"I Have Black/White/Hispanic/Asian Friends"

I don't think so, Correll. It was a thoughtful post until that cardboard cut out had to enter. The boogey man does not live under your bed or mine.

No, liberals sully their own bed. Lately, with Identity Politics. They soil their beds so fouly that they then must change names and, when they run out of arguments--which happens a lot--they cry about the new name you're not using. Like "progressive".

Here's a hat tip: stop soiling your own bed. If you cannot, you have the wrong worldview, so get out, like I did. It's not that difficult, really. Twenty years for me and counting.
Where are you from? Your sentence structure is odd.

This is how you know they're losing.

They talk about your sentence structure.
That is true; but I think he's calling you a Russian troll.

"Everything We Don't Like is Russians"

How much more stupid can this get? Seriously

It is said this is not a defense against racism.

I reject that. In most cases, if you have true friends of other races, you're not racist. And don't let anyone tell you differently.

For a certain set, there IS no defense against racism. You are racist. You are racist even if you don't THINK you're racist. You are racist even if you are white and married a black man and freely chose to make your children with this man. For that set, you are white and racist and there is no escaping it.

Reject this garbage.

If you TRULY have friendships with people of different races and beliefs, than what better evidence is there for you being what Leftists used to value: tolerant, diverse and loving? If you share their struggles and listen to their stories and invite them into your homes and share their lives and seek to understand them, as friends do, and you love and value them as complete individuals, including their race, how can you possibly be racist?

But of course that's not good enough now. If you have friendships with people of different values and beliefs, you must also be Down For Their Struggle. And maybe not just THEIR struggle, meaning them as individuals, but every race struggle the Powers That Be want to impose on them. IOW, you are not just you and your friend is not just your friend. But you are White and your friend is Black and that must be overlaid with all the meaning THEY want to lay on it.

Check your heart. And if it doesn't describe you, reject it. Then maybe we can finally move forward.
If you're not a racist you don't think of them as "your black friend" or "your Asian friend".
Sure you do.

Same as you would think....my elderly friend or my friend from Texas
Not really no. I might think "I should call Jim" without thinking of him as either my black friend or my friend from the UK, but just as a friend I haven't spoken to in a while.

Depends on how you think of it. If you have a "black friend" slot that you must fill, and Jim fills it, then he really is your "black friend". Liberals accuse conservatives of doing this because it's really what THEY do--because Identity Politics is very important to them. So they project.

In reality, as you think about Jim, you might think: "work friend, loves to golf and eat Mexican food, gets carsick, mom died last year, and is black". We do this with everyone because we are human and that's how our brain works. Of course liberals had to make brain function bad by calling it "in grouping" and "out grouping".

It's not inherently bad; it's how we function. It's what you do with the categorizing that makes it pernicious.

I reject that. In most cases, if you have true friends of other races, you're not racist. And don't let anyone tell you differently.

For a certain set, there IS no defense against racism. You are racist. You are racist even if you don't THINK you're racist. You are racist even if you are white and married a black man and freely chose to make your children with this man. For that set, you are white and racist and there is no escaping it.

Reject this garbage.

If you TRULY have friendships with people of different races and beliefs, than what better evidence is there for you being what Leftists used to value: tolerant, diverse and loving? If you share their struggles and listen to their stories and invite them into your homes and share their lives and seek to understand them, as friends do, and you love and value them as complete individuals, including their race, how can you possibly be racist?

But of course that's not good enough now. If you have friendships with people of different values and beliefs, you must also be Down For Their Struggle. And maybe not just THEIR struggle, meaning them as individuals, but every race struggle the Powers That Be want to impose on them. IOW, you are not just you and your friend is not just your friend. But you are White and your friend is Black and that must be overlaid with all the meaning THEY want to lay on it.

Check your heart. And if it doesn't describe you, reject it. Then maybe we can finally move forward.
Behold the concerted effort to keep you on their plantation of guilt so they can continue to harvest your income for failed social programs to eternity

Behold libertarian utopia, which doesn't ever work.

Also rejected.

Reject this garbage.

If you're not a racist you don't think of them as "your black friend" or "your Asian friend".

Also soundly and roundly and laughingly rejected.

