Rand Paul takes significant lead over establishment opponent

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
If there was any doubt Rand Paul is a serious candidate for the Republican Senate nomination in Kentucky it can be cast away. Our first poll of the race finds him leading Trey Grayson 44-25.

Paul is, as the conventional wisdom suggests, drawing his strongest support from Republicans who are unhappy with their party. He has a 54-22 lead over Grayson with voters who are unhappy with the GOP in Congress and a 54-18 advantage with folks who think the party's grown too liberal.

Public Policy Polling: Paul leads big

And according to the Wall Street Journal PPP was the second most accurate poller during the 2008 election.

Wall+Street+Chart.jpg

WTG Rand!! Obviously he is the superior candidate. Good to see Republicans finally standing up and doing the right thing. Go get em Rand!

sweet. need more real conservatives in office. get the liberal gop out

I do not want to be responsible for removing another DR from his practice.
Between lawsuits and politics we are losing too many DR's.

I do not want to be responsible for removing another DR from his practice.
Between lawsuits and politics we are losing too many DR's.

You're not responsible for another person's personal choice to run for office.

I will likely vote for Grayson. I voted for him once before.
We'd expect no less from such an unabashed establishmentarian hack.

I find it interesting that a self-professed "left leaner" would vote for the republican candidate.

Although, assuming the primary in KY is closed, I doubt uscitizen has the ability to vote in the Republican primary.

What's MORE interesting is that considering Paul is leading the dem candidate as well, he's obviously VERY electable in the general.

Normally the establishment would love such a thing, but let's wait for the obvious 11th hour sabotage that is almost assured.

The establishment would easily cut its own throat and lose a general if it meant keeping out REAL conservatives like Paul.

We'll wait and see. I'll bet my membership on this board that I'm right.

Forum List

Back