I may be a foolish optimist....

Great I hope he goes in with the mission to shut the freaking doors.

Another plus is Pruitt is a globull warming skeptic

There goes EPA legislating though the courts with their sue and settle policy.

Trump has promised to down size the federal workforce, hopefully he'll chop up the EPA

I've been on my congresscritters for years to kill that agency, every State has an equivalent agency, leave it to the States where it constitutionally belongs.

Yep and I'm guessing Al Gore's meeting with Ivanka the left were touting was another Trump head fake LOL Surprise!!!!

Trump is fully aware that EPA regs are costing American business hundreds of billions a year and that's the primary reason for all the off shoring. He plans to get rid of the regs that really accomplish nothing and costs bundles of money.

Not only the expense but some of the EPA regulations actually result in side effects such as pollution and food shortages. Burning ethanol for example causes more CO2 than petroleum products and reduces gas mileage.

I've been on my congresscritters for years to kill that agency, every State has an equivalent agency, leave it to the States where it constitutionally belongs.

It must be OK for you to have someone pee on the opposite side of the pool where you're trying out your new water wings.

Not only the expense but some of the EPA regulations actually result in side effects such as pollution and food shortages. Burning ethanol for example causes more CO2 than petroleum products and reduces gas mileage.

Plus fuel stations had to get new lines to handle ethanol which was a pretty good expense to them.

After ethanol started to get into our fuel, food prices soared and continue to be high today. But what did they think would happen when you burn up your food supply?

Trump is fully aware that EPA regs are costing American business hundreds of billions a year and that's the primary reason for all the off shoring. He plans to get rid of the regs that really accomplish nothing and costs bundles of money.

Can't wait for Houston (or Tulsa) to look like this

china-bad-pollution-climate-change-7__880.jpg

Another plus is Pruitt is a globull warming skeptic

Trump has promised to down size the federal workforce, hopefully he'll chop up the EPA

Yep and I'm guessing Al Gore's meeting with Ivanka the left were touting was another Trump head fake LOL Surprise!!!!

As a tractor-trailer driver, I can testify to that.

During the Bush years, they lowered sulfur content in diesel fuel. Until recently, diesel was about a dollar per gallon more than gasoline whereas before, diesel was always less cost.

They put so much pollution crap in trucks today it's hard to keep them on the road. I would estimate that over 80% of our problems with trucks have something to do with some pollution gadget going haywire. To run all these gadgets, you don't need one computer, you need three of them. And we all know how well electronics works in sub zero weather.

Besides all this pollution crap jacking up the price of trucks by at least 10 grand, they also forced us to use Diesel Emission Fluid, or DEF for short. DEF is a separate container that has this environmental crap which squirts into your exhaust pipe as you drive. If you run out of DEF while driving, you F-up the engine.

I work for a small family company with under a dozen trucks, and already, all this pollution crap costs my company over 100K per year in breakdowns, DEF fluid, truck rental while ours gets repaired, and new truck purchases. I can't imagine the costs to major carriers with 100 trucks or so.

It must be OK for you to have someone pee on the opposite side of the pool where you're trying out your new water wings.

What federal law would that fall under?

Can't wait for Houston (or Tulsa) to look like this

china-bad-pollution-climate-change-7__880.jpg

Like a good little regressive you just jump from normal conversation to the absurd, the State of TX in harder on refineries and power plants, on air quality, than the EPA is.

Last edited:
In my never-ending (and perhaps naive and foolish) quest to find some bit of a silver-lining in the midst of the Trump madness (take a look at who he just appointed to be in charge of the EPA).......I think that Trump has this need to be a superman like hero.

He is appointing hyenas to take charge of the hen houses, so that he may outvote them when they make decisions that are clearly against the public's best interests........(did I mention that I am a naive, foolish optimist?) ......LOL

Nominating somebody that understands the tremendous damage that Obama's EPA has done to the US is not a hyena, you dumbass Moon Bat.

It is somebody that can help to make this country great again.

You wouldn't understand.

In my never-ending (and perhaps naive and foolish) quest to find some bit of a silver-lining in the midst of the Trump madness (take a look at who he just appointed to be in charge of the EPA).......I think that Trump has this need to be a superman like hero.

He is appointing hyenas to take charge of the hen houses, so that he may outvote them when they make decisions that are clearly against the public's best interests........(did I mention that I am a naive, foolish optimist?) ......LOL
Trump will be a good president. Certainly better than Obama.

