I KNEW I picked the Right Dem Primary candidate

Evaluated on the basis of his own lengthy record, Sanders is not as progressive as he makes himself out to be on at least three big issues: guns, criminal justice reform, and — despite the Iraq vote — foreign policy.

Bernie Sanders is not nearly as progressive as you think he is
Leaps and bounds better than Hillary's record. :thup: As to gun-owning rights, I'm a Progressive, as opposed to Democrat, gun-owning veteran.

You can be in favor of gun owner's rights without being a gun nut who wants every one armed all the time.

"How he could appeal to religious voters" --- what a mindless moron question.
they are a large demographic AKA- voters. Better not to alienate people. I have religious friends, a couple at least, who don't try to force their sky pixie on me and we are very good friends. Don't stereotype all thumpers ::eusa_naughty:

I'm criticizing Anderson Cooper for enabling that bullshit. Religion has no place in politics, and it's absolute bullshit to pretend that it does. Therefore he (Cooper) is a moron.

Whatev.... better go read the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution.... God is mentioned specifically. Now, given that, sure, there is the "Establishment Clause" and it is there for good reason.
Not Jehovah not Jesus: they are not mentioned in the documents.. In the DOI, it is deistic: "Laws of Nature and of Nature's God", etc. "God" is not mentioned at all in the COTUS; however, "anno domini" is part of the attestatiob of the document so that it could be legally field.

image.jpeg

A vote for Sanders is a vote to punish our young people.
What is so funny about that Jake? Our young already has to pay 19 trillion and Sanders will add another 14 to 18 Trillion.
What's funny is that you are talking assertions without any supportive evidence. Do you really think Bernie is going to run wild with a GOP congress? The point is that Bernie won't let a GOP congress run wild.

Let's say Sanders get elected...

It would be really weird to see this guy who doesn't give a flip about the Constitution, and whose whole life work was based on working around the Constitution, to be sworn in to follow and respect the Constitution.

A vote for Sanders is a vote to punish our young people.
What is so funny about that Jake? Our young already has to pay 19 trillion and Sanders will add another 14 to 18 Trillion.
What's funny is that you are talking assertions without any supportive evidence. Do you really think Bernie is going to run wild with a GOP congress? The point is that Bernie won't let a GOP congress run wild.

Bernie wants to spend 14 to 18 trillion more on top of what we have already.
Hopefully GOP House won't let that happen.
GOP are not the ones running on spending trillions more.

Let's say Sanders get elected...

It would be really weird to see this guy who doesn't give a flip about the Constitution, and whose whole life work was based on working around the Constitution, to be sworn in to follow and respect the Constitution.
Bernie understands the Constitution and follows it. You are right: he is not a far right wack.

I said months ago, maybe a year or more ago, that Clinton was a bad idea, with all the baggage, especially with the likelihood the GOP would run a week candidate.

I said months ago, maybe a year or more ago, that Clinton was a bad idea, with all the baggage, especially with the likelihood the GOP would run a week candidate.
So true. Trump is weak: vulnerable to the evangelical conservatives and the thinking right, center, and left.

whats funny here is that if bernie doesnt get the nod, dottie will jump on that clinton band wagon so fast you would never think a 300 pounder could move that fast....

He voted to pass the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994, which, among other things, mandated a life sentence for anyone convicted of three drug crimes; expanded the list of death penalty crimes; lowered the age at which a juvenile could be tried as an adult to just 13; and appropriated billions to expand the prison system and hire 100,000 new police officers. That's the biggest blot on Sanders' criminal justice record, but it's not the only one. In 1995, he voted against a measure which would have prohibited police acquisition of tanks and armored vehicles like those he critiqued in Ferguson.

Blacks blame this law for the high incarceration rate of blacks. Sanders is being stained with it because he voted for it.

Just one problem, though.

That was a Democratic sponsored bill, and it was signed in to law by...any guesses? Go ahead.

Hillary's husband.

Sanders should snap that shit right back in her face.

1998, Sanders prioritized gun control over prison reform and voted for mandatory minimum sentences for crimes where the offender carried, brandished, and/or fired a gun. The gun in question doesn't have to be used for the criminal act, so, for example, a nonviolent crime like smoking pot while carrying a legally owned weapon would trigger the mandatory minimum. Now that criminal justice reform is en vogue, Sanders has shifted — but it's an uncomfortable fit.

Guess who else supported this law? Go ahead.

Yeah...

November 13, 1998

Today at the White House, President Clinton will sign two bills, one to honor law enforcement killed in the line of duty by providing college scholarships to their families; and a second to strengthen penalties for violent criminals and drug traffickers who possess, brandish, or discharge a gun when committing a crime.

Enforcing Tougher Punishments. The President will also sign S. 191, a bill that clarifies and strengthens the federal penalties that apply to violent criminals and drug felons who commit crimes while carrying a gun.

A Strong Record Of Law Enforcement And Crime Reduction. Since 1993, President Clinton has made law enforcement and crime fighting a top priority:

Forum List

Back