I Have Never Seen This Much Corruption In Government In My Lifetime, Thanks Democrats

Go easy on torture accusations and retribution RW, some might say you and your ilk are complete torture as well.

;)

From TARP, to the rip off porkulus bill, to the health care industry porkulus bill, to the 9000 plus earmarks, to the back room bribes, to the complete LACK of transparency, to maintaining or exceeding the Bush failures, to GM walking away from their environmental obligations in bankruptcy. I know I've left a ton out. Are we out of Iraq and Afghanistan yet? How's the war for oil going?

This is awesome. I know how this movie ends:

"With all of these folks paying the cost, both failed Republicans and Democrats, and America getting her government back from them."

I think we take the Kennedy compound by eminent domain, remove all government pensions and they all go on Social Security, and we move all politicians to Detroit, Harlem, or Watts.

Government reform for a CHANGE!

:clap2:

You must have missed this one:

How the US sent $12bn in cash to Iraq. And watched it vanish | World news | The Guardian

dollarsariveiraq372ready.jpg

The US flew nearly $12bn in shrink-wrapped $100 bills into Iraq, then distributed the cash with no proper control over who was receiving it and how it was being spent.
The staggering scale of the biggest transfer of cash in the history of the Federal Reserve has been graphically laid bare by a US congressional committee.

In the year after the invasion of Iraq in 2003 nearly 281 million notes, weighing 363 tonnes, were sent from New York to Baghdad for disbursement to Iraqi ministries and US contractors. Using C-130 planes, the deliveries took place once or twice a month with the biggest of $2,401,600,000 on June 22 2004, six days before the handover.

Details of the shipments have emerged in a memorandum prepared for the meeting of the House committee on oversight and government reform which is examining Iraqi reconstruction. Its chairman, Henry Waxman, a fierce critic of the war, said the way the cash had been handled was mind-boggling. "The numbers are so large that it doesn't seem possible that they're true. Who in their right mind would send 363 tonnes of cash into a war zone?"

------------------

Yea, who in their right mind would send 363 tonnes of cash into a war zone? Republicans. Who else?

As far as "corruption" in this current healthcare bill, the OP appaently either has selective memory or just wasn't paying attention about 5 1/2 years ago:

The Washington Monthly - THE PRICE OF DOING BUSINESS

Exerpt:

For anybody who's spent more than three weeks inside the Beltway, the allegations of legislative arm-twisting certainly sound naive, since that's how the D.C. game has been played for going on two centuries now. But nonetheless, conservatives insist Democrats have stooped to some kind of historic low.

But I can't help wondering what Nick Smith thinks about those claims. Because back in late 2003, when was serving as a Republican member of Congress from Michigan, Smith opposed the Bush White House's attempt to revamp Medicare when the issue came up for a vote in November. Republican leaders quickly realized that night that they didn't have the votes and started leaning on their own members.

At the time, House GOP leaders literally promised to deliver $100,000 in campaign contributions to Smith in exchange for his vote. The attempted bribery of lawmakers on the House floor was so obscene, it prompted yet another Ethics Committee investigation into Tom DeLay's antics.

How can the Republicans spend away the future of the United States and have nothing to show for it. At least we are getting "interest" back from "TARP".

The interest shown in the Iraqi 100 dollar giveaway, barely registers a yawn.

This thread and its title reminds me of that LIAR McCain...

"Never in my 20 years...."

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
hysterical.gif
hysterical.gif
hysterical.gif
hysterical.gif
hysterical.gif
hysterical.gif
hysterical.gif
hysterical.gif

Classic!

From TARP, to the rip off porkulus bill, to the health care industry porkulus bill, to the 9000 plus earmarks, to the back room bribes, to the complete LACK of transparency, to maintaining or exceeding the Bush failures, to GM walking away from their environmental obligations in bankruptcy. I know I've left a ton out. Are we out of Iraq and Afghanistan yet? How's the war for oil going?

"With all of these folks paying the cost, both failed Republicans and Democrats, and America getting her government back from them."

I think we take the Kennedy compound by eminent domain, remove all government pensions and they all go on Social Security, and we move all politicians to Detroit, Harlem, or Watts.

How much did the war in iraq cost us? In money and lives, how much?

