Contumacious

Radical Freedom
Aug 16, 2009
Adjuntas, PR , USA
Thousands pack D.C. to protest spending, taxes
Fiscal conservatives converge for 'March on Washington'
090912-tax-hmed-8a.h2.jpg

updated 2 hours, 51 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - Thousands of people marched to the U.S. Capitol on Saturday, carrying signs with slogans such as "Obamacare makes me sick" as they protested the president's health care plan and what they say is out-of-control spending.

The line of protesters completely filled Pennsylvania Avenue for blocks, all the way to the capitol, according to the D.C. Homeland Security and Emergency Management Agency. People were chanting "enough, enough" and "We the People." Others yelled "You lie, you lie!" and "Pelosi has to go," referring to California congresswoman Nancy Pelosi.

Others are waving U.S. flags and holding signs reading "Go Green Recycle Congress" and "I'm Not Your ATM." Some men are dressed in colonial costumes. Police on motorcycles and horses watched as the marchers passed.

Washington's Lies​

President Obama and congressional supporters estimate that his health care plan will cost between $50 and $65 billion a year. Such cost estimates are lies whether they come from a Democratic president and Congress, or a Republican president and Congress. You say, "Williams, you don't show much trust in the White House and Congress." Let's check out their past dishonesty.

At its start, in 1966, Medicare cost $3 billion. The House Ways and Means Committee, along with President Johnson, estimated that Medicare would cost an inflation-adjusted $12 billion by 1990. In 1990, Medicare topped $107 billion. That's nine times Congress' prediction. Today's Medicare tab comes to $420 billion with no signs of leveling off. How much confidence can we have in any cost estimates by the White House or Congress?

Another part of the Medicare lie is found in Section 1801 of the 1965 Medicare Act that reads: "Nothing in this title shall be construed to authorize any federal officer or employee to exercise any supervision or control over the practice of medicine, or the manner in which medical services are provided, or over the selection, tenure, or compensation of any officer, or employee, or any institution, agency or person providing health care services." Ask your doctor or hospital whether this is true.

WASHINGTON - Thousands of people marched to the U.S. Capitol on Saturday, carrying signs with slogans such as "Obamacare makes me sick" as they protested the president's health care plan and what they say is out-of-control spending.

The line of protesters completely filled Pennsylvania Avenue for blocks, all the way to the capitol, according to the D.C. Homeland Security and Emergency Management Agency. People were chanting "enough, enough" and "We the People." Others yelled "You lie, you lie!" and "Pelosi has to go," referring to California congresswoman Nancy Pelosi.

Others are waving U.S. flags and holding signs reading "Go Green Recycle Congress" and "I'm Not Your ATM." Some men are dressed in colonial costumes. Police on motorcycles and horses watched as the marchers passed.

Of course they're our ATM just as we were when Bush/Cheney were spending like drunken sailors in Iraq.

This country has always been run on tax revenue. It just happens that Repubs aren't in power anymore and have no say. They refuse to participate so you all are taxed with no representation.

Of course they're our ATM just as we were when Bush/Cheney were spending like drunken sailors in Iraq.
This country has always been run on tax revenue. It just happens that Repubs aren't in power anymore and have no say. They refuse to participate so you all are taxed with no representation.

Iraq/Afghanistan were wrong. But the problem is that we are STILL wasting money in those countries AND now will compond the problem with Obama Hellcare.

Obama healthcare may help Dude to get those psycho-tropic drugs he obviously needs so badly.

Hang on, buddy, health help is on the way.

Last edited:

Iraq/Afghanistan were wrong. But the problem is that we are STILL wasting money in those countries AND now will compond the problem with Obama Hellcare.

If you were listening to his speech, he wants to create legislation to stop insurance companies from some of the sleazy things they have been allowed to get away with and have been driving Americans into bankruptcy. People will have money to pay for medical insurance.

Also, he wants the tax breaks given to big insurance and pharmacuticals designed to screw working America, taken away.

The executive pay doled out to CEOs can be brought down to an acceptable level, allowing big insurance to manage their companies better. (Without screwing Americans, which they have been getting away with for years and years.)

You guys just aren't thinking outside the box. Big insurance is squandering their income. Their priorities are all wrong. They need to organize better or be out of business.

Obama healthcare is not government run healthcare and he is on tour telling people about that.

If you were listening to his speech, he wants to create legislation to stop insurance companies from some of the sleazy things they have been allowed to get away with and have been driving Americans into bankruptcy. People will have money to pay for medical insurance.

Pure bullshit demagoguery.

He has begun his RE-election campaign.

What "sleazy" things?

Also, he wants the tax breaks given to big insurance and pharmacuticals designed to screw working America, taken away.

Again, more demagoguery designed to impress the parasites

Obama healthcare is not government run healthcare and he is on tour telling people about that.

Really?

Is he planning to resign his presidency?

The zombified never cease to amaze me.

Contumacious, there is no more debate. The whining of the right is merely static. The legislative process will now play out in an overwhelming victory for the good gals and guys. And you will help pay for it. Good for you.

Contumacious, there is no more debate. The whining of the right is merely static. The legislative process will now play out in an overwhelming victory for the good gals and guys. And you will help pay for it. Good for you.

I agree that the parasites will eventually prevail - in any given society the parasitic element will ALWAYS outnumber the producers.

You're one of the last people I expected that juvenile "but they did it tooooo" crap to come from.

And you know that I'm not a republican.

What "sleazy" things?

Really?

And the blind, deaf and dumb never cease to amaze me. You didn't respond to one point he was making except the U LIE bullshit we heard from the Republicans the other night.

Lame.

What "sleazy" things?

Really?

And the blind, deaf and dumb never cease to amaze me. You didn't respond to one point he was making except the U LIE bullshit we heard from the Republicans the other night.

Lame.

Oh, fine...kill the messenger

Blame me because because as an automaton you can only parrot cliches.

Quit stonewalling and identify the "sleazy things "insurance companies have been allowed to get away with.

You're one of the last people I expected that juvenile "but they did it tooooo" crap to come from.

And you know that I'm not a republican.

So now you agree that spending billions in Iraq is ok, how is that not a Republican pov? I want them to get our country moving again and we can't do that if we allow wingnuts to obstruct at every turn. They don't get to do that.

If anyone is being juvenile it's Cantor and friends.

What "sleazy" things?

Really?

Lame.

Quit stonewalling and identify the "sleazy things "insurance companies have been allowed to get away with.

You didn't listen to the speech at all, did you.

Lame.

Forum List

Back