I might vote for Hillary Clinton now!

The GOP does NOT need the Bill Krystol votes to win. These douche bags have made their beds and they have been tossed aside into the scrap pile. Good riddance. What the GOP is going to gain with the black and latino vote will more than make-up for the few conservative ***** who wish to sabotage Trump and the voters. Yes Trump will garner more Black and Latino votes than any Republican. Read that again and watch the exit polls in November.

By the way I'm not calling you a pussy or butthurt. A Clinton Presidency isn't the "end of the world" for you so I respect your decision not to vote for Trump and vote Hillary. I've said that a few times.

The GOP needs every vote it can get. The Democrats are a larger party in numbers and money... plus, they have the media in their pocket. The whole entire concept of "Big Tent" is getting everyone who holds any sort of Republican value to vote for your candidate, appealing to some independents and moderates, and trying to snag a few crossovers. It means absolutely nothing for Trump to get more Latino and black vote than any Republican if you're going to leave 20~30% of the party sitting this one out. Or worse... voting for Hillary just to spite your arrogant asses!

I'm concerned about the outcome of this election! I'm becoming more and more convinced that you people don't know how to win. You know how to brag... you know how to boast... you know how to insult and smear... you know how to denigrate and tear people down... you know how to blame others for your shortcomings... you're really good at that. But none of your talents are productive in convincing people to vote for your guy. You're determined to go headlong into this election with your little 14 million votes you got in a crowded primary field and tell everyone else to go to hell. I fear that strategy will result in a landslide loss.

If Hillary Clinton were anywhere near a half-way decent candidate, you'd be down by 30 points right now and this election would be over. The ONLY thing saving your ass is that she is so utterly deplorable. And that's what is so sad here, this election was a cakewalk... ANY of the other 16 GOP candidates would be winning this thing and not having to hire the head of Breitbart and Fox News to pull their tanking campaign out of the fire.
:)

Boss, the Republicans/GOP have been losing forever don't you think its time to let Trump and his campaign show everyone how its done? Here's the reality, the Democrats have been kicking Republican ass for too long because Republicans don't know how to win. They are called racists and bigots and have been bullied by the left and did nothing but cower in fear. Trump has faced their attacks head on and called them out on their bullshit. He wasn't afraid to say what most Americans were/are thinking, he isn't afraid to say the entire system (including his party) is corrupt and broken. He'll win in November, I'm very confident in that prediction.

The other 16 would be getting stomped right now Boss. They would have folded under the onslaught that Trump faced. Make no mistake about it. The media would have attacked the hell out of them just as much.

The Democrats and media needed to get throat punched and Trump was the perfect candidate to deliver it. Their attacks are impotent and he's turning the tables on them. These next 4-5 weeks are going to be very interesting, I think by week 4 you're going to be posting a "I'm going to vote for Trump" thread :lol:

What you seem to be missing is that the media laid a primrose path for Trump to win the nomination. They gave him all the air time in the world to explain his gaffes and boners, they assisted in the smearing of Cruz and others, they did everything they could to ensure Trump won the nomination. Now that he has won, things are going to be starkly different. He's not going to get all that air time to explain himself, he will be grilled and hounded by a media with an agenda to get Hillary elected. Not only that, but you now have a large segment of Republicans who are not going to support him. He has not been able to unify the party and he missed a golden opportunity to do that at the convention. Republicans have been losing because they can't unify the party... Trump's "showing us how it's done" amounts to tanking poll numbers across the board and more polarization within the party.... uhm... that's kinda what we DON'T need to happen.

Now I will say this... He gave two impressive speeches this week and he avoided saying something stupid. If he continues to do that, he will gain ground because Hillary is flat out awful. His foreign policy speech on Monday was one of the best I've heard since Ronald Reagan. I still have some reservations about his economic plan but I can live with that. Does that sound like I am a butthurt Cruz supporter or nevertrumper? :dunno:

Let's be clear... I'm not getting on the Trump Train. Trump has to get on the Conservative Train. If he can do that and stay there, he might be able to win this election. If he can't, then he will lose like McCain and Romney, who also couldn't seem to hitch a ride on the Conservative Train.
A primrose path to win the nomination? Are you fucking kidding me? The media at first laughed him off, then laughed him off some more, then some more, then some more, then he became the anti-Christ, then he became Hitler, then he was insane, then he was a narcissist...then he won the nomination. Primmrose path my ass, he had the media and every moronic "conservative" against him. We won't even talk about all the collusion behind the scenes with the other candidates teaming up and "dropping" out of states. Trump faced every obstacle known to man in the political arena and won.

