*I Drive Slow On Freeways 55 MPH*

Sorry bout that,

1. Just saw on the local news many truck wrecks in DFW.
2. Truckers are the new undrunk drunk drivers killing people with their big rigs and then claiming they didn't see the car go up under their rigs.
3. I'm not old, in 50's I don't consider that old, some are old at 45 not me.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Anyone driving one mile per hour over the speed limit should be ticketed, repeat offenses should result in loss of driving privileges.

Chesswarsnow I didn't me to flip you off the other day. I thought it was some old dude in a van. :eusa_whistle:
That coulda been me. I drive a gray Toyota van and someone gave me the bird the other day on I 30 between Arlington and Grand Prairie. I don't take it personal though. I get that all the time from those Yankee Democrats from Dallas County. I just assume it's because I have North Carolina plates.

Sorry bout that,

1. So here I go, tooling along the freeway in my 1900's Toyota van, in the slow lane just rocking and a rolling along listening to some tunes going down the freeway at my usual legal speed, 55 MPH legal coast to coast, in the far right lane doing my thang,...
2. But you know what?
3. Speeding drivers ride up in my ass, then slow down to hug my bumper then they blow by me yelling shit, some times honking, even big rigs, they honk me, pulling their fucking hair out and cut me off, to take back my slow lane, like I give a fuck!
4. The other lanes are open to them, usually, but they fly up to me in the slow lane, I watch these morons as they approach, wondering if this jackass will ram me, and if they do they going to get a surprise too.
5. They complain when people do 55 MPH, in the fast lane, and complain if I go 55 mph in the slow lane, fuck all you dumb bastards in a hurry to die on the freeways!:badgrin:
6. Your turn go, explain why I should be speeding like these crazy bastards?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

That was you?

Dude..stay off my road.

Sorry bout that,

1. So here I go, tooling along the freeway in my 1900's Toyota van, in the slow lane just rocking and a rolling along listening to some tunes going down the freeway at my usual legal speed, 55 MPH legal coast to coast, in the far right lane doing my thang,...
2. But you know what?
3. Speeding drivers ride up in my ass, then slow down to hug my bumper then they blow by me yelling shit, some times honking, even big rigs, they honk me, pulling their fucking hair out and cut me off, to take back my slow lane, like I give a fuck!
4. The other lanes are open to them, usually, but they fly up to me in the slow lane, I watch these morons as they approach, wondering if this jackass will ram me, and if they do they going to get a surprise too.
5. They complain when people do 55 MPH, in the fast lane, and complain if I go 55 mph in the slow lane, fuck all you dumb bastards in a hurry to die on the freeways!:badgrin:
6. Your turn go, explain why I should be speeding like these crazy bastards?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
I drive 55 a lot, too, for reasons of thrift. Would it make a difference if you drove 55 in the second to the rightest lane? That way, the trucks could stay in their own lane along with transient speed demons, and you could avoid the on-off traffic. Or maybe you already tried that with worse flak than you got on the very rightest lane. :dunno:

My dad taught driver's ed, and when he taught white-knuckles me, he said something like, "Never let the people in the rear view mirror drive your car, sweetie." I guess he didn't have to contend with today's drivers who often wear their feelings on their sleeve-shirts on the hottest days, too.

Just to make you all a little jealous, sometimes on the A3 between Köln and Frankfurt, I drive up to 200 kmh (125 mph). That's on the stretches of the A3 where there is no limit. But for more than 1/2 of the way, there is a limit and it is usually 130 Kmh (81 mph).

:D

I bet [MENTION=15726]Hossfly[/MENTION] and [MENTION=36767]Bloodrock44[/MENTION] can attest to these 200 kmh moments...

Last edited:
Just to make you all a little jealous, sometimes on the A3 between Köln and Frankfurt, I drive up to 200 kmh (125 mph). That's on the stretches of the A3 where there is no limit. But for more than 1/2 of the way, there is a limit and it is usually 130 Kmh (81 mph).

I bet [MENTION=15726]Hossfly[/MENTION] and [MENTION=36767]Bloodrock44[/MENTION] can attest to these 200 kmh moments...

Hoss was a speed demon. I did get up to 130 mph the last time I was on the autobahn. But I kept it down because I had my kids in the car. Was still getting passed by Porches and Beemers.

Chesswarsnow I didn't me to flip you off the other day. I thought it was some old dude in a van. :eusa_whistle:
That coulda been me. I drive a gray Toyota van and someone gave me the bird the other day on I 30 between Arlington and Grand Prairie. I don't take it personal though. I get that all the time from those Yankee Democrats from Dallas County. I just assume it's because I have North Carolina plates.

Doesn't that make you a relative Yankee in Texas? :D

I got a note on my windshield threatening to shoot me apparently because I used my horn somewhere. I think it was Winston Salem.

Sorry bout that,

Anyone driving one mile per hour over the speed limit should be ticketed, repeat offenses should result in loss of driving privileges.

1. Yeah give an inch and these bastards will kill you!!!
2. They start at thinking, hey I will go over just 5 miles an hour, that way the cops will over look five miles an hour,.....:bad grin:
3. Then thats where it gets dicey here comes old duffass on the freeway crusing onto the scene, lots of cars going 60 in a 55 or whatever number, so he wants to take control of the freeway so he steps on it to rocket over to the left lane, *where he belongs* in his stupid head.
4. But, he punches it a little to much and gets caught doing 75mph, in a 65mph and lands a ticket, then he is mad as hell, punches it leaving the cop and runs a family off the road by accident.
5. Yeah they all died, and he gets away with it because he wasn't drunk.
6. ***FUCK YOU***.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

1. Yeah when they crash and burn there they just bring a small road sweeper to clean up what is left, and usually not much is left.
2. Youtube accidents in Germany Autobahn,....whats left isn't pretty.
3. Close the casket.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
I drove home going about 30 mph last night. Of course, there was a cop alongside me most of the way and it was a 30 mph zone. City driving, not highway driving. I usually go closer to 40! I think the cop was probably irritated because he was all boxed in by all of us poking along at 30 mph and he was probably thinking, "You know you guys wouldn't be going this slow if I wasn't here!" I think even the cop wanted to go faster than that!

