"I Have Black/White/Hispanic/Asian Friends"

I can honestly say that you may be the most moderate poster in USMB.

You cannot say that honestly because you are not an honest poster. She is decidedly left of center, but you are just so far left and so completely partisan that the fact she is more honest than you makes her look moderate,

It is said this is not a defense against racism.

I reject that. In most cases, if you have true friends of other races, you're not racist. And don't let anyone tell you differently.

For a certain set, there IS no defense against racism. You are racist. You are racist even if you don't THINK you're racist. You are racist even if you are white and married a black man and freely chose to make your children with this man. For that set, you are white and racist and there is no escaping it.

Reject this garbage.

If you TRULY have friendships with people of different races and beliefs, than what better evidence is there for you being what Leftists used to value: tolerant, diverse and loving? If you share their struggles and listen to their stories and invite them into your homes and share their lives and seek to understand them, as friends do, and you love and value them as complete individuals, including their race, how can you possibly be racist?

But of course that's not good enough now. If you have friendships with people of different values and beliefs, you must also be Down For Their Struggle. And maybe not just THEIR struggle, meaning them as individuals, but every race struggle the Powers That Be want to impose on them. IOW, you are not just you and your friend is not just your friend. But you are White and your friend is Black and that must be overlaid with all the meaning THEY want to lay on it.

Check your heart. And if it doesn't describe you, reject it. Then maybe we can finally move forward.
If you're not a racist you don't think of them as "your black friend" or "your Asian friend".
Sure you do.

Same as you would think....my elderly friend or my friend from Texas

I don't think so, Correll. It was a thoughtful post until that cardboard cut out had to enter. The boogey man does not live under your bed or mine.

Dayum! Do you have a Judge Judy channel that you are going to show case OL? I'm in all the way!
What is your problem, Erin? Spit it out, because I don't understand.

Judge Judy is very popular. Maybe he was serious?

Judge Trumpy is more your style ;)

Pirro-and-Trump-800x430.jpg
I just spit H2O all over the place.

Rut Roh - Do I owe you a keyboard? :)

Oh, a Godwin, Well that certainly makes you look like a reasonable person.
lol!!!
Tell you what. YOu show me a picture of someone wearing a NAZI ARMBAND, (not on Halloween) and I'll believe you if you call them a nazi.
Otherwise, attack their argument, and not them, you intellectual coward.

1. Normal people do not dress up as Nazis for Halloween
2. You are an intellectual lightweight

harry_nazi.jpg
Don’t be stupid, be a smarty
Be sure to join the Nazi Party

I reject that. In most cases, if you have true friends of other races, you're not racist. And don't let anyone tell you differently.

For a certain set, there IS no defense against racism. You are racist. You are racist even if you don't THINK you're racist. You are racist even if you are white and married a black man and freely chose to make your children with this man. For that set, you are white and racist and there is no escaping it.

Reject this garbage.

If you TRULY have friendships with people of different races and beliefs, than what better evidence is there for you being what Leftists used to value: tolerant, diverse and loving? If you share their struggles and listen to their stories and invite them into your homes and share their lives and seek to understand them, as friends do, and you love and value them as complete individuals, including their race, how can you possibly be racist?

But of course that's not good enough now. If you have friendships with people of different values and beliefs, you must also be Down For Their Struggle. And maybe not just THEIR struggle, meaning them as individuals, but every race struggle the Powers That Be want to impose on them. IOW, you are not just you and your friend is not just your friend. But you are White and your friend is Black and that must be overlaid with all the meaning THEY want to lay on it.

Check your heart. And if it doesn't describe you, reject it. Then maybe we can finally move forward.
If you're not a racist you don't think of them as "your black friend" or "your Asian friend".
Sure you do.

Same as you would think....my elderly friend or my friend from Texas
Not really no. I might think "I should call Jim" without thinking of him as either my black friend or my friend from the UK, but just as a friend I haven't spoken to in a while.

Reject this garbage.

Racism is not about not liking someone of another group. Racism is a systematic way of harming people of another group and that requires power and systems and the collective agreement by that group to support and participate in the mistreatment of people outside that group

The only people on the planet who systematically exhibit these kind of behaviours toward people just because they look different (no matter where they go) from North America to Africa to New Zealand and Australia, etc are white people.

• A white supremacist would employ black people just as long as whites were in charge of employing
  • A white supremacist would sponsor black athletes, just as long as whites were in charge of the sponsoring.
  • A white supremacist can like a black person, sleep with black women, marry a black women, listen to black music, adopt a black child. They can do all that stuff but still be team white supremacy.
There were many whites who supported slavery and and jim crow yet, managed to conjure personal kindness for individual black people.
So every white person in charge of anything is a white supremacist?
All white team owners are white supremacists?
Do you have some examples of the white supremacists adopting a black child?

