"I Have Black/White/Hispanic/Asian Friends"

So, you can't give up marginalizing people, over their Halloween costumes?
Wow. That is hilarious.
Loser.

Correll sends his child out trick-or-treating :)

hqdefault.jpg
That's really fucked up. And no doubt, Correll digs it. SMH.

Now be nice - don't "marginalize" his kid. :wink:
LMAO! You win!

It is said this is not a defense against racism.

I reject that. In most cases, if you have true friends of other races, you're not racist. And don't let anyone tell you differently.

For a certain set, there IS no defense against racism. You are racist. You are racist even if you don't THINK you're racist. You are racist even if you are white and married a black man and freely chose to make your children with this man. For that set, you are white and racist and there is no escaping it.

Reject this garbage.

If you TRULY have friendships with people of different races and beliefs, than what better evidence is there for you being what Leftists used to value: tolerant, diverse and loving? If you share their struggles and listen to their stories and invite them into your homes and share their lives and seek to understand them, as friends do, and you love and value them as complete individuals, including their race, how can you possibly be racist?

But of course that's not good enough now. If you have friendships with people of different values and beliefs, you must also be Down For Their Struggle. And maybe not just THEIR struggle, meaning them as individuals, but every race struggle the Powers That Be want to impose on them. IOW, you are not just you and your friend is not just your friend. But you are White and your friend is Black and that must be overlaid with all the meaning THEY want to lay on it.

Check your heart. And if it doesn't describe you, reject it. Then maybe we can finally move forward.

"Leftists ." That is all I needed to read.

Coward.
I don't think so, Correll. It was a thoughtful post until that cardboard cut out had to enter. The boogey man does not live under your bed or mine.

If you are referring to how the Left demands active support from people or condemns them,

you are correct, That does not live under our beds. It is in our face in society.

That is a part of the difference between right and left.

The right supports the freedom to be left alone.

The left demands you support the proper causes or you are a bad person and need to be marginalized.
I thought the midwest was "Trump country." You seem to be surrounded by extremists. I work with libs here and some would call themselves progressives, but they roll their eyes and allow me to have my more moderate views on Trump and the world. It's called respect for one another.

I live in a Rust Belt city. The state went for Trump. The city, no.

And it is not just my personal experiences.

I thought the midwest was "Trump country." You seem to be surrounded by extremists. I work with libs here and some would call themselves progressives, but they roll their eyes and allow me to have my more moderate views on Trump and the world. It's called respect for one another.

Oh I can promise you that he is surrounded by extremists. Those who live in urban areas have learned to get along with people who aren't like them and don't share their views. More rural midwest Trump voters don't share those experiences and are more apt to name calling and pigeonholing.

I can honestly say that you may be the most moderate poster in USMB.

Coward.
I don't think so, Correll. It was a thoughtful post until that cardboard cut out had to enter. The boogey man does not live under your bed or mine.

No, liberals sully their own bed. Lately, with Identity Politics. They soil their beds so fouly that they then must change names and, when they run out of arguments--which happens a lot--they cry about the new name you're not using. Like "progressive".

Here's a hat tip: stop soiling your own bed. If you cannot, you have the wrong worldview, so get out, like I did. It's not that difficult, really. Twenty years for me and counting.
Where are you from? Your sentence structure is odd.

This is how you know they're losing.

They talk about your sentence structure.
That is true; but I think he's calling you a Russian troll.

Founded by Mohammed Yusuf in 2002, the group has been led by Abubakar Shekau since 2009. When Boko Haram first formed, their actions were nonviolent. Their main goal was to “purify Islam in northern Nigeria” (Iyekekpolo 2016:2218). From March 2015 to August 2016, the group was aligned with the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant.[20][21] Since the current insurgency started in 2009, Boko Haram has killed tens of thousands and displaced 2.3 million from their homes[22] and was ranked as the world's deadliest terror group by the Global Terrorism Index in 2015.[23][24]
Do not want to dress up as Boo Ko Haram.

Coward.

No, liberals sully their own bed. Lately, with Identity Politics. They soil their beds so fouly that they then must change names and, when they run out of arguments--which happens a lot--they cry about the new name you're not using. Like "progressive".

Here's a hat tip: stop soiling your own bed. If you cannot, you have the wrong worldview, so get out, like I did. It's not that difficult, really. Twenty years for me and counting.
Where are you from? Your sentence structure is odd.
Minnesota, maybe?
IDK, but when was the last time you heard someone who isn't using Google translate say "soiling"?

