I lost 70 pounds since the last time I checked, and I have no idea how it happened

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
A few years ago I weighed myself and the scale said I weighed 259 pounds. So I told the DMV I weigh 250 pounds and that's what it says on my driver's license.

Yesterday, I weighed myself and I weighed 190 pounds.

I have also noticed that my belt and some of my pants are too big for me.

How did I do it?

I have no idea.

I didn't exercise, and I never went on some diet that requried me to count the calories.

The only thing that could cause this is that I ate less food.

Thanks to the medication I am taking, I have a hard time working up the appetite for a meal. It is a burden, not aa joy, to eat. My wife doesn't like how much food I waste and demands I eat everything on the plate. But I never finish and give the rest to the dog.

I drink Coke every day and lots of coffee with cream and sugar.

I eat whatever I want whenever I want, but I've lost 70 pounds any way.

So the only advice I can give is that weight loss can only be accomplished by eating less food. No diet gimmicks ore exercise will matter if you still eat a lot of food.

I have a friend who is 300 pounds and I saw eat a giant meal when it was only few hours until dinner, at which time he would eat another giant meal.

I always wondered why I am overweight because I have never eaten like that.

But I feel a sick sensation rather than hunger when I think of food.

Anyway, feel free to attack me. Tell me what you think about this, whether you agree or disagree.

Boiling it down, you don't need to count calories or keep track of carbohydrates, or fat

All you need to do is eat less food. Maybe this worked better for me because I was very obese. I am still obese even with a 70 pound loss. But I keep my habit of not eating a lot of food, I might go to a normal weight. But it will take time and patience, which are things people don't have when they try to lose weight in some "quicky" plan.

Well, it looks like this part of the forum is a dead-end.

A few years ago I weighed myself and the scale said I weighed 259 pounds. So I told the DMV I weigh 250 pounds and that's what it says on my driver's license.

How did I do it?

I have no idea.

I didn't exercise, and I never went on some diet that requried me to count the calories.

Thanks to the medication I am taking, I have a hard time working up the appetite for a meal. It is a burden, not aa joy, to eat. My wife doesn't like how much food I waste and demands I eat everything on the plate. But I never finish and give the rest to the dog.

So the only advice I can give is that weight loss can only be accomplished by eating less food. No diet gimmicks ore exercise will matter if you still eat a lot of food.

I have a friend who is 300 pounds and I saw eat a giant meal when it was only few hours until dinner, at which time he would eat another giant meal.

Anyway, feel free to attack me. Tell me what you think about this, whether you agree or disagree.
Maybe you got AIDS.

Or your legs got run over by a train.

How did I do it?

I have no idea.

Reducing your food intake will cause you to lose weight. You are correct.
Not much more to say!

The healthiest way to lose weight is "normal" food portions; (don't over-eat) and exercise.
You can lose weight FASTER by eating very minimal amounts of food.

Is someone suggesting that being fat can be eliminated just by dietary means?
Shocking!
We seem to be led to believe it is God's will.

Weight loss can be a sign of a serious problem.

YOur seem to have occurred over a period of years, so that is to the good.

You might have just adjusted your behavior without consciously realizing it.

Or you might have a medical issue.

You should discuss this with a doctor just to be sure, if you have not already.

If one takes out just a few things from the daily consumption you will reduce. Some medicines make one lose weight. A relative was losing weight and had been on some diabetic medicine. I am gaining because I have to be on a steady dose of steroids.

How did I do it?

I have no idea.

If you are eating fewer calories than you are burning, then you will lose weight. My only concern is that you say you don't feel like eating. I would want to make certain there aren't any other health issues causing this. As for exercise not making a difference, it does. It is the combination of calories taken in against those burned. If you consume more calories than you burn, then you gain weight. If you burn more calories than you consume, then you lose weight. Exercise makes it easier to burn calories.

I lost 17 pounds after I quit smoking. I did it all through exercise. Granted, I didn't need to lose a lot, but I had been adding on about 5 pounds every six months. I quit smoking and started working out. Between quitting smoking and working out, my appetite increased quite a bit, but I still dropped the weight until I hit my current weight. Now I consume between 3000 to 4000 calories per day. I will start gaining weight if I take a break from working out. My normal workouts include running 15 to 25 miles per week or some equivalent aerobic exercise and two to three days per week of lifting weights. I still have a couple of extra inches in my gut that I can't seem to get rid of but that is because I like eating too much. I'm sure I could get that six pack again if I cut my calories a little bit.

How did I do it?

I have no idea.

Reducing your food intake will cause you to lose weight. You are correct.
Not much more to say!

The healthiest way to lose weight is "normal" food portions; (don't over-eat) and exercise.
You can lose weight FASTER by eating very minimal amounts of food.
I lose it faster by sweating, from working...

Forum List

Back