I find it very disturbing

Actually, the court is the place for you to prove the harm in gay marriage. If you can prove it....no gay marriage. If you cannot prove the harm, the government is not in a position to restrict the right of law-abiding, tax-paying citizens to get legally married just because we are gay.

how does calling your union a marrige benefit you? taxes? inheritence? or is it just the word 'marriage' that somehow makes you feeeeeeeeeeeeeel better?
How does calling YOUR union a marriage benefit you? taxes? inheritance? or is it just the word "marriage" that somehow makes you feeeeeeeel better?

LOL so rather than try to answer, you just repeat the question.

let me try again, if you gay union got all the tax and inheritence breaks that a man/woman marriage got would you still be pushing to call it a marraige?

Admit it, its not about rights, freedom, equality, discrimination, or anything else. Its about using the force of government to dictate societal acceptance of a lifestyle that a majority consider abnormal.
Let ME try again. If you straight union got all the tax and inheritance breaks that a man/man or women/women marriage got, would you still be pushing to call it a marriage?

OK, I'm done with your BS. you refuse to discuss this intelligently and logically, you are all full of emotion and ranting.

Go off and enjoy your gay life. maybe the country will sanction your union and call it a marriage. maybe your neighbors will be a marriage of 5 men and 7 women and 14 kids.

WTF, let society go into the shitcan so you can say you and your girlfriend are married.

As I said in the OP, I am tired of the gay shit dominating the public debate while we have so many real problems that are not being addressed.

Chickenfish is going to quit the gay threads....again? This makes, what, a dozen times he's "tired of this gay shit" and flounced off in a huff?

Careful, he'll pretend to ignore you too. :lol:

how does calling your union a marrige benefit you? taxes? inheritence? or is it just the word 'marriage' that somehow makes you feeeeeeeeeeeeeel better?
How does calling YOUR union a marriage benefit you? taxes? inheritance? or is it just the word "marriage" that somehow makes you feeeeeeeel better?

let me try again, if you gay union got all the tax and inheritence breaks that a man/woman marriage got would you still be pushing to call it a marraige?

Admit it, its not about rights, freedom, equality, discrimination, or anything else. Its about using the force of government to dictate societal acceptance of a lifestyle that a majority consider abnormal.
Let ME try again. If you straight union got all the tax and inheritance breaks that a man/man or women/women marriage got, would you still be pushing to call it a marriage?

OK, I'm done with your BS. you refuse to discuss this intelligently and logically, you are all full of emotion and ranting.

Go off and enjoy your gay life. maybe the country will sanction your union and call it a marriage. maybe your neighbors will be a marriage of 5 men and 7 women and 14 kids.

WTF, let society go into the shitcan so you can say you and your girlfriend are married.

As I said in the OP, I am tired of the gay shit dominating the public debate while we have so many real problems that are not being addressed.

Chickenfish is going to quit the gay threads....again? This makes, what, a dozen times he's "tired of this gay shit" and flounced off in a huff?

It was absolutely classic how he cried about my posts....when all I did was turn his own words around. I guess he thinks his own posts "are all full of emotion and ranting".

It was absolutely classic how he cried about my posts....when all I did was turn his own words around. I guess he thinks his own posts "are all full of emotion and ranting".

Yes, it's ironic that someone who only argues how he "feels" about gays marrying accusing anyone of emotional ranting.

That the threads that get the most posts are the ones on gays. I guess that issue divides the US like no other issue. There are very strong feelings on both sides, and both sides sometimes make good arguments.

The only way to resolve it is to let the people speak by voting. We need either a national referendum on gay marriage or a constitutional amendment on it. Let the people decide and lets all live by that decision.

Its one of the most profound civil rights issues in about a generation. And the USSC is hearing cases on the subject in a matter of weeks.

Of course its being discussed.

It's not a civil right!

Marriage? Of course its a civil right.

Marriage is one of the "basic civil rights of man"

Loving V. Virginia (1967)

Interracial marriage and gay marriage are not the same thing. Show us a court ruling that says gay marriage is a civil right. I know you guys want Loving to apply to your argument, but it doesn't.
You know...that's what we've gotten in several states and we're gonna get that from the SCOTUS this June, right? When we do.....I'll take the time to show it to you. :D

we will see what SCOTUS does in June. If they rule against you will you STFU and go on with your life?

Its one of the most profound civil rights issues in about a generation. And the USSC is hearing cases on the subject in a matter of weeks.

It's not a civil right!

Interracial marriage and gay marriage are not the same thing. Show us a court ruling that says gay marriage is a civil right. I know you guys want Loving to apply to your argument, but it doesn't.
You know...that's what we've gotten in several states and we're gonna get that from the SCOTUS this June, right? When we do.....I'll take the time to show it to you. :D

we will see what SCOTUS does in June. If they rule against you will you STFU and go on with your life?

I doubt it and would be disappointed if that were the case. That pesky old first amendment again.

That the threads that get the most posts are the ones on gays. I guess that issue divides the US like no other issue. There are very strong feelings on both sides, and both sides sometimes make good arguments.

The only way to resolve it is to let the people speak by voting. We need either a national referendum on gay marriage or a constitutional amendment on it. Let the people decide and lets all live by that decision.

It's not a civil right!

Not for you to say.

is he allowed to have an opinion? is he allowed to state his opinion? or are only those who agree with you allowed to have and state opinions?

you are the most intolerant group of people on the planet.
You can state your opinion all you like...but opinion doesn't hold the same weight as facts and law............for good reason.

There are no biological facts on your side, your side is only opinion. Laws can be made in contradiction of biology, and they may in this case.

But, you know what? You cannot mandate or legislate what people believe. Your side needs to learn some tolerance for beliefs that are contrary to yours. Your opinions are no more valid than anyone else's.

