I had to pay 7 damn dollars for a single light bulb yesterday

Why??? WTF was wrong with traditional bulbs? What government entity thought this was a smart idea? Did they include subsidies for the poor to be able to afford these bulbs?

This deserves a Thanks Obama .gif. I mean LOL at the whiny republicans.

Why??? WTF was wrong with traditional bulbs? What government entity thought this was a smart idea? Did they include subsidies for the poor to be able to afford these bulbs?

Don't know. My city has a rebate program going on so I can get up to 20 of the corkscrew bulbs for less than a buck a piece. The 100W ones are $1 but they are always sold out of them. The rebate was $1.50 per bulb, so it must depend on where you shop and what brand you got. They are worth it though.

lite a candle... thank Ben Franklin.

"{Dude...like, smoke more dope and vote Democrat dude...save a tree, it will be alright." My impression of a typical liberal idiot.

Incandescent bulbs will destroy the planet.

How dare you even think of using one. You might as well be a mass murderer.

Last week I broke the flood light that's been on the front of the house for years. New bulb $16.00. To a progressive I guess that's progress.

Last week I broke the flood light that's been on the front of the house for years. New bulb $16.00. To a progressive I guess that's progress.

Legislation passed 2007:

U.S. bulb factories will stop producing best-selling 40-watt and 60-watt incandescent bulbs from 2014. According to this prohibition adopted in 2007, US eliminated incandescent bulbs more than 100 watt since 2012, and discontinued 75 watts and 100 watts incandescent lamps since 2013. This controversial law designed to promote energy-saving compact fluorescent lamps, LED light bulbs and other energy efficiency lighting.

Would have been nice to have had more media attention before it went into effect....

Forum List

Back