i have a friend that grew up in an orphanage . should he have been aborted ?

he was never adopted.he was abandoned at birth. he is now 50yrs old and is now a certified pastry chef !! since his parents did not want him would it have been better if he was aborted ??

That should have been his mother's choice, not yours.

Exactly. I have a friend who was conceived due to rape. A lot of women in that situation may have chosen to have an abortion, but his mother didn't. He is now a father of 3, a husband and a respected police officer. Despite that I would have never told his mother that she should carry a rapist's child for 9 months. She chose to, but that was her individual choice.

that is a pretty hard thing to tell a child.

I have to admitt I dont know if ai would have told him that one.

I may have had to tell him I merely made a mistake and lost contact with the mistake man

Telling a child that he is the son of a rapist is pretty tuff stuff.

I wonder how old he was when he was told this?

You do NOT own the flesh of women.

You will NEVER own our insides.

I still feel like any species capable of calculus shouldn't be aborted.
But you're right. I'm not a woman, so my say in the matter should be muted compared to those who, you know, are capable of getting pregnant.

According to my wife, she understands abortion, but could never see herself getting one. Would that be a common stance that many women possibly take?

wise thinking.

history has proven laws dont stop abortions
ohhh now laws don't make a difference !!! bet you wont say that about gun control commy !

history has proven laws dont stop abortions
ohhh now laws don't make a difference !!! bet you wont say that about gun control commy ![/QUOTE]

I think the point she was making is that, if a woman really wants it, she'll find a way. Whether or not that's right isn't for me to decide.

We're not women. We have no right to tell a woman what to do. We may disagree with it, but ultimately, unless you grow a uterus and ovaries, your opinion isn't as meaningful as theirs.

Does it suck? Yes. I'd like my opinion to have the same value as theirs. But it doesn't.

most leftist support abortion but are against the death penalty for murderers .

Fetuses aren't people... convicts are.

And here's the thing... given how many wrongful convictions there have been in death penalty cases, I don't think we can really trust the government with that power.

I find it amusing that conservatives who are usually against the government regulating pollution or speed limits or gun ownership really think the government should pick who dies.

he was never adopted.he was abandoned at birth. he is now 50yrs old and is now a certified pastry chef !! since his parents did not want him would it have been better if he was aborted ??

You think your "friend" should have been aborted?

Sick fuck.

I always have to laugh when I see Right Wingers get upset about abortion...

Hey, you guys have made 8 of the 12 appoinments to SCOTUS since Roe v. Wade was decided? Why is abortion still legal?

Beause they never intended to outlaw it. Just to keep dumb fucks like you voting against your own economic interests because the show you a picture of a fetus...

Hey, you guys have made 8 of the 12 appoinments to SCOTUS since Roe v. Wade was decided? Why is abortion still legal?

Beause they never intended to outlaw it. Just to keep dumb fucks like you voting against your own economic interests because the show you a picture of a fetus...
Now you're the thought police, Joe? Why do you hate people who try to save 1.4 million American children a year who wind up getting their brains painfully cut into and sucked out by someone who's bigger than they?

You don't feel it so it doesn't hurt? :eusa_eh:

If he was aborted neither you nor he would have ever known the difference so what's your point?

If he was aborted neither you nor he would have ever known the difference so what's your point?
the point is that if he had been aborted he would never have had the chance to decide to become successful chef,or had the chance to overcome the fact that he was an orphan !!! does someone else have the right to destroy him before he takes his first breath ??

Now you're the thought police, Joe? Why do you hate people who try to save 1.4 million American children a year who wind up getting their brains painfully cut into and sucked out by someone who's bigger than they?

First, it's doubtful most aborted fetuses "feel it" either, as pain receptors don't get turned on until the second trimester and most abortions are performed in the first.

Again, I think you dumb-fucks who vote for anti-abortion candidates are very sincere in your belief that fetuses are people. Shit, it was the last part of my Catholic Conditioning I got rid of.

Then I realized something. Why is it that on a court that has been stacked with Republican Justices, not only when Roe was decided, but every day since, that these Republicans have never, ever admitted Roe was a mistake.

Because it ain't about "Saving" the fetuses. It's about keeping people like you angry so you keep voting for free trade, tax cuts for rich people, and other stuff that probably makes it MORE likely working folks will choose to have abortions.

First, it's doubtful most aborted fetuses "feel it" either, as pain receptors don't get turned on until the second trimester and most abortions are performed in the first.

Again, I think you dumb-fucks who vote for anti-abortion candidates are very sincere in your belief that fetuses are people. Shit, it was the last part of my Catholic Conditioning I got rid of.

Then I realized something. Why is it that on a court that has been stacked with Republican Justices, not only when Roe was decided, but every day since, that these Republicans have never, ever admitted Roe was a mistake.

Because it ain't about "Saving" the fetuses. It's about keeping people like you angry so you keep voting for free trade, tax cuts for rich people, and other stuff that probably makes it MORE likely working folks will choose to have abortions.
Once again, ranting is pointless. If you want to be effective, use yourself an example of why abortion is not such a bad idea.

Forum List

Back