I misjudged Rand Paul

He said he would have marched with Mr King. He said he abhors racists but realizes their speech is as protected as his or yours.

I can't stand Fred Phelps but I respect his right to be a total douchebag.

He said he abhors "institutional" racism but supports a businesses right to discriminate as much as it wishes

Yes, he believes in private property. You dont. We all know that. What's the story here? Nothing? Didn't think so.

Then Rand Paul supports what is happening in this picture. It is a private business and they can treat their customes how they like. If the people at the counter don't like it....they can leave

lunch-counter6.jpg

He said he would have marched with Mr King. He said he abhors racists but realizes their speech is as protected as his or yours.

He said he abhors "institutional" racism but supports a businesses right to discriminate as much as it wishes

So what? If I'm a business owner I should be able to discriminate against anyone I want for anything. If I turn down the best qualified candidate for a job because of the color of his skin, I'm only hurting myself when he does to my competition who isn't stupid. If I want to deny people's business because of their religion, my competition will be happy to take their business.

You have to understand out of the gate, that these LOLberals despise private property. Anythign that distinguishes an individual needs to be erased to them. For the good of the collective.

Yes, he believes in private property. You dont. We all know that. What's the story here? Nothing? Didn't think so.

Then Rand Paul supports what is happening in this picture. It is a private business and they can treat their customes how they like. If the people at the counter don't like it....they can leave

lunch-counter6.jpg

Good stretch, Corky. but you fail at logic as usual. Supporting the right of a private owner to discriminate does not mean one supports the right to harrass them. At the same time, they should leave if they don't like being harrassed and what amounts to borderline assault. The business owner should have the right to refuse business to anyone they choose. That's what private property is all about. It's private. You hate that idea. We know.

lunch-counter6.jpg

That business requires a permit to be open to the public. My home does not.

You are a stupid, stupid, stupid person.

So what? If I'm a business owner I should be able to discriminate against anyone I want for anything. If I turn down the best qualified candidate for a job because of the color of his skin, I'm only hurting myself when he does to my competition who isn't stupid. If I want to deny people's business because of their religion, my competition will be happy to take their business.

Rand Paul opposes "institutional" racism meaning racism at government facilities. However, he supports the "institutional" racism enforced by private businesses in the Jim Crow south. Blacks had no choice of patronizing one business or another...Jim Crow barred them from all.

If Rand Paul had his way....this would still be going on

lunch-counter6.jpg

Rand Paul opposes "institutional" racism meaning racism at government facilities. However, he supports the "institutional" racism enforced by private businesses in the Jim Crow south. Blacks had no choice of patronizing one business or another...Jim Crow barred them from all.

lunch-counter6.jpg

Opinion=/=Fact

lunch-counter6.jpg

Good stretch, Corky. but you fail at logic as usual. Supporting the right of a private owner to discriminate does not mean one supports the right to harrass them. At the same time, they should leave if they don't like being harrassed and what amounts to borderline assault. The business owner should have the right to refuse business to anyone they choose. That's what private property is all about. It's private. You hate that idea. We know.

I respectfully disagree with your assertion that the owner has the right to refuse to serve people for any reason under any circumstances.

If you're going to request the PRIVILEGE of opening a business whose purpose is to serve the Public and make a profit while doing so, you have to serve the Public.

If you want to start a Private Club. Go for it. But if you're 'open to the public' then you have to be open to the Public and serve them.

You can enforce certain things like dress codes, shirts, shoes, drunkenness. profanity, etc. But you don't have the right to refuse service based on race, religion, sex etc.

lunch-counter6.jpg

Nonsense. Blacks had any number of black owned businesses they could frequent. Even if that wasn't so, we don't live in the 1950s anymore and I don't see many time travelling Deloreans on the roads.

Provide links to prove your claims of racism please.

Do we have to do ALL the heavy lifting for you righties?

Rand Paul Under Fire for Comments on Race

Rand Paul Under Fire for Comments on Race - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

If that is the heavy lifting then you're quite the wuss cause there is nothing in that article to imply he is a racist. In fact quite the opposite.

And yes, the lifting is required by the person who made the accusation.

Please point out where it says that in the rules.

Thanks.

So there is no actual racism. Just statements twisted to mean something they don't. I suppose if he runs for President this will be the main line of attack?

Among others, yeah. He's opposed to racial quotas, so he's a racist. He's opposed to expanding the welfare state, so he hates the poor. He's opposed to the War on Terror, so he loves terrorists.

Demagoguery works. You can bet they'll use it.

lunch-counter6.jpg

The business owner, F W Woolworth in this case encouraged this treatment of customers he prefered not to serve. The end result was not the arrest of those assaulting peaceful protestors but the people at the lunchcounter were arrested

Rand Paul is OK with it as long as it is a private business

If Rand Paul had his way, much of the south would still be "Whites Only"

lunch-counter6.jpg

Nonsense. Blacks had any number of black owned businesses they could frequent. Even if that wasn't so, we don't live in the 1950s anymore and I don't see many time travelling Deloreans on the roads.

Oh My God!

Its 2013....Did you just say that?

Of course, because saying "let him destroy his own business with stupid policies" is exactly the same thing as demanding separate but equal government services.

lunch-counter6.jpg

Oh My God!

Its 2013....Did you just say that?

Yes I did. It's a historicial fact that blacks were generally excluded from white businesses at the time. It is also a historical fact that blacks bought things. Since blakcs couldn't buy from white stores but still bought things that means...I know you can do this...that's right. Black owned businesses.

Jim Crow was wrong and disgusting to boot, but we can deal with the historical realities of it without inventing conditions that didn't exist just to score political points in an online argument.

lunch-counter6.jpg

Rand Paul is a Republican.

Those laws? EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM?

Passed by dimocrap politicians in dimocrap States and enforced by dimocrap thugs.

Every.Single.One.

Every.Single.Time.

You people are beyond stupid. The Republican Party was FOUNDED AS AN ABOLITIONIST PARTY.

dimocrap scum were the slavers and dimocrap scum passed and enforced the Jim Crow laws of the South.

You people are too stupid to live. Go away.

Even today, you keep Blacks chained up in the inner city ghettos.

Even today, you talk a lot and do next to nothing.

Even today, the only time you give a FUCK about Blacks is when you need their votes.

Even today, you're concerned about Blacks becoming independent and no longer being a rock-solid dimocrap voter base.

And even today, BLACKS are suffering FAR more from this SHIT ECONOMY than are whites while the Stuttering Clusterfuck does NOTHING about it but make noises.

And even today.... dimocrap scum are making the situation worse for Blacks. Every day.

Of course, because saying "let him destroy his own business with stupid policies" is exactly the same thing as demanding separate but equal government services.

In the Jim Crow south, refusing to serve blacks did not destroy your business. In fact, treating blacks as equal customers would destroy your business

That is why the Civil Rights Act was enacted. To ensure that ALL businesses treated their customers fairly. If it was voluntary, it never would have happened

Forum List

Back