That would be Madona. Shes a white supremist

Reject this garbage.

Sure...sure

Why I don’t even know if I have black, Hispanic or Asian friends because I don’t see race

Reject this garbage.

Also soundly and roundly and laughingly rejected.

No.

The Left has taught us to view EVERYTHING through race and then smacks our hands and scolds us when we do. That's ridiculous and I'm laughing at it, because it's the best possible response.

Guess what? I didn't used to think "my gay friend" and "my black friend" until I had to think about it because of Identity Politics poison, because I had to defend myself against the Left whining about "Racist" because I vote Republican.

So really.

Don't feed me that line and expect me not to laugh.

Well yeah, the old line was .. 'Why are white people afraid to discuss race' or as a Nation we are afraid to discuss race' Then if you do attempt to discuss it, it makes you a racist or intolerant... or your not allowed to talk about certain things without being reminded that .. Your White so.... dont talk about how I feel etc

Reject this garbage.

Sure...sure

Why I don’t even know if I have black, Hispanic or Asian friends because I don’t see race
Don't be ridiculous please.

Reject this garbage.

Sure...sure

I think friends of different races are actually able to talk about race with each other. It would be extremely weird not to ever do that at least once in a while.

Reject this garbage.

Behold the concerted effort to keep you on their plantation of guilt so they can continue to harvest your income for failed social programs to eternity

Reject this garbage.

Also soundly and roundly and laughingly rejected.

No.

The Left has taught us to view EVERYTHING through race and then smacks our hands and scolds us when we do. That's ridiculous and I'm laughing at it, because it's the best possible response.

Guess what? I didn't used to think "my gay friend" and "my black friend" until I had to think about it because of Identity Politics poison, because I had to defend myself against the Left whining about "Racist" because I vote Republican.

So really.

Don't feed me that line and expect me not to laugh.

Well yeah, the old line was .. 'Why are white people afraid to discuss race' or as a Nation we are afraid to discuss race' Then if you do attempt to discuss it, it makes you a racist or intolerant... or your not allowed to talk about certain things without being reminded that .. Your White so.... dont talk about how I feel etc
Your White so.... dont talk about how I feel
Actually, that's pretty good advice for everyone, don't you think?
None of us have a right to lecture anyone else on what THEY are feeling. Stick to your own mind and then you will know what you are talking about.
Not meant personally, just the royal "you."

Reject this garbage.

Sure...sure

I think friends of different races are actually able to talk about race with each other. It would be extremely weird not to ever do that at least once in a while.
Of course, my friend Jim and I have spoken about it often. He is from Brazil, grew up in the american northeast, and now live in a small town outside of London. He has a very unique perspective. But when I think of him, or mention him for some reason, the first think I think of or mention isn't his skin color.

White people don't like Sue.
People don't like Sue.

Clarified.

Sue must become the topic of this thread because liberals have a losing issue on this topic and they know it.

Clarified for the thousandth time, but they seem to be slow learners sometimes.
And this makes you angry?

Libs don't discuss how well they think of you when they make you the topic, and it is annoying to be in the middle of a conversation, and have some change it on you.

Reject this garbage.

Sure...sure

Of course, my friend Jim and I have spoken about it often. He is from Brazil, grew up in the american northeast, and now live in a small town outside of London. He has a very unique perspective. But when I think of him, or mention him for some reason, the first think I think of or mention isn't his skin color.

"For a certain set, there IS no defense against racism. You are racist. You are racist even if you don't THINK you're racist. You are racist even if you are white and married a black man and freely chose to make your children with this man. For that set, you are white and racist and there is no escaping it."

The biggest bunch of rubbish I have read in a very long time. Again, I stop reading and you are totally full of shit.

People don't like Sue.

Clarified.

Sue must become the topic of this thread because liberals have a losing issue on this topic and they know it.

Libs don't discuss how well they think of you when they make you the topic, and it is annoying to be in the middle of a conversation, and have some change it on you.
Just read your own comment. What the fuck is that?

People don't like Sue.

Clarified.

Honey, you were never in the middle of any conversation. Trust me.

This is liberals projecting in almost all cases.

I don't think so - If you claim that some of your best friends are black, then I'll believe you when I come to your house for a Christmas party and you've invited more than one black person.

Notice the sleight of hand here. Now it's about numbers, how MANY friends you have.

They will continue moving the goalposts so that they are Righteous and your not, heathen.

Forum List

Back