It's not a civil right!

Not for you to say.

is he allowed to have an opinion? is he allowed to state his opinion? or are only those who agree with you allowed to have and state opinions?

You can state your opinion all you like...but opinion doesn't hold the same weight as facts and law............for good reason.

There are no biological facts on your side, your side is only opinion. Laws can be made in contradiction of biology, and they may in this case.

But, you know what? You cannot mandate or legislate what people believe. Your side needs to learn some tolerance for beliefs that are contrary to yours. Your opinions are no more valid than anyone else's.
Laws based on biology? Then there is not gender equality? We can tolerate your beliefs...just keep them out of our laws if they are beliefs that discriminate against your fellow lawabiding citizens.

It's not a civil right!

I doubt it and would be disappointed if that were the case. That pesky old first amendment again.

So if SCOTUS rules against you you will keep up the rant and ignore their ruling? But if they rule in your favor you will put on your rainbow colors and dance in the streets?

Do you see how foolish that makes you look? You rant about SC rulings and the constitution until it turns against you, then you say its all bullshit.

You probably think obama is a good president too, right?

So if SCOTUS rules against you you will keep up the rant and ignore their ruling? But if they rule in your favor you will put on your rainbow colors and dance in the streets?

Do you see how foolish that makes you look? You rant about SC rulings and the constitution until it turns against you, then you say its all bullshit.

I would be very disappointed if SCOTUS decides against us.....and would look for where the failure was....which would mean looking closely at their decision and what we missed as far as proof.

It's not a civil right!

Not for you to say.

Laws based on biology? Then there is not gender equality? We can tolerate your beliefs...just keep them out of our laws if they are beliefs that discriminate against your fellow lawabiding citizens.

Yes, laws based on biology, like separate rest rooms for men and women.

There are no laws that discriminate against gays in the USA. Now if you go to a muslim country, it is quite different.

Thats the contradiction inherent in liberalism. you feel sympathy for the poor muslims while they would kill you for being gay.

I would be very disappointed if SCOTUS decides against us.....and would look for where the failure was....which would mean looking closely at their decision and what we missed as far as proof.

so you would not accept their ruling unless it was in your favor? Then what was all the BS about the constitution based on?

Not for you to say.

There are no laws that discriminate against gays in the USA. Now if you go to a muslim country, it is quite different.

Thats the contradiction inherent in liberalism. you feel sympathy for the poor muslims while they would kill you for being gay.
That's a privacy issue. Do you have separate bathrooms at home? Easily fixed by individual b-rooms.

There are plenty of laws in many states that discriminate against gays.....

And we are NOT a muslim country now, are we? Are we supposed to be GRATEFUL that you don't treat us like the muslims do?

It's not a civil right!

Well, unlike you, I would accept the SC ruling and move on. This is a minor issue compared to the real problems facing this country. See my OP.

The whole gay agenda gets much more attention than it is due. I think part of that is to take the attention from the real mess that obama and the libs have created both domestically and internationally.

so you would not accept their ruling unless it was in your favor? Then what was all the BS about the constitution based on?
We would work for a representation to win the next time...just like those for integration worked after Plessy v Ferguson for a case with proof that separate but equal did not work...it took a while, over 50 years...but Brown v Board of Ed was a success. If you ever take the time to study that case, it was a long, careful process to find just the case to PROVE that Plessy v Ferguson was a bad decision................using PROOF, not emotion like you like to go on about.

That's a privacy issue. Do you have separate bathrooms at home? Easily fixed by individual b-rooms.

And we are NOT a muslim country now, are we? Are we supposed to be GRATEFUL that you don't treat us like the muslims do?

other than not recognizing gay marriage in some states, give us a list of the laws that discriminate against gays.

and yes, you should be very grateful that you do not live in a muslim country.

Well, unlike you, I would accept the SC ruling and move on. This is a minor issue compared to the real problems facing this country. See my OP.

The whole gay agenda gets much more attention than it is due. I think part of that is to take the attention from the real mess that obama and the libs have created both domestically and internationally.
If they decide against gay marriage, of course you will. :lol:

We would work for a representation to win the next time...just like those for integration worked after Plessy v Ferguson for a case with proof that separate but equal did not work...it took a while, over 50 years...but Brown v Board of Ed was a success. If you ever take the time to study that case, it was a long, careful process to find just the case to PROVE that Plessy v Ferguson was a bad decision................using PROOF, not emotion like you like to go on about.

Why should there be a "next time" ? Earlier you said that SC rulings were final and we all had to live by them. So now you don't accept the constitutional role of the SC?

If they decide against gay marriage, of course you will. :lol:

I said I would accept it either way. Will you?

other than not recognizing gay marriage in some states, give us a list of the laws that discriminate against gays.

and yes, you should be very grateful that you do not live in a muslim country.
LGBT rights in the United States - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

LGBT employment discrimination in the United States - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

a few sources....yes I know it's Wiki, but it gives links to the original sources for all the states.

Why should there be a "next time" ? Earlier you said that SC rulings were final and we all had to live by them. So now you don't accept the constitutional role of the SC?
SCOTUS laws are final for ever and ever and ever? Where have I made that comment. Dred Scott wasn't forever. Plessy v. Ferguson wasn't forever. But while Dred Scott ended with the war and the 13th/14th/15th amendments, Plessy ended with a well thought out legal case in Brown v. Board of Ed. SCOTUS cases aren't final IF those opposed LEARN from decisions and can make their case....AND (this is important) the SCOTUS is willing to rehear such a case. SCOTUS decisions are final up until that point, which may never happen.

I totally accept the Constitutional role of the SCOTUS...but, unlike you...I know how the law works.

Forum List

Back