I have Jury Duty tomorrow...

No I sure don't. I got served but I had moved out of state, the notice gave me one day to travel to New Mexico to Montana. I had to call the Judge to explain to her that I moved out of state because of Military.

You sitting on a civil case or criminal?

No I sure don't. I got served but I had moved out of state, the notice gave me one day to travel to New Mexico to Montana. I had to call the Judge to explain to her that I moved out of state because of Military.

You sitting on a civil case or criminal?
I'll find out tomorrow.

Whoa. One day notice. Did you get a questionnaire in advance?

I've been called three times but never picked. Must be something I said "cops are never wrong" lol
LOL that would be the reason why. I was surprised I got served because on my questionnaire I put down I had family that were cops.

Yes I got that well in advance. And the move was an unexpected move. I had gone down to the court house and filed a letter stating I was moving and wouldn't be able to serve. Low and Behold I'm served while in New Mexico, it said if I didn't appear (which was the next day) trouble would be knocking at my door.:lol:

Do what Tina Fey did in "30 Rock" and wear your Princess Lea costume.................

I wanted to sit on that case because it was a Murder case, but I couldn't afford airfare, hotel for that trial.

I've been called three times but never picked. Must be something I said "cops are never wrong" lol
I heard that was one easy way to get out of it. lol.

This is going to hurt my income, as I run my own business, and taking time off to get paid a whole 10.00 a day is gonna cut - but I truly am looking forward to it.

I guess I should say I'm going in for jury selection. Voir dire questions. Already filled out this wicked long questionnaire.

Still, I HAVE to show up tomorrow...so it's a duty.

Paper, I recommend you do this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sOeY6ZVG2U]YouTube - [Great Movie Scenes] ...And Justice For All - Ending Scene[/ame]

(Long but worth watching clip.) Starts up around 2 minutes in really.

Last edited:

Yes I got that well in advance. And the move was an unexpected move. I had gone down to the court house and filed a letter stating I was moving and wouldn't be able to serve. Low and Behold I'm served while in New Mexico, it said if I didn't appear (which was the next day) trouble would be knocking at my door.:lol:
Yikes.

I hear they are pretty serious about filling up those benches these days.

This is going to hurt my income, as I run my own business, and taking time off to get paid a whole 10.00 a day is gonna cut - but I truly am looking forward to it.

I guess I should say I'm going in for jury selection. Voir dire questions. Already filled out this wicked long questionnaire.

I was told when I first got the questionnaire that it would be for criminal court.

I was told when I first got the questionnaire that it would be for criminal court.
Well, it's for the County Supreme Court, that's all I know. They didn't say what case...and as I understand it, if they pick me, I have to make myself available for whatever they call me for for the next 8 weeks. Sounds like could be one, could be many.

Forum List

Back