I find all the hysteria over the pope to be completely Ludacris

I think it is better that people get bent out of shape for a Pope than for a bunch of millionaire athletes who play a children's game for a living. Some time in February, there will be an NFL city (probably Atlanta) where a million people line the street to get a look at football players.

That persons line up to show their appreciation, their love, and sometimes just gawk at a man who heads a church that clothes the naked, feeds the hungry and ministers to the sick and infirmed is somewhat refreshing.

The premise is laughable; that there is some angel who determines all happenings on earth is hilarious; true. But the difference that churches make in people's life is real.

I think it is better that people get bent out of shape for a Pope than for a bunch of millionaire athletes who play a children's game for a living. Some time in February, there will be an NFL city (probably Atlanta) where a million people line the street to get a look at football players.

That persons line up to show their appreciation, their love, and sometimes just gawk at a man who heads a church that clothes the naked, feeds the hungry and ministers to the sick and infirmed is somewhat refreshing.

The premise is laughable; that there is some angel who determines all happenings on earth is hilarious; true. But the difference that churches make in people's life is real.
It's moronic to get fanatical about ANY human being OR animal

Or any mythical god man in a primitive book

No, it isn't. It's a matter of degrees of your fanaticism. The same things that motivate some to put $5 in the collection plate on Sunday also motivate some to be anti-Semite. Its a matter of degrees.

If you're a fan of the Catholic church, like what the diocese has done in your community, or perhaps what they have done for your family, showing thanks to the head of that church is appropriate. Should you torch a synagogue to show it? No.

I think it's awesome that people have faith and something they believe in. If the Pope doesn't move you, that's fine also. But why the need to criticize is beyond me.

You know, that's exactly right.The pope is in fact the chief in charge moving people in the spiritual scene..And he's accomplished that in a really big way compared to the pope's that came before him, during my life time.

The Pope is the human conduit to God in the Roman Catholic faith. is not ludicrous that people freak out over him notwithstanding any character flaws he may have. I mean, it IS pretty stupid that they do this if you are coming at it from the point of view that supernaturalism is absurd,like I do. But from an objective standpoint it makes sense that people who are Roman Catholic have a shit fit over the Jesuit shit coming here.

Personally I think we ought to arrest and jail the prick for his attempts to destabilize our nation with all this bullshit about how capitalist systems are corrupt. The beaners will get pissed off, but fuck them. Once we get rid of those fucking leaf blowers crime will decline and our aggregate IQ will rise. Perhaps we can jail the Puss Head Pontiff and ransom him to the beaners: get out and we will give you the Jesuit!

Shit dude!

Your obvious hatred for Christianity coupled with that short sighted narrow minded point of view you look at the world from has left you a full blown cripple, intellectually speaking.

And whoever told you that capitalism was the answer to everything got it all wrong.

Forum List

Back