During the Bush years, they lowered sulfur content in diesel fuel. Until recently, diesel was about a dollar per gallon more than gasoline whereas before, diesel was always less cost.

They put so much pollution crap in trucks today it's hard to keep them on the road. I would estimate that over 80% of our problems with trucks have something to do with some pollution gadget going haywire. To run all these gadgets, you don't need one computer, you need three of them. And we all know how well electronics works in sub zero weather.

Besides all this pollution crap jacking up the price of trucks by at least 10 grand, they also forced us to use Diesel Emission Fluid, or DEF for short. DEF is a separate container that has this environmental crap which squirts into your exhaust pipe as you drive. If you run out of DEF while driving, you F-up the engine.

I work for a small family company with under a dozen trucks, and already, all this pollution crap costs my company over 100K per year in breakdowns, DEF fluid, truck rental while ours gets repaired, and new truck purchases. I can't imagine the costs to major carriers with 100 trucks or so.

The company I was leased to had 34 people in their regulatory compliance office. When I was there they had 1600 trucks. The individual owners had to deal with all the EPA crap on the tucks, many just spent the money to keep older trucks roadworthy instead of buying new ones.

The company I was leased to had 34 people in their regulatory compliance office. When I was there they had 1600 trucks. The individual owners had to deal with all the EPA crap on the tucks, many just spent the money to keep older trucks roadworthy instead of buying new ones.

I'm aware of companies here that do that. But there is only so long you can stall. We have DOT cops all over the place over here, and because they can randomly select vehicles to inspect, those older vehicles are the first to get pulled over. Even if nothing is wrong, it takes about an hour to do the inspection and print out the paperwork.

All these costs get passed on to our customers. Our customers make or participate in making the products you and I buy at the store. So we consumer eventually pay for all this pollution crap.

That's why I said from the beginning that Trump should take a tip from Michelle. She got her hubby to force restaurants to put calorie count on every item in their menu. While that idiotic idea didn't make one fat kid skinny, it did give me an idea of what to do with all these environmental concerns.

Why not have a law that all products must post environmental costs that are contained in the product? Let people see what they are actually paying for all this environmental crap. Perhaps if they added it all up, most would say our air and water are just fine.

I'm aware of companies here that do that. But there is only so long you can stall. We have DOT cops all over the place over here, and because they can randomly select vehicles to inspect, those older vehicles are the first to get pulled over. Even if nothing is wrong, it takes about an hour to do the inspection and print out the paperwork.

All these costs get passed on to our customers. Our customers make or participate in making the products you and I buy at the store. So we consumer eventually pay for all this pollution crap.

That's why I said from the beginning that Trump should take a tip from Michelle. She got her hubby to force restaurants to put calorie count on every item in their menu. While that idiotic idea didn't make one fat kid skinny, it did give me an idea of what to do with all these environmental concerns.

Why not have a law that all products must post environmental costs that are contained in the product? Let people see what they are actually paying for all this environmental crap. Perhaps if they added it all up, most would say our air and water are just fine.

Been there done that, I drove a mini float. 1 ton truck with a 34' goose neck trailer. My trailer had single tandem axles, meaning two tires per axle. I spent almost 2 hours educating a LA DOT officer that a mud flap is only require behind dual tires, not singles. After he called his HQ and consulted with 5 other officers they finally came up with the conclusion I was right.

His EPA pick is exactly what his voters want.

Ha! Most of his voters don't even know what the EPA is

Been there done that, I drove a mini float. 1 ton truck with a 34' goose neck trailer. My trailer had single tandem axles, meaning two tires per axle. I spent almost 2 hours educating a LA DOT officer that a mud flap is only require behind dual tires, not singles. After he called his HQ and consulted with 5 other officers they finally came up with the conclusion I was right.

Did you take your dog to work with you, too?

His EPA pick is exactly what his voters want.

Ha! Most of his voters don't even know what the EPA is

And it's that kind of condescending attitude that cost you the election with blue collar workers.

Did you take your dog to work with you, too?

Don't have a dog and I don't work anymore. I retired on 13 Sep 2010, got tired of the BS.

My silver lining is that this may accelerate the downfall of the United States of Terrorism.

My silver lining is that this may accelerate the downfall of the United States of Terrorism.
I'm not sure most of us want to be part of your retardation. My silver lining is people like you die. That would be something to look forward to.

Forum List

Back