I guess the leftists better thank Dubya

Since so many liked my post noted below and since they so nicely repped me, I thought it only appropriate that I post this latest bit of information. At the time I actually googled this topic and found it to be false. One of the senior officials was on TV the other evening, he actually claimed it didn't matter what contrary information was given, Bush Cheney wanted war and they got it. Two draft dodgers yet!

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...-leftists-better-thank-dubya.html#post3319968

'Defector Admits to WMD Lies That Helped Trigger Iraq War'

by Martin Chulov and Helen Pidd in Karlsruhe

"The defector who convinced the White House that Iraq had a secret biological weapons programme has admitted for the first time that he lied about his story, then watched in shock as it was used to justify the war."

[...]

"The admission comes just after the eighth anniversary of Colin Powell's speech to the United Nations in which the then-US secretary of state relied heavily on lies that Janabi had told the German secret service, the BND. It also follows the release of former defence secretary Donald Rumsfeld's memoirs, in which he admitted Iraq had no weapons of mass destruction programme.

The careers of both men were seriously damaged by their use of Janabi's claims, which he now says could have been – and were – discredited well before Powell's landmark speech to the UN on 5 February 2003." Defector Admits to WMD Lies That Helped Trigger Iraq War | Common Dreams

We've known that curveball lied for years now, since we didn't find any of his claims after the invasion. But read the Duelfer report to see the truth of what was found.

{Something that looks an awful lot like democracy is beginning to take hold in Iraq. It may not be 'mission accomplished'—but it's a start.

"Iraqi democracy will succeed," President George W. Bush declared in November 2003, "and that success will send forth the news from Damascus to Tehran that freedom can be the future of every nation." The audience at the National Endowment for Democracy in Washington answered with hearty applause. Bush went on: "The establishment of a free Iraq at the heart of the Middle East will be a watershed event in the global democratic revolution."}

A Democratic Iraq Is Emerging - Newsweek

Well gawddamn - looks like Bush was 100% right.

Uncensored2008

"Well gawddamn - looks like Bush was 100% right." - really?

some things need to be looked at from afar...

poor Uncensored ::
NARRATOR: One of the first to raise concerns about Maliki was national security advisor Stephen Hadley.

STEPHEN HADLEY: There was a sectarian agenda that was being carried out on the ground.

[PBS Public Broadcasting Service NY Times transcription]

NARRATOR: The previous fall, Hadley had authored a memo warning that Maliki’s government was becoming increasingly sectarian. Reports of nondelivery of services to Sunni areas, removal of Iraq’s most effective commanders on a sectarian basis and efforts to ensure Shia majorities in all ministries, all suggest a campaign to consolidate Shia power in Baghdad.

STEPHEN HADLEY: And I tried to frame the issue for the president, knowing that this was a judgment that the president was going to have to make himself.

NARRATOR: And now, over a secure videoconference, both General Petraeus and Ambassador Crocker gave up on the president’s man.

RYAN CROCKER: There was a moment when Dave Petraeus and I, because we were in the smoke and the dust every single damn day, had had it with Maliki. We said, “Boss, we got to have a change here.’

NARRATOR: But Bush had taken a liking to Maliki. He insisted he would not turn his back on the prime minister.

PETER BAKER: Bush really believes in his gut instinct towards other leaders. He really believes that international affairs is driven at least partly by how heads of state get along and whether they can trust each other. And he thinks he’s gotten a read on Maliki at this point.​

Transcript Losing Iraq FRONTLINE PBS

Iraq was an illegal invasion of a sovereign nation based on fear,

I'm not interested in your Obama verses.

The FACT is that Bush stated his intent, and it appears to be going just like he said. Look like the middle east IS exploding in a massive move to democratically elected and free nations.

Put down your holy book, and THINK.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did we ever find any WMD's in Iraq?

You aren't wrong since you didn't say we did or we didn't find an WMD's in Iraq.

Forum List

Back