Boss your spitting out talking points about unification and tanking polls. Trump is not behind in the polls (he's winning or within the margin of error) and there is party unity. A few straggling butt hurt pussies do not make for a large swath of the Republican party. (again not directing that at you)

What the fuck is a Conservative Train? Open borders, TPP, Obamacare, sucking liberal cock and being "yes men to the Democrats...is that the Conservative Train you want Trump to jump on? Fuck that. "Conservatives" had their chance for decades and have done shit except acting like lackeys to the Dems. That's not conservatism...far from it. Populism is the new conservatism. I said a few pages back "conservatism" as you know it is dead and it has been replaced by something much better and much more inclusive. "Conservatism" dies with the grey haired dinosaurs.

i dont hate cruz; i find him creepy and condescending. his vote your conscience was code, he doubled his stage time, and could have cared less what the tx delegates thought. i watched it on cspan. the tx delegates stated trump was their new friend with big smiles. btw, it wasnt just a few that booed, most were screaming "say it." it looked unanimous to me.

why are you accusing your fellow republicans of being progressive. im the progressive one here. i got excited when i heard jill stein speak for the first time this week. im a prochoice,antipipeline/antifracking, climate change defending kinda gal. yet i am choosing republican principles under trump, not necessarily conservative values, for i understand americans need to work and we need to become energy independent. i dont personally own a gun yet, but i believe the 2nd ammendment was written for americans not just the militia. my vote will only go to second amendment candidates. imagine that, my reproductive parts dont dictate my vote.

i told my rep neighbors to put their money where their mouth is and volunteer with me. my neighbor, a military retiree, at first shrugged it off. today he offered to help me after finding out the dem convention didnt include the american flag. he gave trump a very nice donation btw. moreover, we compared and adjusted our sample ballots tonight. boss, you dont see unification but it is flourishing.

i am not shoving trump down your throat, i am merely giving you an opportunity to consider your choice and not make the same mistake i made: like voting for nobama at the last minute because the media scared me with the republican boogeyman.

I keep hearing this "creepy" nonsense and I don't get that at all. He doesn't seem the least bit creepy to me. Joe Biden is creepy.... Bill Clinton is creepy... Nancy Pelosi is creepy. But we hear so very little about their creepiness. I don't see anything condescending about him either... Trump is FAR more condescending in my opinion. And I REALLY don't get how "vote your conscience" was code... especially since Trump's daughter used the exact same phrase the following night.. was THAT code too? I mean, why would you NOT vote your conscience? Do you think Ted's supporters consciences would tell them to vote for Hillary Clinton? He also said vote your principles and not the man... do you think Cruz's supporters have principles that align with Hillary Clinton? I think, if you objectively (take off your Trump hat) look at what he said here, you will find there is another way it can be interpreted. He is making the argument for why his supporters can vote for Trump in good conscience because it supports our universal principles as Republicans. That is as close to an endorsement as Trump was going to get from a man who's family was smeared with tabloid lies by the Trump campaign.

What you saw from the Texas delegation at the RNC, as well as the predominance of the crowd, was largely Trump's most avid supporters. The other delegates had left the venue. All the chanting and booing was orchestrated by Trump in order to totally humiliate Ted Cruz, which he continued to do the next day. Again, the smart political move would have been to go down to that stage, show some magnanimity, embrace Ted Cruz and show party unity. It wasn't Ted Cruz's responsibility or obligation to hunt Trump down and hug his neck. Trump is the leader... it's HIS responsibility to reach out to Cruz and Cruz supporters, not the other way around.

