I know it won't make a difference to the radicalized people....

But sometimes it has to simplified for some people to understand the argument.

View attachment 45796
The president of the United States makes approximately $400,000 a year plus many other perks and benefits. A surgeon averages $250,000 a year saving lives and relieving pain and suffering. The president of the United States causes and allows social and economic pain and suffering. A stripper can make $500.00 a night or more showing her ass and swinging on a pole. A lawyer can make $Millions a year helping the wealthy, the powerful, the influential, and celebrities beat criminal charges. A preacher can make $Millions selling religion. A used car salesman can make $80,000 a year selling junk cars.

So, your point is? If everything fair? Are wages fair across the board? Are some worth more than they're paid? Are some paid way more than they're worth? Is a U.S. Congressperson worth what taxpayers are paying them? Considering the perks and benefits that a member of Congress gets, are they worth it? Are some people in this country over-paid? Are some people in this country under-paid? Is life fair? Is there an absolute value for everything and everyone? Is a meal really worth $80.00 just because it's served in an elite neighborhood, and in a fancy building? Is a cup of coffee at Starbucks really worth $8.00?

Think about it.

The point is, you are not "owed" by anyone. flipping burgers DESERVES less money - I don't care if the industry demands it or not. If the business determines they WANT to pay more to a fast food employee, fine, but the Gov't should not mandate a minimum wage of $15 per hour. That is the Government making decisions for businesses and is a very leftwing/liberal agenda.

LESS GOVERNMENT INVOLVEMENT PLEASE!

True. But the bare minimum must at least be enough to get started.
Minimum wage when I was a young whippersnapper 35 years ago was $4.10 and hour. Now, look at the rate of inflation between 1980 and now and tell me where, relative to inflation, minimum wage should be? I am talking about a minimum wage that simply keeps up with inflation over 30 years.

Again, it's about stretching a dollar. I know people that live well on less than $75,000 combined income 1 hour outside of DC. It's doable, but, we are spoiled and luxuries in live are considered necessities and they are not.

View attachment 45796
The president of the United States makes approximately $400,000 a year plus many other perks and benefits. A surgeon averages $250,000 a year saving lives and relieving pain and suffering. The president of the United States causes and allows social and economic pain and suffering. A stripper can make $500.00 a night or more showing her ass and swinging on a pole. A lawyer can make $Millions a year helping the wealthy, the powerful, the influential, and celebrities beat criminal charges. A preacher can make $Millions selling religion. A used car salesman can make $80,000 a year selling junk cars.

So, your point is? If everything fair? Are wages fair across the board? Are some worth more than they're paid? Are some paid way more than they're worth? Is a U.S. Congressperson worth what taxpayers are paying them? Considering the perks and benefits that a member of Congress gets, are they worth it? Are some people in this country over-paid? Are some people in this country under-paid? Is life fair? Is there an absolute value for everything and everyone? Is a meal really worth $80.00 just because it's served in an elite neighborhood, and in a fancy building? Is a cup of coffee at Starbucks really worth $8.00?

Think about it.

The point is, you are not "owed" by anyone. flipping burgers DESERVES less money - I don't care if the industry demands it or not. If the business determines they WANT to pay more to a fast food employee, fine, but the Gov't should not mandate a minimum wage of $15 per hour. That is the Government making decisions for businesses and is a very leftwing/liberal agenda.

Minimum wage when I was a young whippersnapper 35 years ago was $4.10 and hour. Now, look at the rate of inflation between 1980 and now and tell me where, relative to inflation, minimum wage should be? I am talking about a minimum wage that simply keeps up with inflation over 30 years.

Again, it's about stretching a dollar. I know people that live well on less than $75,000 combined income 1 hour outside of DC. It's doable, but, we are spoiled and luxuries in live are considered necessities and they are not.
That's $18 an hour.

The guy on the left, is underpaid, and the folks on the right make junk food that fat-assed Americans need like a fucking hole in the head but if a business can't survive by paying a living wage then we don't fucking need it.

Oh, they'll survive just fine......

mcdts.jpg

View attachment 45796

Think about it.

That's $18 an hour.

that's owning a home, 2 vehicles, cell phones, internet and cable TV
you can rent a room, have vehicle, have a cheap pay as you go cell phone, no internet and no cable Tv and make is on much less... I'm talking living with LUXURIES at $75,000 for 2 people combined.

Think about it.

That's $18 an hour.

you can rent a room, have vehicle, have a cheap pay as you go cell phone, no internet and no cable Tv and make is on much less... I'm talking living with LUXURIES at $75,000 for 2 people combined.
I bet they have health insurance, too.

I've heard it said that the test of a society is how it treats its most vulnerable people. Seems a lot of people here would find that too human a concept.

That's $18 an hour.

We are owed nothing.
That's the whole problem with this Country. Handouts.

I've heard it said that the test of a society is how it treats its most vulnerable people. Seems a lot of people here would find that too human a concept.
Our most vulnerable people are children and young, abused women.

We kill them both.

Who do you consider vulnerable? What's your criteria?
When do you draw the line between vulnerable and user....?

View attachment 45796

Think about it.

Who allowed the government to do it? Who is responsible for the government we have seated in Washington? Who gave government Carte Blanche to do as they damn well please? Why bitch about government and blame them when they're only doing what they've been allowed to do? It's a cop-out to continue to blame government for everything, when the stupid damn voters are the ones that placed the damn anti-America crooks in office. When do you think it'll be, when voters start accepting responsibility for what happens in this once great nation? Why don't voters every blame themselves? Are voters living in a state of denial? Think about it.

Fine. Don't defend a $15 minimum wage.

The guy on the left, is underpaid, and the folks on the right make junk food that fat-assed Americans need like a fucking hole in the head but if a business can't survive by paying a living wage then we don't fucking need it.
Get rid of the fast food industry? Cool. How can we go about doing this?

Eat at Burger King for four straight days .... the industry will die a natural death.

Here and within the far right wing of the Republican party. They complain and point fingers until they're blue in the face but refuse to offer any real solutions to problems.

Here and within the far right wing of the Republican party. They complain and point fingers until they're blue in the face but refuse to offer any real solutions to problems.

everyone does that...... because no one wants to actually work........

That's $18 an hour.

We are owed nothing.
That's the whole problem with this Country. Handouts.
NOT true. You're owed fair, equal, and just representation if you're an American citizen and pay taxes. FYI - Social Security is NOT a handout. As a matter of fact, everything is paid for with tax dollars. Those tax dollars are collected from citizens. It's the same as the roads you drive on, the national security you expect, and the services of the fire department. So, what are handouts?

Who do you consider vulnerable?
Those in full time work not earning a living wage who must be subsidised by the taxpayer.

So it's either screw the people making money or screw the business, and let the slackers continue to slack?
I don't think so....

No one is talking about slackers. The most vocal people in the debate are those working multiple jobs just to make ends meet. Everyone deserves a roof over their head, food in their stomach, and the chance to better themselves and their situation, period.

Who do you consider vulnerable?
Those in full time work not earning a living wage who must be subsidised by the taxpayer.

So it's either screw the people making money or screw the business, and let the slackers continue to slack?
I don't think so....

No one is talking about slackers. The most vocal people in the debate are those working multiple jobs just to make ends meet. Everyone deserves a roof over their head, food in their stomach, and the chance to better themselves and their situation, period.
They do that by bettering themselves. Not by forcing people to pay them more money for doing unskilled work badly.

Forum List

Back