some clean-up -- but SLOW smoked duck is EXCELLENT. Or goose. You gotta go pro on the draining the grease. And take a knife and slit the skin in a few places.. Just season it right.

An Orange Sauce in the last hour or so and served on the side is perfect. There are several "bottled" spicy orange sauces in the Chinese section of your market. (say no to "Duck Sauce")

Another is a full Turkey. Can be done with the stuffing. But you gotta have a lot of time..

My grilled salmon is slammin. Just get a big piece of foil and a big skinned salmon fillet. Use garlic salt or even texas rub works well. Do both sides place on foil and fold up the sides but leave an opening. Get the gill really hot and then plop your foil/fillet on the grill. wait about ten minutes then flip the fillet. If it's really big you may have to cut it in sections. Then wait until the middle JUST goes from that reddish jelly look to whitish/pink. Even my sons like it and they hate fish.

Highly recommend you try this one if you're a fan of Salmon.
This is just a internet version because i'm to lazy to go dig up my recipe at the moment.
If you're interested i'll find it tomorrow.
Brown Sugar Dill Salmon Recipe

We still haven't found out if he's smoking or grilling.

HOpe he is grilling.

Smoking is bad for the health

Wait a minute....so you're anti BBQ?

anti smoking

every since I got COPD

So you dont eat smoked meats or you wont smoke meats?
:banghead:

Mostly smoking

Being a former competition BBQ'r what exactly are you calling BBQ?
Are you using a true offset or diverted heat source or are you referring to what northerners call BBQ when they throw a burger on the grill?
If you're a Southerner I didnt mean to insult you........

Tonight I did smoked hamburgers. Delicious! I also looked up a recipe for homemade fries. I blanched my fries! Whatever the fuck that means but God damn they were the best fries I ever had. Prep time seemed a bit ridiculous for French fries but it was worth it. About 40 minutes total.

HOpe he is grilling.

Smoking is bad for the health

Wait a minute....so you're anti BBQ?

anti smoking

every since I got COPD

So you dont eat smoked meats or you wont smoke meats?
:banghead:

Alright...my first thought was ciggs but It's tough to decipher sarcasm.
My second was some people equate BBQ with cancer.
In the interest of not making you sound like a pussy I chose the high road.
Sue me...:lol:

Marinade a pork tenderloin (the one where it's the two loins) at least six hours in this:

1⁄4 cups olive oil
1/4 cup sesame oil
1⁄3 cup soy sauce
1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
Juice of 1 lemon
1-2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1-2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
2 tsp dry mustard
Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1 1-lb. pork tenderloin

Hot grill, two rows of coals, space in between the rows.

Sear all sides cooking directly over coals, place loins in foil and wrap up, cook in center space between coals about 1/2 hour or so.

Forum List

Back