I had to pay 7 damn dollars for a single light bulb yesterday

My old neighbor used to own a Ma and Pa hardware store.
When the news came that regular light bulbs were no longer going o be made he bought fifty cases of 125 watt bulbs.
I bought ten cases from him at the time.
My family and I have enough bulbs to last for years.
I have regular light bulbs still working throughout my home that were installed years ago.
They are like the Ferrari made engine in my old Maserati. 'Bulletproof'.
I was recently at the Maserati dealership where I get routine service work done.
A mechanic that has worked at the dealership for over twenty years told me he had never once had to replace any internal parts of any Maserati (Ferrari made) engine.
My advice is if you are looking for a dependable car buy a ten year old Maserati.

LED's or CFL's?.....the CFL's i had first used were not very impressive,they lasted 2-3 times as long and they had that mercury in them....i have had LED's on the outside of my place for 5 years so far,and i know this cause i wrote it down in the garage when i put the 4 of them in,and they are on all night and have not changed one yet,inside same difference....and they are 60 watters and bright....

They weren't LEDs. I don't mind LED lights for certain things. But in the house I like to have soft light, not big bright lights.
The technology has changed. You can get LEDs in different spectrums and intensities.
I thought you were tired of this thread yet here you are. Silly hacks have no self control
I'm not tired of laughing at you.
You're laughing at your own lack of freedom. Do you really need the government to make all your choices for you? I dont.
So the government forced you to pay 7 dollars for a light bulb?

I just bought 6 60 watt LEDs for $2.49. You got taken by an american company...nothing new.

Local large chain hardware store....a six pack of the LEDs were cheaper than the old incandescent which are junk. Burn hot very inefficient. Nothing beats LEDs.

Local large chain hardware store....a six pack of the LEDs were cheaper than the old incandescent which are junk. Burn hot very inefficient. Nothing beats LEDs.
LEDs don't burn hot, numskull. They are cool to the touch, no matter how long they've been on.

Why??? WTF was wrong with traditional bulbs? What government entity thought this was a smart idea? Did they include subsidies for the poor to be able to afford these bulbs?
lol These are more energy efficient and will last much longer, so over time you will get most of the added cost back.

Forum List

Back