Nice post SweetSue. I believe that you are not a racist - IF this is true:

If you TRULY have friendships with people of different races and beliefs, than what better evidence is there for you being what Leftists used to value: tolerant, diverse and loving? If you share their struggles and listen to their stories and invite them into your homes and share their lives and seek to understand them, as friends do, and you love and value them as complete individuals, including their race, how can you possibly be racist?​

The problem is, that many people will say these things - but the reality is that they don't know ANY black or brown people very well, yet alone hang out with them and share what one might call an actual friendship as you describe. "I'm not a racist - some of my best friends are (fill in the blank)" is often an indication that someone just MIGHT be making it up.

y4b8fyaxm9jy.png

" invite them into your homes and share their lives and seek to understand them."

Most folks just want to get along, Sue, and see each other treated fairly. They listen to each other and are not afraid to hear what's wrong or what others perceive to be wrong. That's the libs I know.

Are you a Lib, OL?
The folks around here insist I am. I don't really put myself in a pigeon hole.

I know, just messin with you this early morning, OL. I'm gonna drink a Mimosa and watch folks like Correll just walk on by.

I reject that. In most cases, if you have true friends of other races, you're not racist. And don't let anyone tell you differently.

For a certain set, there IS no defense against racism. You are racist. You are racist even if you don't THINK you're racist. You are racist even if you are white and married a black man and freely chose to make your children with this man. For that set, you are white and racist and there is no escaping it.

Reject this garbage.

If you TRULY have friendships with people of different races and beliefs, than what better evidence is there for you being what Leftists used to value: tolerant, diverse and loving? If you share their struggles and listen to their stories and invite them into your homes and share their lives and seek to understand them, as friends do, and you love and value them as complete individuals, including their race, how can you possibly be racist?

But of course that's not good enough now. If you have friendships with people of different values and beliefs, you must also be Down For Their Struggle. And maybe not just THEIR struggle, meaning them as individuals, but every race struggle the Powers That Be want to impose on them. IOW, you are not just you and your friend is not just your friend. But you are White and your friend is Black and that must be overlaid with all the meaning THEY want to lay on it.

Check your heart. And if it doesn't describe you, reject it. Then maybe we can finally move forward.

Coward.

Dayum! Do you have a Judge Judy channel that you are going to show case OL? I'm in all the way!
What is your problem, Erin? Spit it out, because I don't understand.

So, you can't give up marginalizing people, over their Halloween costumes?
Wow. That is hilarious.
Loser.

Trick-or-treating in Correll's neighborhood :)

hqdefault.jpg

Llisten fuckard. YOu might want to edit that out, it violates board rules.

Done --- Fucktard
Puerto Rico disaster tissues are on the way for him.

I think he needs more than a tissue - Bounty? .. :D

LonelyCreativeBoar-max-1mb.gif

Reject this garbage.

Coward.

Dayum! Do you have a Judge Judy channel that you are going to show case OL? I'm in all the way!

Judge Judy is very popular. Maybe he was serious?

Coward.

Judge Trumpy is more your style ;)

Pirro-and-Trump-800x430.jpg

Reject this garbage.

Coward.

Did I offend? Seriously. I apologize. I think your are Bad Ass. Hit me up on the email box thing if you want. Dayum.

I just spit H2O all over the place.

If you TRULY have friendships with people of different races and beliefs, than what better evidence is there for you being what Leftists used to value: tolerant, diverse and loving? If you share their struggles and listen to their stories and invite them into your homes and share their lives and seek to understand them, as friends do, and you love and value them as complete individuals, including their race, how can you possibly be racist?​

The problem is, that many people will say these things - but the reality is that they don't know ANY black or brown people very well, yet alone hang out with them and share what one might call an actual friendship as you describe. "I'm not a racist - some of my best friends are (fill in the blank)" is often an indication that someone just MIGHT be making it up.

y4b8fyaxm9jy.png

" invite them into your homes and share their lives and seek to understand them."

Most folks just want to get along, Sue, and see each other treated fairly. They listen to each other and are not afraid to hear what's wrong or what others perceive to be wrong. That's the libs I know.

Are you a Lib, OL?

I know, just messin with you this early morning, OL. I'm gonna drink a Mimosa and watch folks like Correll just walk on by.

Fine as long as you share.

y4b8fyaxm9jy.png

Are you a Lib, OL?

Fine as long as you share.[/QUOTEY

You bet. I like mine with lime. It is awesome.

Both are good, in their own way.

Though I turned off my cable years ago, so, I see very little of either.

Forum List

Back