You can think whatever the hell you want to about Cruz but he represents a large swath of the Republican base and you need those votes to defeat Hillary Clinton. You're taking completely the WRONG way of winning those votes over. You say that you're doing volunteer work... do you use this method on others to campaign for Trump? Do you call them up or knock on their doors to tell them what a bunch of morons and idiots they are if they don't vote for Trump? If they tell you they are undecided, do you ridicule and insult them... tell them they're stupid for not being on the Trump Train with you? What part of your brain makes you think that's a winning strategy?

look, i am not trying to destroy cruz. i want you to briefly view this through my eyes. cruz would not have blazed a trail to the whitehouse. he would have joined romney and mccain as nominees of the past. you need democrats/independents to win the white too for there are more registered democrats, and then you need extra cause the democrats cheat. just google "ted cruz creepy." democrats and most bernistas would never have voted for him. read the comments:

Just Seriously Creeps Me Out - Democratic Underground

as for volunteering, hosting fundraisers first.

let me tell you about polk county. at the daytona trump rally, the party was proud to announce that trump had won the straw poll in polk county. this is significant for the I-4 corridor has solidly voted democrat. trump did that.

Boss, post: 15047577
He no longer gets the air time to explain his comments and the media is not helping promote his spin. And don't worry... the Howard Stern interview is coming... so is the scathing documentary NBC purchased. It's all going to be unleashed on Trump now because the media is in the tank for Hillary... they have been all along... this whole thing was by design.

Are you flailing about as a helpless hopeless victim or promoting another grand conspiracy theory, or both.

It's your freaking rightwing media propaganda hate talk radio and Fox News and Breitbart machine the empowered Donald Trump in the first place. A little more self blame is in order. And we now know that many white evangelical Christians have no moral principles or decency whatsoever. They are some of Trump's biggest backers. The same bunch of fools that pressured Bush into deciding to invade Iraq and create such a disaster in the Persian Arab world.

And I REALLY don't get how "vote your conscience" was code... especially since Trump's daughter used the exact same phrase the following night.. was THAT code too?
One was said by Ivanka Trump and the other was said by Ted Cruz. They were used under completely different contexts.

There's no way you don't see that.

I keep hearing this "creepy" nonsense and I don't get that at all. He doesn't seem the least bit creepy to me.
He's very creepy. Reptilian, in a way. As Matt Taibbi wrote:

Cruz glanced back and forth across the room with that odd, neckless, monitor-lizard posture of his.

Nancy Pelosi is creepy.
I'll give you that one. But it's strictly due to her appearance post-Botox, or whatever. Nothing she does or says is creepy.

Synthaholic, post: 15046691
I think a lot of Republicans know that Bush lied, and people died. What I find telling is all the "conservatives" and recent teabaggers, and recent Neo-cons all are so eager to abandon everything they have always espoused and defended since Reagan.

Had all those Republicans and right leaning independents and pro-war white Evangelical Christians marched in the streets against Bush's pending decision to end UN inspections in March 2003 in order to invade Iraq, that disaster would likely have been averted.

But they didn't and will never apologize for supporting the war even after it was known that WMD were not to be found there. So their self deceit in taking Trump at his antiwar word and shifting blame onto Obama and Clinton for the current disaster in that part of the world is the ultimate in hypocrisy and shifting blame.

When they blame themselves we could possibly begin to heal this country. But if that does not happen we will have to wait until all the pro-Iraq invasion hypocrites and liars like Trump himself are dead and buried

These are some of the most shameful people in America's history. These are the Trump supporters having spent more than a decade furiously supporting Bush's disastrous decision to end peaceful inspections and invade Iraq and now call it Obama's mistake.

At least Trump exposed them.

The media at first laughed him off, then laughed him off some more, then some more, then some more, then he became the anti-Christ, then he became Hitler, then he was insane, then he was a narcissist...then he won the nomination.
Your memory is a little different that mine. I remember them complimenting him for bringing new ideas and issues to the Republican Party while criticizing him mercilessly over his remarks about Mexicans, McCain, and building a wall.

But the entire time, they not only talked about him 24/7, they covered everything he said - in it's entirety.

And they still do that to a large degree. You can't make any claim that the media is against him when they've given him over $2 billion of FREE coverage.

Not only that, but for his entire candidacy, the media has asked "How can Trump get on track? What does he need to do to appeal to the largest audience?" They've employed so-called "political experts" to give him advice on a daily basis (the fact that he ignores the advice is irrelevant). That doesn't sound like a media that is anti-Trump.

amethyst, post: 15051979
huge grants are being awarded to lesbian farmers in a so called effort to force the area to embrace being different. the reality is they want to dillute that conservative block.