No.

The Left has taught us to view EVERYTHING through race and then smacks our hands and scolds us when we do. That's ridiculous and I'm laughing at it, because it's the best possible response.

Guess what? I didn't used to think "my gay friend" and "my black friend" until I had to think about it because of Identity Politics poison, because I had to defend myself against the Left whining about "Racist" because I vote Republican.

So really.

Don't feed me that line and expect me not to laugh.

Well yeah, the old line was .. 'Why are white people afraid to discuss race' or as a Nation we are afraid to discuss race' Then if you do attempt to discuss it, it makes you a racist or intolerant... or your not allowed to talk about certain things without being reminded that .. Your White so.... dont talk about how I feel etc
Your White so.... dont talk about how I feel
Actually, that's pretty good advice for everyone, don't you think?
None of us have a right to lecture anyone else on what THEY are feeling. Stick to your own mind and then you will know what you are talking about.
Not meant personally, just the royal "you."

Of course, but the Left traffics in this. You're racist even if you don't think you are. You're racist just because of the color of your skin.

Reject this garbage.

Sure...sure

Why I don’t even know if I have black, Hispanic or Asian friends because I don’t see race

I think friends of different races are actually able to talk about race with each other. It would be extremely weird not to ever do that at least once in a while.
Of course, my friend Jim and I have spoken about it often. He is from Brazil, grew up in the american northeast, and now live in a small town outside of London. He has a very unique perspective. But when I think of him, or mention him for some reason, the first think I think of or mention isn't his skin color.

"For a certain set, there IS no defense against racism. You are racist. You are racist even if you don't THINK you're racist. You are racist even if you are white and married a black man and freely chose to make your children with this man. For that set, you are white and racist and there is no escaping it."

The biggest bunch of rubbish I have read in a very long time. Again, I stop reading and you are totally full of shit.

No one has a counter to this. They've insulted me and remarked on my SENTENCE STRUCTURE.

The Left is losing badly. Maybe even worse than I thought actually

Reject this garbage.

Behold the concerted effort to keep you on their plantation of guilt so they can continue to harvest your income for failed social programs to eternity

Behold libertarian utopia, which doesn't ever work.

Also rejected.
Whatever that is

I don't think so, Correll. It was a thoughtful post until that cardboard cut out had to enter. The boogey man does not live under your bed or mine.

No, liberals sully their own bed. Lately, with Identity Politics. They soil their beds so fouly that they then must change names and, when they run out of arguments--which happens a lot--they cry about the new name you're not using. Like "progressive".

Here's a hat tip: stop soiling your own bed. If you cannot, you have the wrong worldview, so get out, like I did. It's not that difficult, really. Twenty years for me and counting.
Where are you from? Your sentence structure is odd.

This is how you know they're losing.

They talk about your sentence structure.
That is true; but I think he's calling you a Russian troll.

"Everything We Don't Like is Russians"

How much more stupid can this get? Seriously
Say, that's a nice straw man! Did you build it.yourself?

Reject this garbage.

Sure you do.

Same as you would think....my elderly friend or my friend from Texas
Not really no. I might think "I should call Jim" without thinking of him as either my black friend or my friend from the UK, but just as a friend I haven't spoken to in a while.

Depends on how you think of it. If you have a "black friend" slot that you must fill, and Jim fills it, then he really is your "black friend". Liberals accuse conservatives of doing this because it's really what THEY do--because Identity Politics is very important to them. So they project.

In reality, as you think about Jim, you might think: "work friend, loves to golf and eat Mexican food, gets carsick, mom died last year, and is black". We do this with everyone because we are human and that's how our brain works. Of course liberals had to make brain function bad by calling it "in grouping" and "out grouping".

It's not inherently bad; it's how we function. It's what you do with the categorizing that makes it pernicious.
He is one of many friends, some of which happen to be black. Others are white, or Hispanic like my last girlfriend. That isn't how I classify them.

The original point of the thread, the OP stating he/she couldn't be racist because he/she has a black friend or two. If you feel the need to say things like "I can't be racist, I have a black friend" you are probably a racist.