No one really knows. Republicans and Bush never included the cost of either war in any of their budgets. What were they thinking? That America would never figure out how you could cut taxes on the richest Americans and wage two wars all at the same time?

We'll soon be a Third World Country so why shouldn't our politicians act like Third World Politicians?

Actually, the entire world missed it. Please, do tell about the corruption of the Bush years.

And when you get done, it will be a toe nail clipping compared to what we have seen in the last year back to TARP.

Man, you have to admit, these Democrats are stubborn for being deaf, dumb, and blind.

Er, Bush started TARP....
Shhh....don't tell dat to Papeye Da Sailah dere.

:eusa_shhh: :cuckoo:

No one really knows. Republicans and Bush never included the cost of either war in any of their budgets. What were they thinking? That America would never figure out how you could cut taxes on the richest Americans and wage two wars all at the same time?

Exactly.

How the US sent $12bn in cash to Iraq. And watched it vanish | World news | The Guardian

The US flew nearly $12bn in shrink-wrapped $100 bills into Iraq, then distributed the cash with no proper control over who was receiving it and how it was being spent.
The staggering scale of the biggest transfer of cash in the history of the Federal Reserve has been graphically laid bare by a US congressional committee.

In the year after the invasion of Iraq in 2003 nearly 281 million notes, weighing 363 tonnes, were sent from New York to Baghdad for disbursement to Iraqi ministries and US contractors. Using C-130 planes, the deliveries took place once or twice a month with the biggest of $2,401,600,000 on June 22 2004, six days before the handover.

Details of the shipments have emerged in a memorandum prepared for the meeting of the House committee on oversight and government reform which is examining Iraqi reconstruction. Its chairman, Henry Waxman, a fierce critic of the war, said the way the cash had been handled was mind-boggling. "The numbers are so large that it doesn't seem possible that they're true. Who in their right mind would send 363 tonnes of cash into a war zone?"

------------------

Yea, who in their right mind would send 363 tonnes of cash into a war zone? Republicans. Who else?

Can passing out crates of shrink-wrapped $100 bills even be considered corruption? Maybe it was a "gift"?

------------------

Can passing out crates of shrink-wrapped $100 bills even be considered corruption? Maybe it was a "gift"?
I eagerly await a con trying to defend that corruption.

Then there was Reagan's arms for hostages.

Where Reagan personally benefitted, right? Tool.

What about Clinton's Chinese fundraisers? What about Hillary's cattle future profits? Whitewater? Etc etc etc, the Clintons set the stage for the greatest kleptocracy we have seen. Now the Obamites are upping the ante, klepping power as well.

Where Reagan personally benefitted, right? Tool.

What about Clinton's Chinese fundraisers? What about Hillary's cattle future profits? Whitewater? Etc etc etc, the Clintons set the stage for the greatest kleptocracy we have seen. Now the Obamites are upping the ante, klepping power as well.

You guys "DON'T RECALL" seeing this much corruption in government?

Then you were born this year. Or weren't following politics the last 8 years.

We tend to do that. When our party is in charge, we don't pay attention to the day to day's like we do when our opponents are in charge.

Like I watched GW's administration like a hawk. Trust me, they were more corrupt than this one.

The Tom Delay/Bush run government.

Bush veto'ed ZERO times when the GOP were in charge. That is a record. He signed anything and everything they sent him. The GOP gave Bush everything he wanted and he returned the favor.

The missing emails, the lying us into war, the signing statements, redrawing voting districts, firing 8 us attorneys for no reason other than they weren't playing politics, etc.

I'll tell you what. If Obama keeps letting us liberals down, he's going to go the way of Jimmy Carter.

But to say its the "most corrupt" is just silly.

He keeps trying to work with the GOP when all they care about is making him look bad. He's giving into them and he's not being tough.

Obama needs this win on Healthcare, so that's why he settled. But he's going to have to start kicking some ass. Get the Dem party under control. Fuck lieberman. But we need his cock sucking vote. I hate that guy.

I think that the supplemental spending for the war is around 1 trillion. Add a few billion for acre of the critically maimed and wounded. The death benefits are cheap about the cost of a bomb or two.
Then for the equipment used up add another trillion maybe.....
And we are still there.
Plus I am not sure if the reconstruction money was included in the regular supplemental spending.

Forum List

Back