Source???? What 'grants' are those? Approved by the Teabagger House? How?

The media at first laughed him off, then laughed him off some more, then some more, then some more, then he became the anti-Christ, then he became Hitler, then he was insane, then he was a narcissist...then he won the nomination.
Your memory is a little different that mine. I remember them complimenting him for bringing new ideas and issues to the Republican Party while criticizing him mercilessly over his remarks about Mexicans, McCain, and building a wall.

But the entire time, they not only talked about him 24/7, they covered everything he said - in it's entirety.

And they still do that to a large degree. You can't make any claim that the media is against him when they've given him over $2 billion of FREE coverage.

Not only that, but for his entire candidacy, the media has asked "How can Trump get on track? What does he need to do to appeal to the largest audience?" They've employed so-called "political experts" to give him advice on a daily basis (the fact that he ignores the advice is irrelevant). That doesn't sound like a media that is anti-Trump.
They covered him 24/7 with lies Synth. It was NEVER in its entirety and I can say that with 100% conviction. They used soundbites and twisted his words everyday to try and make him look bad. They spread and continue to spread very dangerous rhetoric about what he stands for. Why do you think all these protestors are showing up at his rallies and assaulting/beating his supporters along with all the other violence they are visiting upon the cities and his supporters where rallies are held? These people really believe he's a dangerous man and his supporters are racists and bigots. I know your going to blame him for that image but whether you choose to believe it or not the media and the opposition created that through distorting and lying about everything he says.

That "over 2 billion in free coverage" has been nothing but negativity and lies. He's turning it around on them though. This past week has been a whole new Trump in regards to his rallies and speeches. His rallies are no longer about the crooked media and his successes everywhere. He's staying on message, attacking Clintons failures and asking for the blacks to give him a chance. He's meeting with Latino organizations to talk about immigration and he will be releasing his policy on the issue of immigration this coming week. I expect it NOT to be in the realm of deporting 11 million people but a solution that will bring the "good illegals" square with the law and ending illegal immigration. Course the left will say he's flipping on the issue, but for most of the Trump supporters taking action on the issue and actually doing something is a great thing.

BTW, I approve or your sig ;) Thanks man

Study: Hillary Clinton, not Donald Trump, gets the most negative media coverage

media-bias-chart-485x296.jpg

trump-coverage-485x285.jpg

amethyst, post: 15051979
huge grants are being awarded to lesbian farmers in a so called effort to force the area to embrace being different. the reality is they want to dillute that conservative block.

Source???? What 'grants' are those? Approved by the Teabagger House? How?

Feds Holding Summits for Lesbian Farmers

The all-day summit will teach lesbian and transgender hillbillies how to get subsidies from the government like rural housing loans and “community facility grants.” Bullying will also be discussed.

(sarcasm) lesbian milk mustache commercial in the works?

Synthaholic, post: 15046691
I think a lot of Republicans know that Bush lied, and people died. What I find telling is all the "conservatives" and recent teabaggers, and recent Neo-cons all are so eager to abandon everything they have always espoused and defended since Reagan.

Had all those Republicans and right leaning independents and pro-war white Evangelical Christians marched in the streets against Bush's pending decision to end UN inspections in March 2003 in order to invade Iraq, that disaster would likely have been averted.

But they didn't and will never apologize for supporting the war even after it was known that WMD were not to be found there. So their self deceit in taking Trump at his antiwar word and shifting blame onto Obama and Clinton for the current disaster in that part of the world is the ultimate in hypocrisy and shifting blame.

When they blame themselves we could possibly begin to heal this country. But if that does not happen we will have to wait until all the pro-Iraq invasion hypocrites and liars like Trump himself are dead and buried

These are some of the most shameful people in America's history. These are the Trump supporters having spent more than a decade furiously supporting Bush's disastrous decision to end peaceful inspections and invade Iraq and now call it Obama's mistake.

At least Trump exposed them.

the inspections were already completed. i read the results and no wmd were found long before the invasion. the difference between both presidents is: bush just wanted a legacy which all presidents aim for while nobama and hillary were just
incompetent.

i have never been a fan of bush so dont throw that back at me.

