I Have Never Seen This Much Corruption In Government In My Lifetime, Thanks Democrats

The only thing this President has done different than the last one is to make things much worse. This President has simply taken all of Bush's terrible inventions like Bailouts and Stimulus Packages and made them much much worse. The big winners in all this have been the Corporate Bankers and Wall Street Fat Cats. As always the big losers have been average Main Street Americans. So meet the new Boss,same as the old Boss.

Obama approves 4.3 million bonus for AIG exec. Keep em coming. The sellout of America continues.

The only thing this President has done different than the last one is to make things much worse. This President has simply taken all of Bush's terrible inventions like Bailouts and Stimulus Packages and made them much much worse. The big winners in all this have been the Corporate Bankers and Wall Street Fat Cats. As always the big losers have been average Main Street Americans. So meet the new Boss,same as the old Boss.

Let's have some specifics.

From TARP, to the rip off porkulus bill, to the health care industry porkulus bill, to the 9000 plus earmarks, to the back room bribes, to the complete LACK of transparency, to maintaining or exceeding the Bush failures, to GM walking away from their environmental obligations in bankruptcy. I know I've left a ton out. Are we out of Iraq and Afghanistan yet? How's the war for oil going?

This is awesome. I know how this movie ends:

"With all of these folks paying the cost, both failed Republicans and Democrats, and America getting her government back from them."

I think we take the Kennedy compound by eminent domain, remove all government pensions and they all go on Social Security, and we move all politicians to Detroit, Harlem, or Watts.

Government reform for a CHANGE!

:clap2:

Never in your "lifetime"?? You must be just a young-un, then.

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Republican_'culture_of_corruption'

Yea!

Freak'n Liberals

Ain't they funny? I think it should be a requirement of this board to post birth certificates. (Now, with that comment, watch as this thread gets derailed. :lol: which will say volumes about the breadth of knowledge we see lacking on a regular basis.)

When you get right down to it, despite there being sincere concerns about the legislation just passed, what really is chafing a lot of cons on here (and elsewhere) is that this thing is getting done at all. Especially considering all the gloating they were doing earlier about the problems Dems were having getting it passed.

I'm guessing a lot of them were hoping for a repeat of '94 and hoping Obama's Waterloo would help in that.

Apology accept RW. Glad to see you back with the human race, and supporting the American people again. I was worried you might have been a gonner.

Don't worry, all of this massive corruption by Democrats will be undone some day, and they will face retribution.

I sure hope that any Democrat who has broken the law faces retribution

I also hope that any Republicans who may have been involved in Torture faces retribution also

See...I'm Fair!

This should be hilarious when the sailor catches on.

How can the Republicans spend away the future of the United States and have nothing to show for it. At least we are getting "interest" back from "TARP".

The interest shown in the Iraqi 100 dollar giveaway, barely registers a yawn.

Plus we rebuilt their refineries and pipelines and still have to pay for their oil shipped to us.

How can the Republicans spend away the future of the United States and have nothing to show for it. At least we are getting "interest" back from "TARP".

The interest shown in the Iraqi 100 dollar giveaway, barely registers a yawn.

Plus we rebuilt their refineries and pipelines and still have to pay for their oil shipped to us.

Their? What, you don't live here, Maggie?

When you get right down to it, despite there being sincere concerns about the legislation just passed, what really is chafing a lot of cons on here (and elsewhere) is that this thing is getting done at all. Especially considering all the gloating they were doing earlier about the problems Dems were having getting it passed.

I'm guessing a lot of them were hoping for a repeat of '94 and hoping Obama's Waterloo would help in that.

It took some very expensive bribes to pass this great bill.
From now on democrats just need to be holdouts until the bribes start coming in. The die has been cast, what a racket.

Last edited:
From TARP, to the rip off porkulus bill, to the health care industry porkulus bill, to the 9000 plus earmarks, to the back room bribes, to the complete LACK of transparency, to maintaining or exceeding the Bush failures, to GM walking away from their environmental obligations in bankruptcy. I know I've left a ton out. Are we out of Iraq and Afghanistan yet? How's the war for oil going?

This is awesome. I know how this movie ends:

"With all of these folks paying the cost, both failed Republicans and Democrats, and America getting her government back from them."

I think we take the Kennedy compound by eminent domain, remove all government pensions and they all go on Social Security, and we move all politicians to Detroit, Harlem, or Watts.

Government reform for a CHANGE!

:clap2:

Perhaps we are seeing more corruption because it is all part of the "transparency" that was promised?

