I know it won't make a difference to the radicalized people....

Darkwind

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2009
But sometimes it has to simplified for some people to understand the argument.

minWage.jpg

The guy on the left, is underpaid, and the folks on the right make junk food that fat-assed Americans need like a fucking hole in the head but if a business can't survive by paying a living wage then we don't fucking need it.

Are those burger flippers going to work twice as hard, work more diligently and give $15 worth of service? Are they going to be as attentive as the workers at Outback, Olive Garden or Ruths Chris?

Not all jobs deserve a "living wage". Entry-level jobs that don't require a specialized skillset and are not intended to be a career certainly do not.

While it feels good and compassionate to say we should continually raise the minimum wage understanding how markets work and the affects such government intervention would have isn't an emotional thing.

Who's to blame and how do we fix it?
It's easy to criticize and finger point. How about solutions or suggestions?

wages should never increase huh hate bot

I'm not sure why I'm responding to you because you have zero idea of how markets work. The debate over the pros and cons of raising the minimum wage has nothing to do with 'hating people'. That's the response of a simpleton who doesn't understand the issue enough to make an actual argument.

I can say we should raise the minimum wage to $30/hr and if you don't agree you hate poor people. Hell of an argument huh?

The guy on the left, is underpaid, and the folks on the right make junk food that fat-assed Americans need like a fucking hole in the head but if a business can't survive by paying a living wage then we don't fucking need it.
Get rid of the fast food industry? Cool. How can we go about doing this?
By Americans growing the fuck up, which means it won't happen but the point is the same; if you can't run your business so that it pays a living wage, don't bother.

View attachment 45796

I was told in another thread that the problem with people's income is that they just don't work hard enough. On one side of this argument are people who think that the working class has been hosed. The other side thinks everything is fine but when they are not fine it is because people are not pulling on their boot straps hard enough.

BTW I am for a higher min wage but it needs to increase gradually. The last thing that labor market needs is a price shock.

By Americans growing the fuck up, which means it won't happen but the point is the same; if you can't run your business so that it pays a living wage, don't bother.

some people know how to stretch a dollar better than others.
we are not all entitled to cable TV and cell phones.

you people hate Americans
How does saying that different jobs that require differing amounts of skill and effort should be paid on a respective level show that some of us "hate Americans"?

wages should never increase huh hate bot
Wages should increase depending on the business market, not be artificially inflated by some politician pandering for votes.

Wages should be based on importance, not economics.... or at a minimum, both.
There is no way someone making hamburgers is entitled to make as much as someone saving lives.
I don't care what numbers you throw at me or what economic BS you toss around.
Everyone knows, at their core, what is proper.

If Americans all grew up, there would be no Democrat Party.

View attachment 45796
EMTs are welcome to march around asking for higher pay.
They really don't have that option, do they??? After all, do you really want them to decide to go on strike while you're having a heart attack???
No, they don't. A lot of times, it's actually illegal for Public Safety personnel to go on strike.

Forum List

Back