A primrose path to win the nomination? Are you fucking kidding me? The media at first laughed him off, then laughed him off some more, then some more, then some more, then he became the anti-Christ, then he became Hitler, then he was insane, then he was a narcissist...then he won the nomination. Primmrose path my ass, he had the media and every moronic "conservative" against him. We won't even talk about all the collusion behind the scenes with the other candidates teaming up and "dropping" out of states. Trump faced every obstacle known to man in the political arena and won.

Boss your spitting out talking points about unification and tanking polls. Trump is not behind in the polls (he's winning or within the margin of error) and there is party unity. A few straggling butt hurt pussies do not make for a large swath of the Republican party. (again not directing that at you)

What the fuck is a Conservative Train? Open borders, TPP, Obamacare, sucking liberal cock and being "yes men to the Democrats...is that the Conservative Train you want Trump to jump on? Fuck that. "Conservatives" had their chance for decades and have done shit except acting like lackeys to the Dems. That's not conservatism...far from it. Populism is the new conservatism. I said a few pages back "conservatism" as you know it is dead and it has been replaced by something much better and much more inclusive. "Conservatism" dies with the grey haired dinosaurs.

Trump won with about 40% of the Republican vote. The remaining 60% favored someone else. Each time he made a gaffe that would have eliminated any of the others, the networks gave him ample time to explain his side of things and the noted talking heads lent credence to his account. I realize that he won but it wasn't as strong of a win as you seem to believe.

Trump is behind in every major poll across the board. Some have him trailing by double-digits now... which is why he has shaken up his campaign team and changed his message. Conservatives have NOT had their chance, they never get their chance... the last true Conservative GOP candidate was 36 years ago and he won two landslide elections. Populism is NOT Conservatism.... new, old or otherwise. In fact, it actually has more in common with Progressivism... so no, it's NOT better and it hasn't replaced any damn thing.

Have no idea what you mean by Conservatives being for open borders, TPP, Obamacare or sucking liberal cock... it's certainly nothing Ted Cruz ever did. You seem to be wanting to blame establishment elitism on Conservatives and that's just pure displaced silliness.

look, i am not trying to destroy cruz. i want you to briefly view this through my eyes. cruz would not have blazed a trail to the whitehouse. he would have joined romney and mccain as nominees of the past. you need democrats/independents to win the white too for there are more registered democrats, and then you need extra cause the democrats cheat. just google "ted cruz creepy." democrats and most bernistas would never have voted for him. read the comments:

Just Seriously Creeps Me Out - Democratic Underground

as for volunteering, hosting fundraisers first.

let me tell you about polk county. at the daytona trump rally, the party was proud to announce that trump had won the straw poll in polk county. this is significant for the I-4 corridor has solidly voted democrat. trump did that.

Again, this "creepy" bullshit is just a shallow personal criticism that is patently juvenile and sophomoric. One of the "creepiest-looking" presidents we have ever had was Abraham Lincoln... he's also one of the greatest. How someone LOOKS shouldn't have a damn thing to do with anything... and it's not like Trump is the epitome of "good looks!"

Now... NONE of us know how well Ted Cruz would have fared had he won the nomination. We can SPECULATE all day long... there is not a way to PROVE anything. The man is an exceptional debater and if you aren't so shallow as to prejudge him by his "creepy looks" he articulates solid principled Conservative values well.

But now, the thing is... the primary is over and he lost. He can't win the nomination now... the primary is over. So why are you stuck here criticizing Cruz as if he is still posing a challenge to Trump? You're actively spending your time digging up articles to show me how Cruz was an inferior choice to Trump as if THAT will make some kind of difference in November... the time to do that was months ago when the primary was happening. Again... the primary is over and there is 0% chance Ted Cruz will be the GOP nominee.

On election night... I promise they are not going to say... Hillary Clinton gets 270 electoral votes but fails to win the presidency because Trump was successful at destroying Ted Cruz! Trump gets zero electoral votes for that. So what is your purpose here? To destroy Ted Cruz completely and unmistakably, forever and ever...; OR to defeat Hillary Clinton in November?

Forum List

Back