I just realized why the GOP thinks the last 7.5 years have been a disaster.

Yep. The US gets ripped off more than any other country with education. The union has totally screwed us. I haven't heard of any company moving because the country had socialized medicine. What's your source? The fact is it is ungodly expensive to do business here with more regulations every day.

Here's where you need to get a clue. It's not the unions that are screwing up the education system. It's the class structure built into the education system. Only the children of the wealthy or the middle class are going to get a decent education, because resources aren't allocated equally across the system. Charter schools don't have to accept students with learning or behavioural disabilities. They can cherry pick who they accept, leaving the public school having to stretch it's budget to provide for these children, as well as their regular students.

The charter school is going to have better test scores because they've eliminated anyone who might skew their test results lower. Which will lead those who can afford it to move their kids to the charter school, thereby further starving the public school system. There are also a lot of parents who put their children into charter or Christian schools which are all white and they freely admit they don't want their kids mixing with non-whites.

The USA is one of two NATO countries which spends less on the children of the poor, than they do for the children of the rich. Turkey is the other.
Utter nonsense. You are brainwashed. Much poorer countries do better than ours and you blame the class system? The unions don't protect incompetent teachers? Make it difficult to get rid of them?

LOL!

I live in a country which refuses to allow charter schools for just this reason. Oh, and our kids, who do get the benefit of equal funding across the board, we're #7. Your schools don't even make the top 10. And all of our school boards are unionized. You're #18. With the first world's only income stratified education system.

GOP keeps telling you its the unions, because they have discovered the higher your level of education, the less likely you are to vote Republican. In other words, the smarter you are, the less likely you are to fall for their bullshit. That's why they demonize public schools and called the educated "elitist". They want to destroy public education because it keeps turning out people who won't vote against their own best interests.

Yep. The US gets ripped off more than any other country with education. The union has totally screwed us. I haven't heard of any company moving because the country had socialized medicine. What's your source? The fact is it is ungodly expensive to do business here with more regulations every day.

Here's where you need to get a clue. It's not the unions that are screwing up the education system. It's the class structure built into the education system. Only the children of the wealthy or the middle class are going to get a decent education, because resources aren't allocated equally across the system. Charter schools don't have to accept students with learning or behavioural disabilities. They can cherry pick who they accept, leaving the public school having to stretch it's budget to provide for these children, as well as their regular students.

The charter school is going to have better test scores because they've eliminated anyone who might skew their test results lower. Which will lead those who can afford it to move their kids to the charter school, thereby further starving the public school system. There are also a lot of parents who put their children into charter or Christian schools which are all white and they freely admit they don't want their kids mixing with non-whites.

The USA is one of two NATO countries which spends less on the children of the poor, than they do for the children of the rich. Turkey is the other.
Utter nonsense. You are brainwashed. Much poorer countries do better than ours and you blame the class system? The unions don't protect incompetent teachers? Make it difficult to get rid of them?

LOL!

I live in a country which refuses to allow charter schools for just this reason. Oh, and our kids, who do get the benefit of equal funding across the board, we're #7. Your schools don't even make the top 10. And all of our school boards are unionized. You're #18. With the first world's only income stratified education system.

GOP keeps telling you its the unions, because they have discovered the higher your level of education, the less likely you are to vote Republican. In other words, the smarter you are, the less likely you are to fall for their bullshit. That's why they demonize public schools and called the educated "elitist". They want to destroy public education because it keeps turning out people who won't vote against their own best interests.
Charter schools are the problem? I haven't heard a word from the GOP about teachers unions, I know teachers and spent time working in them, you lying smearing unamerican ass. Why are you hear? You make liberals look worse than most are.

Then you're not paying attention. The GOP have been promoting tax breaks for charter school parents, vouchers for parents to put their children in charter schools, and anything to undermine the public school system, all the while blaming unions and left wing teachers for indoctrinating children into communism.

It's bullshit but the GOP routinely says this shit.

What GOP platform says on education

hqdefault.jpg

images

US unemployment rate falls, but because half-million people stopped looking

"At the same time, the unemployment rate tumbled to 4.7 percent from 5 percent, the Labor Department said Friday, its lowest point since November 2007. The rate fell for a problematic reason: Nearly a half-million jobless Americans stopped looking for work and so were no longer officially counted as unemployed."

www.nhregister.com/general-news/20160603/us-unemployment-rate-falls-but-because-half-million-people-stopped-looking

How many Americans are looking for work?
According to the October jobs report, more than 92 million Americans — 37% of the civilian population aged 16 and over — are neither employed nor unemployed, but fall in the category of “not in the labor force.” That means they aren't working now but haven't looked for work recently enough to be counted as unemployed.
More and more Americans are outside the labor force entirely. W
www.pewresearch.org/.../more-and-more-americans-are-outside-the-labor-force-entirely...

