I have Jury Duty tomorrow...

I think they largely handle civil cases.
They handle both.
yeah they do, hope you are not sequestered...no internet for you.
4.gif

I had Jury Duty once when I was living in Long Island.

I was given a number and was told to call on Sunday night to see if I had to go in on Monday. I called and my number was not chosen, so they told me to call back Monday night.

I called and my number was not chosen, so they told me to call back Tuesday night.

I called and my number was not chosen, so they told me to call back day Wednesday night.

I called and my number was not chosen, so they told me to call back Thursday night.

I called and my number was not chosen, and they told me that I had completed my jury duty.

I'm kind of looking forward to it, and see it as doing part of my Civic Duty.

It's my first time.

Anyone have any good Jury Duty stories?

My wife got jury duty for a murder trial where a guy used a machete on someone. She was dismissed because she knew the arresting officer.

Its actually fun if you get picked for an interesting case. Boring otherwise.

Bring a book

Please look up 'jury nullification'. The judge will tell you that you are the finder of fact while the bench is the finder of law. I believe the jury has the duty to make the right and just choice.

That was great Dogbert. MAkes me want to watch the whole movie again tonight.

Thanks again!

No problem. I watched that movie for the first time a little while back, I immediately bought it for DVD. Excellent movie. I also think it's a funny compare and contrast between Pacino's character in this movie and in The Devil's Advocate.

Forum List

Back