I know this sounds dumb...But which is more: 1,000,000 barrels or 700 barrels?

it should be really obvious ... regardless of how many barrels move through the pipeline, that SHIT belongs to Canada not the US.

Whether it is 1 million, or 700 how will it help us anyway? Virtually all of it is going to the Gulf coast, through a refinery that doesn't need any more workers, and then directly on a ship to be sent to another country. We have the liability of potential leaks, but only the oil companies will get the profit. What's in it for us?

Your claim that virtually all of it getting loaded on ships for export is simply not true. Some of it will be refined into usable petroleum products for export to points south such as Crapazeula. But certainly not all of it.

Yes, some will be refined, but sense the Gulf coast refineries are all what is known as "free trade zones",the profit from that refining will be tax free.

Whether it is 1 million, or 700 how will it help us anyway? Virtually all of it is going to the Gulf coast, through a refinery that doesn't need any more workers, and then directly on a ship to be sent to another country. We have the liability of potential leaks, but only the oil companies will get the profit. What's in it for us?

Your claim that virtually all of it getting loaded on ships for export is simply not true. Some of it will be refined into usable petroleum products for export to points south such as Crapazeula. But certainly not all of it.

Yes, some will be refined, but sense the Gulf coast refineries are all what is known as "free trade zones",the profit from that refining will be tax free.

I doubt it. To be honest with you. The tax thing. Actually substantial amounts ( the oil ) will be refined. Crapazuelisn tar sands oil can be had for a lot cheaper than Canadian tar sands oil. So that will act kinda like a plug in the raw oil pipeline so to speak thereby stopping the Canadian oil from flowing beyond our gulf coast. By the way, I'm opposed to the export of raw oil. Including Canadian oil. Repubs recently changed the law put in place so many years ago to prevent that from happening.

I doubt it. To be honest with you. The tax thing. Actually substantial amounts ( the oil ) will be refined. Crapazuelisn tar sands oil can be had for a lot cheaper than Canadian tar sands oil. So that will act kinda like a plug in the raw oil pipeline so to speak thereby stopping the Canadian oil from flowing beyond our gulf coast. By the way, I'm opposed to the export of raw oil. Including Canadian oil. Repubs recently changed the law put in place so many years ago to prevent that from happening.

A free-trade zone (FTZ) is a specific class of special economic zone. It is a geographic area where goods may be landed, stored, handled, manufactured, or reconfigured, and re-exported under specific customs regulation and generally not subject to customs duty. Free trade zones are generally organized around major seaports, international airports, and national frontiers—areas with many geographic advantages for trade.[1]

A free-trade zone (FTZ) is a specific class of special economic zone. It is a geographic area where goods may be landed, stored, handled, manufactured, or reconfigured, and re-exported under specific customs regulation and generally not subject to customs duty. Free trade zones are generally organized around major seaports, international airports, and national frontiers—areas with many geographic advantages for trade.[1]

exactly why the Saudi's built the largest refinery in the country accessing the Houston ship channel.

exactly why the Saudi's built the largest refinery in the country accessing the Houston ship channel.

Since when did camels start burning gas;)

Pretty obvious wouldn't you think?
But you know I told this to a friend yesterday and she said:
"What do you think I'm stupid? Of course 1 million barrels is more then 700 barrels!"

Get Rexx Taylor on the case. His math is creative enough to come up with a three million vote deficit as "winning by a landslide". Oh and he also thinks January 20 was over 100 days ago.
Non Sequitur. You're the undisputed queen of logical fallacies.

Again... simple statement which is bigger seems to be hard for people to answer!

it should be really obvious ... regardless of how many barrels move through the pipeline, that SHIT belongs to Canada not the US.

So by YOUR logic then any OIL spills on the ocean is Canada's problem right?

Who cares if Canada sends a million barrels or 700 barrels

It is their problem not mine

So it WILL be your problem if this happens again.
Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 5.08.32 PM.png

Since when did camels start burning gas;)

Camels fart profusely, just like smelly goats! :biggrin:

None of the oil from the tar sands will be delivered by tanker to the US. In fact, most of the refined products from that oil will go overseas. So, if there is a major spill, we will be cleaning up the disaster created by the energy corporations for fuel used by other people.

View attachment 113415
What will the timeline be for the Standing Rock Reservation if the oil pipeline ruptures and contaminates the reservoir that the tribe is dependent on for drinking water and irrigation? And if it is really safe for them, why did not they put the pipeline north of Bismark, as it was originally planned?

View attachment 113415
What will the timeline be for the Standing Rock Reservation if the oil pipeline ruptures and contaminates the reservoir that the tribe is dependent on for drinking water and irrigation? And if it is really safe for them, why did not they put the pipeline north of Bismark, as it was originally planned?

You are obviously unaware that are ALREADY 8 OTHER PIPELINES CROSS UNDER THE LAKE!
Dakota Access Pipeline Facts
Also small detail but it is Bismarck, ND not sloppy "Bismark". People live in the area are offended with that misspelling.

Screen Shot 2017-02-21 at 6.25.53 AM.png

I did a limited google search on "has there ever been leaks in pipelines under Lake Oahe" and there were none.
Please find any data regarding any of the 8 existing pipelines under Lake Oahe having leaks.

There are more than 2.5 million miles of pipelines across the U.S. and 18,000 places where they cross under rivers, streams and lakes.

According to a ProPublica report, since 1986 pipeline accidents have killed more than 500 people, injured over 4,000, and cost nearly seven billion dollars in property damages.

FOULING THE YELLOWSTONE
Montana’s Yellowstone River has been fouled by two pipeline breaks in four years.

In 2011, the Exxon Silvertip Pipeline spilled 63,000 gallons of oil into the Yellowstone River two and a half hours outside of Yellowstone National Park.
The most recent was in January 2015, when the Poplar oil pipeline spilled 40,000 gallons of oil into the Yellowstone River in eastern Montana, contaminating water supplies for local residents and harming valuable fish and wildlife habitat.

In July 2011, Exxon’s Silvertip Pipeline dumped 63,000 gallons of oil into the river near Laurel, Montana.

During the abbreviated cleanup of the Poplar spill, a total of 1,200 gallons of oil was allegedly recovered from the river.

At the peak of the cleanup effort, a spokesman for Bridger Pipeline, the company that operates the Poplar Pipeline said that oil was being recovered at the rate of one teaspoon every ten minutes. At that pace, it would have taken 1,753 years to remove all the oil from the river.

Pipeline Failures and our Water Supplies | American Rivers

Now isn't this so encouraging. If there is a spill in that lake on the Standing Rock Reservation, I want to see the upper echelon execs of that company all in jail, as well as the people at the Corp of Engineers that approved it. We have has far too much of major disasters where the perpetrators are let off without any punishment.

Forum List

Back