US unemployed have quit looking for jobs at a 'frightening' level: Survey
CNBC‎ - 3 days ago
Nearly half of the unemployed have quit looking for work and the numbers are ... The number of people of all ages whom the government considers "not in the labor force" ...

Nearly half of unemployed Americans have quit looking for work, and the numbers are even worse for the long-term jobless, according to a poll released Wednesday that paints a grim picture of the labor market.

The results come just a few days after a government report showed that the unemployment rate fell to 4.7 percent in May, but the drop came primarily because of a sharp decline in the labor force participation rate. The number of people of all ages whom the government considers "not in the labor force" swelled by 664,000 to a record 94.7 million Americans, according to Labor Department data.

Couch Protestor:
Half a million Americans not looking for work are not counted as unemployed, so much for Hussein Obama straw man fallacy job approval number ratings. The Obama administration has issued more than 7.4 million work permits to foreign nationals from 2009 – 2014, beyond the approximately one million lawful permanent residents and 700,000 foreign guest workers admitted to the U.S. each year.

"The cause of the mixed top-line picture is a shrinking workforce. The labor force participation rate decreased to 62.6%, from 62.8% in April. As a result, in May 7.4 million Americans were unemployed, down from 7.9 million in April. “It seems like in all gains we had seen in the winter months got reversed,” said Satyam Panday, U.S. economist at S&P Global Ratings, in an interview. While it is fairly common to see big swings in participation rates, Panday says this time may be a sign of trouble since employment gains were so weak."

www.forbes.com/sites/samanthasharf/2016/06/03/jobs-report-u-s-adds-just-38000-jobs-in-may-unemployment-rate-down-to-4-7/#485f6c4f16da

obama-isis-contained.gif

blame-game-large.jpg
From Politifact:

Subtracting the nearly 156 million Americans in the labor force in June 2013 -- that is, those who were either working or looking for work -- leaves 87 million Americans, which is close to 90 million.

So it's not 92 million.

However, the 90 million number is padded, since this number includes a lot of Americans who wouldn’t be expected to be working. Specifically:

People age 16 to 17, who likely are in high school: 9 million

People who are enrolled in either two- or four-year colleges: 21 million

People age 65 and older, who have reached retirement age: 40 million people

That means 20 million people are of normal working age, not in college and not working.

Did you get that? 20 million. And how many of those are independently wealthy or disabled? You're number is shrinking nearly as fast as your credibility.

Median household income down 2 grand.....smells like disaster to me

Sounds like the US is heading downwards, and it's a big problem for the US. Not much to do with the president either, but to do with education, to do with the US not trying to carve out its place in the world and having the education to meet those aims, to do with so many people believe so much nonsense (the sort you can see on this board) and then voting for nonsense politicians like Trump.

Sounds like the US is heading downwards, and it's a big problem for the US. Not much to do with the president either, but to do with education, to do with the US not trying to carve out its place in the world and having the education to meet those aims, to do with so many people believe so much nonsense (the sort you can see on this board) and then voting for nonsense politicians like Trump.
As govt grows private sector shrinks........govt has had a very real effect on the economy in its efforts to drive up the cost of energy....which affects everything.........

As govt grows private sector shrinks........govt has had a very real effect on the economy in its efforts to drive up the cost of energy....which affects everything.........

I think you're completely missing the point.

The politics of the US, all the things that are considered "important" are the things that aren't actually so important. The US isn't going downhill because of oil, it's helping, making people become the green eyed monsters, but there's more to it than that.

The politics of the US, all the things that are considered "important" are the things that aren't actually so important. The US isn't going downhill because of oil, it's helping, making people become the green eyed monsters, but there's more to it than that.
I think you want to avoid the point and as far as education please stop.....libs have broken it and as Obama said we dont need people who broke it trying to fix it

I think you want to avoid the point and as far as education please stop.....libs have broken it and as Obama said we dont need people who broke it trying to fix it

So, you don't have anything constructive to say?

As I said, this is also one of the biggest problems, people playing the partisan bullshit game all the time. It's always someone else's fault, and you don't want to fix it, you don't want them to fix, you're happy for things to just get worse.

