I don't have to love the races

Don't go there man. Banjos are as racially mocking as watermelons. :114:

And WTF you want? Cowboy Troy Darius Rucker and Charlie Pride are in the Grand Ole Opry hall of Fame and Charley did more to end racism than Congress or MLK did.. Stop it with the "we made up" everything gigue.

No banjos are not as racially mocking as watermelons. Charley Pride did nothing to end racism. King got laws changed. Charley sang and changed nothing.. And why can't we take credit for things? You guys are telling us how you created everything..

Yes, Charlie Pride did advance racial equality. Probably not as much as King, and certainly not in the same way. Sidney Poitier had a big effect too. I'm sure a black man is a better judge of what made him feel belittled, but a white man of that time knows more about what was intended to belittle blacks., and what made him or the people around him start to change.

I will say this, Pride and Poitier were accepted by whites. The ordinary back person, not so much. As a black man who lived during that time it is not about what someone feels when you get what was intended to belittle. After a couple hundred years of that, you kinda know. Now again as a black person who lived during that time it was laws and policies that ended the overt practice of racism. Now the end of segregation did a lot to increase understanding but that was no done because white men decided, it was because a supreme court decision made it illegal Still fir years after 1954 whites refused to recognize the supreme court decision. It took more federal government intervention, the Civil Rights Act, Equal Opportunity laws. And really as I read many of these posts, and the fact Trump is the president, it's kinda hard to agree with you about what made white men change.

There was no one thing that changed the thinking o the majority of the country. Some things had more effect than others, but I don't think we would have come as far as we have without all of those things.

In terms of REAL human contact -- nothing better than sports or a coliseum full of crackers watching a Charlie Pride concert. The shared love of music and sports and actually REGIONAL HERITAGE in South was more encouraging to Racial healing than the the total of any govt effort.

Wrong. I know that as a white man you want to believe this because it's easy. However I did not think blacks sitting in the upper deck separated from whites at a Charley Pride concert is evidence of racial healing or unity.

Charley Pride did nothing to end racism.

THe HELL he didn't.. He's as significant to race relations as Jackie Robinson. Two shared loves helped to promote rapid racial healing in the South in the 60s. One was music -- the other was sports.. Charlie Pride was a country music god.. Changed the entire outlook on your black neighbors in the South.

Did you EVER study the history of Race Relations in the USA??? Apparently not...

I have not only studied it, I've lived it. So I think I can say Charley Pride did not do more than King and I can say that Jackie Robinson did not do more than King.

Neither Robinson nor Pride ever took on an image of confrontation. Not that MLK was known for that -- but he was fighting PERCEPTIONS of being a radical from tthe press, law enforcement even the FBI. What Robinson and Pride ACHIEVED was getting IMMEDIATE idolization and respect in overcoming barriers. And MORE PEOPLE actually HAD a personal "conversion" experience with these line-crossers than MLK did. And in a far more FAVORABLE light of those times.

When you can fill stadiums with crackers and red-necks who PAID to see you do your thing --- FAR GREATER efffect on hearts and minds than marching or legislation. What followed IMMEDIATELY was integration of sports and music. And IN THE SOUTH -- that's where folks socialize. Pride was VITALLY important in that process.

His record company did not release his picture for nearly 2 years. But he appeared at the Grand Ole Opry after several #1 hits and there was NEVER a back lash. He won that war. Went on to have 20 something #1 country songs on the red-neck charts with hardly ANY black support to speak of..

No banjos are not as racially mocking as watermelons. Charley Pride did nothing to end racism. King got laws changed. Charley sang and changed nothing.. And why can't we take credit for things? You guys are telling us how you created everything..

Yes, Charlie Pride did advance racial equality. Probably not as much as King, and certainly not in the same way. Sidney Poitier had a big effect too. I'm sure a black man is a better judge of what made him feel belittled, but a white man of that time knows more about what was intended to belittle blacks., and what made him or the people around him start to change.

I will say this, Pride and Poitier were accepted by whites. The ordinary back person, not so much. As a black man who lived during that time it is not about what someone feels when you get what was intended to belittle. After a couple hundred years of that, you kinda know. Now again as a black person who lived during that time it was laws and policies that ended the overt practice of racism. Now the end of segregation did a lot to increase understanding but that was no done because white men decided, it was because a supreme court decision made it illegal Still fir years after 1954 whites refused to recognize the supreme court decision. It took more federal government intervention, the Civil Rights Act, Equal Opportunity laws. And really as I read many of these posts, and the fact Trump is the president, it's kinda hard to agree with you about what made white men change.