That's actually quite true. An example would be the promise to post proposed bills online for public view so we would be privy to what was being debated behind closed doors and on the respective chamber floors. That's why the health care reform bill is so gargantuan. It is read, re-read, drafted and re-drafted to make sure all t's are crossed and i's are dotted, cross-referenced to the nth degree, and language added where there could be the slightest conflict among clauses. But hey, we demanded transparency, so now we have it.

Any slip of the tongue, any off-the-record comment suddenly makes its way to the Internet and then takes off like a virus. This is the first time in history that the American people have had so much information at their fingertips that, frankly, most don't know what to do with, so they see conspiracy and corruption in everything as an expression of frustration.

Perhaps we are seeing more corruption because it is all part of the "transparency" that was promised?

Transparency means "available" not "spoon-fed". If you want to know, you have to go look. Although, it is much more entertaining to whine. Except, it's NOT a fine whine.

Actually, here is what it means. Open Meetings, Sunshine Laws, and Transparency in Government
What is the definition of transparency?

Of course, transparency means that something can be seen through. When we talk about transparency in government, we mean that citizens must be able to "see through" its workings, to know exactly what goes on when public officials transact public business. Government that is not transparent is more prone to corruption and undue influence because there is no public oversight of decision making.

I really like that website and have checked it out many times. But I think that explanation is misleading at best. It implies, by the use of the words "see through" that something ominous lies beneath. Webster's second definition is more accurate:

Main Entry: trans·par·ent

1 a (1) : having the property of transmitting light without appreciable scattering so that bodies lying beyond are seen clearly : pellucid (2) : allowing the passage of a specified form of radiation (as X-rays or ultraviolet light) b : fine or sheer enough to be seen through : diaphanous
2 a : free from pretense or deceit : frank b : easily detected or seen through : obvious c : readily understood d : characterized by visibility or accessibility of information especially concerning business practices

I Have Never Seen This Much Corruption In Government In My Lifetime

How does a one year old use a computer?

Huggy my man? It is a RARE event that I agree with you? But here *I* do.

This has been going on longer than MANY of us have been expending our carbon credits...

So you're agreeing with what HUGGY said, but you're thanking Meister for saying this:

It took some very expensive bribes to pass this great bill.
From now on democrats just need to be holdouts until the bribes start coming in. The die has been cast, what a racket.

Did you also sleep through the passing of the Medicare Part D bill?

I see....
I don't have a clue on what that had to do with my post, but this is what we get from you at your best, booboo. This is why I really don't pay much attention to what you post, it's the same ol' same ol'
Sorry for my lack of interest

How much did the last administration give to N. Korea, Russia, Iraq, Pakistan?

And for what?

Why would Obama give $100 billion away? Just give it away? Nothing in return? Billions will just go missing?

So what? Will you want to impeach Obama if this happens? Will you vote against him? Why? You didn't vote against Bush and all that shit really happened with him as Commander.

Now you are just paranoid that Obama is going to do the same.

And maybe regardless of who's president, the USA will give other countries money for their support. So they go along with our program. Maybe thats how things work.

You guys bore me too. That's why I took 5 months off.

And just how many TIMES were we PROMISED by Obama that these kind of tactics would not happen with him in the Oval office? I think about a million times---:lol::lol: He made that statement at every single campaign stop.

Another PROMISE broken by your messiah.

View attachment 9057

I believe everyone who gets elected wants to see this kind of historic wheeling and dealing end once and for all, but how does one man (that's any POTUS, not just Obama and not just Bush) go up against an army of lobbyists and a bunch of legislators who grandstand one day about corruption and then don't even blink when they join that same club the next day? How does a PRESIDENT handle that? Does he have the power to dismiss the entire congress by Executive Order? I don't think so. He can fire his own cabinet, but that's the extent of his power.

The crux of this thread is important, and I think it's a GOOD thing that more people are aware that what is found in our history books regarding how our government "works" is often (too often) a far cry from what really goes on. So I don't object to the premises expressed here, only that some people seem to think this is something "new" that Obama (and his "corruptees" :lol:) thought up all by themselves. And THAT is ignorant. He has no more control over what individual congresspeople do than I would.

i guess yall just missed the corruption in the bush years.....still slinging partisan malshit and hoping it sticks

what does it take for you to open up your eye's? Rogue government passing unrepeal able legislation, wake the fuck up! Government is not god! Your partisan bullshit will be the end of the republic. Mind dead kool-aid drinking bot! How many ways does liberty have to be screwed and fucked over ans gang raped for it to effect you??? Fascist totalitarian puke!!!

meltdown alert!!​

Forum List

Back