The nothing to say is all yours''''funny why dont you like Obama quotes shoved in your face........you've done nothing but play the partisan bs game for his term

yearly-change-in-government-workers-yearly-change-in-govt-employees_chartbuilder.png

Ronald Reagan’s first two years of domestic cuts in 1981 and 1982 resulted in reductions of 66,000 federal workers, by the end of his term he reversed course and hired a net 240,000 federal workers. Even Truman finished his term as a net public job creator despite demobilization, with 540,000 more people publicly employed when he left office.

But Obama, five years in, still has a public jobs deficit of 645,000 to make up if he wants to break even as a government job-creator. The problem is that even as federal workers have been downsized, state and local governments haven’t seen enough growth to make up for the recession costs like they did in the 1950s or 1990s, and federal aid to states during the recession has been delivered at levels consistently lower than Obama’s requests.

Obama still has three years to hypothetically make up the difference in public job creation between himself and his two federal employee-cutting predecessors, but just to break even government at all levels will need to hire more than 200,000 workers every year until his term ends, a fairly unlikely proposition. If he doesn’t, Obama will be the first modern president to leave office with fewer people publicly employed.

Barack Obama has shrunk the US federal workforce more than Ronald Reagan

You said: As govt grows private sector shrinks...

Then Obama must be doing it right since the economy has been growing. What's holding us back is the one thing Republicans despise.

America has 5.8 million job openings

America's persistent problem: Not enough skilled workers

Deeper down though, a high number of job openings raises red flags because it means companies aren't finding the right people to fill the jobs. It signals a persistent problem in America's economy: the skills gap.

Vacant jobs can cost companies hundreds of dollars a day in lost profits, research shows, and ultimately the job skills gap hurts America's economic growth.

The skills gap is a weak spot that you can expect the Republican presidential candidates to hammer in their 2016 campaigns.

----------------------------------------

Ridiculous, Republicans don't want Americans to get any kind of education. Seems many stop voting Republican when they do.

You said: I think you want to avoid the point and as far as education please stop.....libs have broken it and as Obama said we dont need people who broke it trying to fix it

See what I mean? The rest of the world thinks American education is the best in the world. Republicans think it's ruined. It's because they want to teach Bible shit as "fact" and since they aren't able, they say education is no good. And that's is exactly why we have this problem:

5.8 Million Job Openings -- Highest Since Crash

Drew Matus, an economist at UBS Securities LLC, wrote on Wednesday. The headline on his analysis was "Has The Well Run Dry?" Even before the latest report, analysts were fretting that Friday's data on weak job growth was a sign that companies couldn't fill openings.

------------------------------

The result of Republicans smearing education. All education suffers with their lies and lack of facts.

You said: I think you want to avoid the point and as far as education please stop.....libs have broken it and as Obama said we dont need people who broke it trying to fix it

See what I mean? The rest of the world thinks American education is the best in the world. Republicans think it's ruined. It's because they want to teach Bible shit as "fact" and since they aren't able, they say education is no good. And that's is exactly why we have this problem:

Drew Matus, an economist at UBS Securities LLC, wrote on Wednesday. The headline on his analysis was "Has The Well Run Dry?" Even before the latest report, analysts were fretting that Friday's data on weak job growth was a sign that companies couldn't fill openings.

The result of Republicans smearing education. All education suffers with their lies and lack of facts.

Who thinks US education is the best in the world?

It has some of the most prestigious universities in the world, that might be because they cost so much. Other countries are worried about educating their populace, the US is interested in making money, and the universities sell themselves heavily with that money.

Republicans think the last seven years have been a disaster because they don't get to call the shots

It has some of the most prestigious universities in the world, that might be because they cost so much. Other countries are worried about educating their populace, the US is interested in making money, and the universities sell themselves heavily with that money.
Don't be a fucking idiot:

Top 200 Universities in the World | 2016 World University Web Rankings

That list is complete nonsense.

Oxford University and Cambridge University are some of the most presitgious in the world, 20th and 25th in the world, behind the University of Somewhere

World Reputation Rankings

The Times has Harvard, MIT, Cambridge and Oxford.

However this uses teaching and research and nothing else.

Berkley gets 5th on the chart, but has teaching at 66.9, not very good then maybe, but Columbia has 19.6 for teaching. Are you telling me that Harvard with 100 has 5 times better teaching than Columbia? How do you even rate teaching?

How do your rate research?

On your list Shanghai JiaoTong university is 64th, yet Chinese universities are awful, and I know this for a fact. Kids study really hard to get into prestigious Chinese universities because it makes them for life. What you do at university in China makes no difference to your life at all.