Last edited:
I drove home going about 30 mph last night. Of course, there was a cop alongside me most of the way and it was a 30 mph zone. I usually go closer to 40! I think the cop was probably irritated because he was all boxed in by all of us poking along at 30 mph and he was probably thinking, "You know you guys wouldn't be going this slow if I wasn't here!" I think even the cop wanted to go faster than that!

Cops here are the worst tailgaters. You'd be surprised at how many of them speed.

Sorry bout that,

1. Cops here drive *good*.
2. Use turn signals, obey speed limits, unless after some perp.
3. I think they do a decent job of manning the streets.
4. We got some female cops here too, seen a couple good looking cops as well.
5. Cops do make mistakes, and screw shit up, everyday, and they never say they made a mistake, that is a problem.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

1. Yeah when they crash and burn there they just bring a small road sweeper to clean up what is left, and usually not much is left.
3. Close the casket.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Hello, Sir James,

statistically, there are far less car wrecks on the German Autobahn, esp. on the parts of it that have no speed limit, than in the USA. Far, far less.

I would say that a good 2/3 of the Autobahn total has speed limits, some of them variable, depending on lane and weather, and controlled by an electronic board.

The other 1/3 are stretches were it makes sense to just be able to take off.

German cars are also made to be able to go faster, the tires are made for it and the brakes are generally more responsive, too.

In 2012, 387 people died in accidents on the German Autobahn; about 98 times more people died on US Highways in the same year:

Germany:

Zahl der Verkehrstoten sinkt - mehr Unfalltote auf Autobahnen - SPIEGEL ONLINE

USA:

U.S. traffic deaths spike in 2012 after tumbling last year - MSN Autos

82 million people live in Germany. 320 million live in the USA. In terms of population, the USA is four times larger than Germany.

Germany, in terms of square miles, has the size, but not the form, of the state of Montana. Montana is the 4th largest state in the USA by land area:

US States: Area and Ranking - EnchantedLearning.com

And is roughly 1/10th of the entire land area of the USA.

So, the USA is 10 times the size of Germany by land area, but has almost 100 times more traffic fatalities on it's highways.

Now you understand the meaning of my sig file.

Last edited:

I bet @Hossfly and @Bloodrock44 can attest to these 200 kmh moments...
Wow, Stats. You must love the oil companies to give them double profits. 125mph blows a lot of gasoline. 55mph saves you about 30% over 70mph. I couldn't begin to calculate 125 mph. Perhaps automobiles in the EU are more fuel efficient?

I did a car "tour" in high speed autos like the Ferrari.

It was pretty freakin fun.

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

3. Close the casket.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Hello, Sir James,

statistically, there are far less car wrecks on the German Autobahn, esp. on the parts of it that have no speed limit, than in the USA. Far, far less.

I would say that a good 2/3 of the Autobahn total has speed limits, some of them variable, depending on lane and weather, and controlled by an electronic board.

German cars are also made to be able to go faster, the tires are made for it and the brakes are generally more responsive, too.

In 2012, 387 people died in accidents on the German Autobahn; about 98 times more people died on US Highways in the same year:

Germany:

USA:

82 million people live in Germany. 320 million live in the USA. In terms of population, the USA is four times larger than Germany.

Germany, in terms of square miles, has the size, but not the form, of the state of Montana. Montana is the 4th largest state in the USA by land area:

So, the USA is 10 times the size of Germany by land area, but has almost 100 times more traffic fatalities on it's highways.

1. Wow thats a lot of people packed into that small Country, how you have room for freeways is beyond me?
2. I hope they drive safe on the Autobahn, and there are no *BIG RIGS*.
3. If they are allowed on the Autobahn I bet they are the ones killing people with their aggressive driving.
4. I have never been to Germany but my internet buddy Hans from Germany says he left for Taiwan because its too freaking expensive there, and he is rich, still he does not want to bleed out his cash in that economy.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

*I Drive Slow On Freeways 55 MPH*

If you are on a multi lane freeway and are driving in the far right lanes, faster drivers must move left.

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

3. Close the casket.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Hello, Sir James,

Germany:

USA:

1. Wow thats a lot of people packed into that small Country, how you have room for freeways is beyond me?
3. If they are allowed on the Autobahn I bet they are the ones killing people with their aggressive driving.
4. I have never been to Germany but my internet buddy Hans from Germany says he left for Taiwan because its too freaking expensive there, and he is rich, still he does not want to bleed out his cash in that economy.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

The best economy in Europe.

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

3. Close the casket.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Hello, Sir James,

Germany:

USA:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
It's much safer driving in Germany at extremely high speeds. Nobody, but nobody hogs the left lane. Trucks are heavily regulated and don't pass each other like in the U.S. There's an old axiom that 99.99% of drivers obey and that is "Fahren Rechts" and you had better obey. One more thing; if you are driving in the left lane at any speed and you see flashing headlights in your rear view mirror a mile back, you had best get in the right lane as fast as possible or we will read about it in the paper or see it on the news along with the address to send flowers.

Forum List

Back