Sure...sure

Why I don’t even know if I have black, Hispanic or Asian friends because I don’t see race

I think friends of different races are actually able to talk about race with each other. It would be extremely weird not to ever do that at least once in a while.
Of course, my friend Jim and I have spoken about it often. He is from Brazil, grew up in the american northeast, and now live in a small town outside of London. He has a very unique perspective. But when I think of him, or mention him for some reason, the first think I think of or mention isn't his skin color.

"For a certain set, there IS no defense against racism. You are racist. You are racist even if you don't THINK you're racist. You are racist even if you are white and married a black man and freely chose to make your children with this man. For that set, you are white and racist and there is no escaping it."

The biggest bunch of rubbish I have read in a very long time. Again, I stop reading and you are totally full of shit.

No one has a counter to this. They've insulted me and remarked on my SENTENCE STRUCTURE.

The Left is losing badly. Maybe even worse than I thought actually
If a simple question is enough to trigger you this badly I respectfully suggest a visit to a psychiatric professional.

I'm gonna stop responding now, I don't wanna be responsible for your aneurysm.

Have a nice day, and try to relax.

Reject this garbage.

Left Wingers use race as a political weapon.
Real racist make their politics about race.

Race should not be used as a political weapon. Does everyone understand the difference among stereotype, prejudice and racism? Racism is when one feels in his or her heart of hearts that a person based on their skin color, religion, or ethnicity is inherently beneath them. Most people do not feel this way yet there is a movement to use race and racism charges as a weapon. It’s sad.

Reject this garbage.

The stereotype exists because people who claim that in defense of some stupid racist remark are understood to be lying about it.

In its modern iteration, it involves someone who wants to believe (and others to accept) that having this or that friend or even family member somehow means you CANNOT be racist. A related delusion is (and oh so many of these idiots believe it) that simply by being a self-professed liberal or member of the democrat party means you CANNOT be a racist no matter what you say or do.

White people don't like Sue.
People don't like Sue.

Clarified.

Sue must become the topic of this thread because liberals have a losing issue on this topic and they know it.

Clarified for the thousandth time, but they seem to be slow learners sometimes.
And this makes you angry?

Libs don't discuss how well they think of you when they make you the topic, and it is annoying to be in the middle of a conversation, and have some change it on you.
Just read your own comment. What the fuck is that?

When libs change the topic from the issue that was being discussed, they do not do it, to discuss how well they think of you, but to endless say vile lies about you, to marginalize you and so that they can be the vile assholes that they are.

It is also, annoying to be discussing something, seriously and just have the discussion derailed by assholes, being assholes.

That that make my intent clearer for you? Or do I need to dumb it down further?

Reject this garbage.

I had a black friend once, he died in a shoot out got shot leaving the area. My Mexican friend retired to Mexico. So I am a racist again.

Reject this garbage.

But if you are white and say you have black/Asian etc etc etc friends you are lying!
We get that here a lot as in ‘yeah right.....tell me all about your black friends and what they say...... :eek:

Reject this garbage.

We don't. Not until you libs make an issue out of it.

Nice post SweetSue. I believe that you are not a racist - IF this is true:

If you TRULY have friendships with people of different races and beliefs, than what better evidence is there for you being what Leftists used to value: tolerant, diverse and loving? If you share their struggles and listen to their stories and invite them into your homes and share their lives and seek to understand them, as friends do, and you love and value them as complete individuals, including their race, how can you possibly be racist?​

The problem is, that many people will say these things - but the reality is that they don't know ANY black or brown people very well, yet alone hang out with them and share what one might call an actual friendship as you describe. "I'm not a racist - some of my best friends are (fill in the blank)" is often an indication that someone just MIGHT be making it up.

y4b8fyaxm9jy.png

" invite them into your homes and share their lives and seek to understand them."

Most folks just want to get along, Sue, and see each other treated fairly. They listen to each other and are not afraid to hear what's wrong or what others perceive to be wrong. That's the libs I know.

Are you a Lib, OL?
The folks around here insist I am. I don't really put myself in a pigeon hole.
Lol. You aren’t a liberal, and you must know that.

Reject this garbage.

I quit giving a shit about “who thinks I’m racist?” decades ago...

Forum List

Back