I Don't Think Two Days Is Too Late, But This Is Too Little

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Annie, Jun 17, 2005.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050617/ap_on_go_co/guantanamo_durbin

2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Ok, that was Durbin this evening, here he was this morning on the #1 rated morning radio show:

http://www.hughhewitt.com/#postid1719

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
  4. ThomasPaine

ThomasPaine Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +66
    Dickie boy has been a leftie jaw boner for quite some time but I'm not sure what in blue blazes he was trying to accomplish with his putrid statement. Trying to slam the President, sure, that's a dem given. But comparing Gitmo to the Nazi death camps, or the gulags of Stalin, was unjust.. I want him to make public that "memo" that he was merely "reading from". I really don't see that it matters if he was quoting another or speaking extemporaniously. The comparisons between Gitmo and the others is ridiculous. The people of Illinois should call for his removal. His statements were, and will be, aiding and abeting the enemy. If it were up to me he would be drawn and quartered, but I'm old-fashioned that way.

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    The 'people' of Illinois will not likely do so. In this case, I agree with Newt, the Senate shoud censure him.

6. ThomasPaine

ThomasPaine Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +66

does "censure" under the Senate rules involve any bamboo being shoved underneath the perpetrators fingernails, or perhaps, on the more accomadating side, maybe a hot cinder placed in the eye? Just looking for a little education in the methods of "censure". It must be some form of torture 'cause we Americans, according to Senator Durbin, are just a bunch of heathen, torturous, Muslim right depriving, don't give a damn about the world's opinion, yahoos..

7. Adam's Apple

Adam's Apple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +447
    Too bad revoking Durkin's citizenship isn't an option. Some of these people who delight in tearing down the U.S. should be deprived of their citizenship and forced to live elsewhere. Then--too late for them--they would realize what a great country the U.S. is and how, much to their regret, they failed to appreciate it when they had the opportunity. There is no perfect country, and there never will be. Forget utopia here on earth. If I lived in Illinois, I would certainly remember this "shining moment" of Durbin's when he is up for re-election.

8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I wish the Senate would try such tactics, but not likely. :laugh: Scott Ott would agree with the idea though:

http://www.scrappleface.com/MT/archives/002229.html

There are links at the site. (BTW, this IS SATIRE!!!)

9. Nienna

Nienna Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +333
    And I know Gitmo is not the Holiday Inn down there, but I don't think anyone has died down there, have they?

Durbin: No, that's true. In all fairness, they did not.

So no one has died….

no one has died there. We are providing basic care for people who are there.

No one has died, and basic care has been provided. OK. What is the problem? Am I missing something?

you have someone chained to the floor for over 24 hours in their own urine and feces, tearing their hair out as they go into madness

Okay, urine and feces are gross, but 24 hours and they go mad? Aren’t these terrorists made of sterner stuff? Are they being electrocuted? Water torture? Just being chained and stinky makes them crazy in 24 hours?

It's all the blogs!

Darn those bloggers! You mean people can get information from other sources besides the MSM? And maybe make up their own minds about things? How dare they!