Wow, I guess I shouldn't...

Kooshdakhaa

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2011
Alaska
post on here about how I held a gun to my head the other night. Just, experimentally, you know, to see how it felt? I was thinking about talking about some of my problems right now, about how sad and depressed I am, thinking I might get some words of wisdom or comfort.

But seeing the way y'all treated Gracie, well, I guess I'd better not.

On the other hand, bring it on. I seem too weak to go through with it, maybe with your cruel remarks you can give me some incentive.

Last edited:
I think it is normal to feel depressed after losing a pet you loved and cherished as much as you do yours, Kooshda. I do not think it was wise to put the gun to your head because you are acting out something you are thinking about on some level. Our thoughts become our behaviors. It does not shock me that you did such a thing. The healthiest thing you could possibly do is talk about it and get it out in the open. I'm here by board or email if you want to talk privately.

You are going through a depression. THROUGH IT. You are not going to live here forever. You need to come to terms with one important fact. I believe your dog is in heaven enjoying perfect health, perfect weather, perfect beauty - green grass, crystal rivers - utter beauty such as we cannot fathom - why would you ever want her back here on this earth in her state of suffering? You wouldn't. You are not thinking straight about this.

She is now enjoying her health and one day - by believing on God - you'll be there with her but not this way. You've got a purpose on this earth and it isn't finished. You need to be here for others who are going to go through the same thing you did - you will be a better support than someone who hadn't suffered the loss. You will understand it personally because you've gone through it. You will heal by helping others and giving yourself time and a new purpose for being here.

You have many special gifts, just as Gracie does. You are both assets to the board and if either of you left you'd be missed and no one else could replace either of your personalities. You have to change the direction of your focus, Kooshda.

Your depression is not you. The real you is fighting it. The real you is the one writing here tonight. That is you. You are going to pull through this. You will. - Jeri

Last edited:
post on here about how I held a gun to my head the other night. Just, experimentally, you know, to see how it felt? I was thinking about talking about some of my problems right now, about how sad and depressed I am, thinking I might get some words of wisdom or comfort.

On the other hand, bring it on. I seem too weak to go through with it, maybe with your cruel remarks you can give me some incentive.

:smiliehug: You are loved.

Get some help please!! Call 911. I'm serious. Do it!! You need the help of professionals. Anybody that holds a gun to their head needs some professional help. I've been depressed before. Seriously depressed. I know what I'm talking about. Depression to the point of putting a gun to your head is cause for serious alarm.

Well I am not on Alaska time so I have to call it a day now. I expect to get an answer tomorrow. (A note to others, perhaps every knows Kooshdakhaa better than I do but everyone so for have has made statements and given her advice. Maybe she would just like someone to talk with.) Love you, Kooshdakhaa. I will check the thread in the morning. Sorry I can't stay and chat.

We need a few details to be cruel.

Perhaps you could let us know something about your weight?

Biggest Fear?

Penis Size?

hang in there it will pass

feel free to pm me if you need to vent

i will keep all confidential

Well I am not on Alaska time so I have to call it a day now. I expect to get an answer tomorrow. (A note to others, perhaps every knows Kooshdakhaa better than I do but everyone so for have has made statements and given her advice. Maybe she would just like someone to talk with.) Love you, Kooshdakhaa. I will check the thread in the morning. Sorry I can't stay and chat.

I'm on Georgia time. She can call me anytime of the night. I sent her my phone number. She needs to talk to someone. Getting her feelings out in the open, talking about this is a sign about getting closure over her grief. There are healthy ways to do that and she needs a support group. Everyone needs a support group! This board is a form of a support group - when everyone is being nice!

Well its been an hour since the OP was posted with no replies, so I'm guessing USMB has miserably failed you.

Ironic, just when you ask for cruel remarks to "give you some incentive" everyone clams up.

:lol:

You need to seek some help, Koosha. I know you are depressed, but holding a gun to your head is not something you can shrug off. Its okay to talk to a professional about the loss of a pet. Don't feel ashamed, and remember that you have friends here to help you, should you need us.

To Samson - you wrote ----

We need a few details to be cruel.

Perhaps you could let us know something about your weight?

Biggest Fear?

Penis Size?

No. I wasn't impressed.

Koosha, put the gun away.

Life can always change for the better. If you pull that trigger, you keep that from happening.

I don't know you, but I care enough about you to tell you your life has meaning, and you're worth it. Stay alive. If you are depressed there are things you can do to help with that. If you sincerely help and care for others, it is said that that will life your mood out of the grips of depression, and I can tell you that that is absolutely true. People here do care, and are willing to help you as much as they can.

Koosh, you seriously need to talk to someone trained in counseling depression. It is something that doesn't go away on it's own, and you may not realize it, but you could end up doing something that can't be undone.

Depression is brought on when one is going through a tough situation and we don't nourish our body properly. Eventually, you starve your brain to the point that it doesn't think rationally, you need medication and counseling to get over that phase and start thinking right again.

I don't know you, but you are a human that deserves respect, support and encouragement, and most here are offering you just that, don't dismiss it, you will be glad you didn't someday.

ok hun...

here is the wisdom. You need to get professional help to deal with this situation and depression. You need to tell someone in your real what you just told us here..... you need to get that gun out of your house..... I want you to call the local suicide prevention line and just.... talk to them.

Here is the comfort..... You are loved. No one wants you to be in this kind of pain. Rant all you want. PM me.... PM others.... we all care about you. :smiliehug:

Get rid of the gun.

Please

Yes! Get rid of your guns. Or at least give them to someone to keep for you until you are over these thoughts.

You need to find someone to talk to, a professional therapist, a minister, a suicide hotline, someone.

You have other animals don't you? What would happen to them if you died? You can't leave them helpless without you. No one will care about them as you do. For their sake alone, stop thinking the way you are, stop the dark thinking and take care of those who need you.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back