When I was at university we had inspectors come and visit our university, and one of the subjects I took got hammered hard and last 1/2 its intake from before to after the report that came out. It wasn't that great, however the university itself was very well organized, but with this subject, it's hard to see how they inspire or not from looking over the place in a few days.

The reality is, you're dealing with stuff that isn't quantifiable, but they're making it so with lists and charts, then some universities spend all their efforts achieving these goals, and miss out on other stuff.

That list is complete nonsense.

Oxford University and Cambridge University are some of the most presitgious in the world, 20th and 25th in the world, behind the University of Somewhere

World Reputation Rankings

The Times has Harvard, MIT, Cambridge and Oxford.

However this uses teaching and research and nothing else.

Berkley gets 5th on the chart, but has teaching at 66.9, not very good then maybe, but Columbia has 19.6 for teaching. Are you telling me that Harvard with 100 has 5 times better teaching than Columbia? How do you even rate teaching?

How do your rate research?

On your list Shanghai JiaoTong university is 64th, yet Chinese universities are awful, and I know this for a fact. Kids study really hard to get into prestigious Chinese universities because it makes them for life. What you do at university in China makes no difference to your life at all.

When I was at university we had inspectors come and visit our university, and one of the subjects I took got hammered hard and last 1/2 its intake from before to after the report that came out. It wasn't that great, however the university itself was very well organized, but with this subject, it's hard to see how they inspire or not from looking over the place in a few days.

The reality is, you're dealing with stuff that isn't quantifiable, but they're making it so with lists and charts, then some universities spend all their efforts achieving these goals, and miss out on other stuff.
one of the subjects I took got hammered hard

What was the Title of the subject?

Is Jesus God?

The world really is only thousands of years old?

Did Noah saved the human race?

Do bones in the ground show us what creatures on other worlds looked like?

What was the subject?

GOP policies did not wreck the economy, it was the "Community Reinvestment Act" signed by Bill Clinton requiring banks to give loans to the unqualified.
The Bill repealing Glass-Steagall was also signed by Bill Clinton in 1999
So please tell us what "GOP policies wrecked the economy under Bush".

Trump is pissing off all the right people...
The country is on a very wrong track, the national debt is approaching a crisis level (so says the DOD)
We need someone to start "Grace Commission II" to streamline the Federal Government
We need someone to get jobs insourced instead of outsourced
We need someone to stop huge corporations like Pfizer from moving overseas
We need someone to control our defense spending for other countries
We need someone to stop the flow of drugs across the southern border
We need someone to deport those who are here illegally (it is not breaking up families, they all go)
We need someone to vet immigrants properly before allowing them in
We need someone to fix Obamacare, currently a disaster
We need the wall built using the "foreign aid" budget
I could keep going with China, Korea, NATO, Iraq, Iran, AFG, Russia, etc., but lets just say we need a lot of things fixed.

Hillary is a crook who likes the current track...she's on track to be a billionaire
Hilarious. Bill Clinton had a Republican House and a Republican Senate. And yet he created such a mess that Republicans weren't able to fix in 8 years under Bush when the entire government was held by the GOP. In fact, it was Barney Frank, one old, fat, gay House Jew who seemed to have more power than the entire GOP who had both houses and the presidency.

Then, Republicans are angry that Obama, with a GOP House and Senate, couldn't clean up the mess they said was Bill's fault.

So no matter how much power the GOP had or has, even using reconcilliation three times under Bush, it's always, always someone else's fault. Even thing so blatantly their fault.

The last eight years have been a disaster in two ways. The first has been the economy and the second has been how the media has successfully misinformed the people about the true situation of the economy. Millennials just kind of think that living with mom and dad until 27 is normal or the fact that they have to look for a job for two years before they get employed. It isn't normal and has never been normal in this country. It is a tragedy of ignorance.

The last eight years have been a disaster in two ways. The first has been the economy and the second has been how the media has successfully misinformed the people about the true situation of the economy. Millennials just kind of think that living with mom and dad until 27 is normal or the fact that they have to look for a job for two years before they get employed. It isn't normal and has never been normal in this country. It is a tragedy of ignorance.
Yea, the Dow at historic highs. Unemployment at 4.7%. 5.8 million jobs unfilled because qualified people can't be found.

Instead of Republicans becoming qualified for those 5.8 million jobs, they would rather whine. It's too hard. Why can't we just get lots of money for unskilled labor the way we used to?

Because it no longer works that that way.

Other countries wish they had these problems.

Republicans have drunk their own swill so much, they actually believe it.

Forum List

Back