There was no one thing that changed the thinking o the majority of the country. Some things had more effect than others, but I don't think we would have come as far as we have without all of those things.

In terms of REAL human contact -- nothing better than sports or a coliseum full of crackers watching a Charlie Pride concert. The shared love of music and sports and actually REGIONAL HERITAGE in South was more encouraging to Racial healing than the the total of any govt effort.

Wrong. I know that as a white man you want to believe this because it's easy. However I did not think blacks sitting in the upper deck separated from whites at a Charley Pride concert is evidence of racial healing or unity.

Sourpuss.. You always seem to flee to alt-facts, or alt-reality or just white bashing if that fails. I SAW that change. Wasn't old enough to buy Charlie Pride records or go to concerts, but it was music and sports in the South that LED in the Racial reconcilation in the 70s and 80s.

Sourpuss.. You always seem to flee to alt-facts, or alt-reality or just white bashing if that fails. I SAW that change. Wasn't old enough to buy Charlie Pride records or go to concerts, but it was music and sports in the South that LED in the Racial reconcilation in the 70s and 80s.
Racial reconciliation? When has that ever happened? The only thing different is that Black people can defend themselves without going to jail...(well most of the time) and whites are afraid of getting their asses kicked if they openly express their racist attitudes.

You are the one using alt facts. I've been here since 1961. There has been no racial reconciliation. And the only changes are that whites can't openly be racist.

Charley Pride did nothing to end racism.

THe HELL he didn't.. He's as significant to race relations as Jackie Robinson. Two shared loves helped to promote rapid racial healing in the South in the 60s. One was music -- the other was sports.. Charlie Pride was a country music god.. Changed the entire outlook on your black neighbors in the South.

Did you EVER study the history of Race Relations in the USA??? Apparently not...

I have not only studied it, I've lived it. So I think I can say Charley Pride did not do more than King and I can say that Jackie Robinson did not do more than King.

Neither Robinson nor Pride ever took on an image of confrontation. Not that MLK was known for that -- but he was fighting PERCEPTIONS of being a radical from tthe press, law enforcement even the FBI. What Robinson and Pride ACHIEVED was getting IMMEDIATE idolization and respect in overcoming barriers. And MORE PEOPLE actually HAD a personal "conversion" experience with these line-crossers than MLK did. And in a far more FAVORABLE light of those times.

When you can fill stadiums with crackers and red-necks who PAID to see you do your thing --- FAR GREATER efffect on hearts and minds than marching or legislation. What followed IMMEDIATELY was integration of sports and music. And IN THE SOUTH -- that's where folks socialize. Pride was VITALLY important in that process.

His record company did not release his picture for nearly 2 years. But he appeared at the Grand Ole Opry after several #1 hits and there was NEVER a back lash. He won that war. Went on to have 20 something #1 country songs on the red-neck charts with hardly ANY black support to speak of..

King changed laws idiot. Just because whites paid to hear a black man sing or dance didn't do that. You don't get to talk to me about race by using the white opinion of race relations in America. Understand?

I disagree. Commission is based on people liking you. If you are already socially disliked thats a strike against you.

Wrong, if you're short, that's a strike against you being a star in the NBA. Tall and lanky, that's a strike against you in the NFL.

Also, yes, a commission is based on people liking you. But, you can learn to be liked, how to make friends (someone might write a book on that subject someday) but I can't learn to be taller. I'm 6'3" now, no matter the exercise, meditation, yoga or anything else, I will never be 6'8".

Like most people, I hated speaking in public. I joined Toastmasters, became a Licensed Real Estate Instructor for my local, state and National Associations as well as conducting my own seminars and being on the Speakers Bureau for all those associations as well as being president for my local association and a District Vice President representing 17 counties.

Anyone can be a success in real estate but few have the drive and personal motivation. The year I was President of our Board (1,200 members) I did a small study. After three years, eighty percent had dropped out of the profession. How could I earn well into six figures for decades and they could not?

I disagree. Commission is based on people liking you. If you are already socially disliked thats a strike against you.

Wrong, if you're short, that's a strike against you being a star in the NBA. Tall and lanky, that's a strike against you in the NFL.

Also, yes, a commission is based on people liking you. But, you can learn to be liked, how to make friends (someone might write a book on that subject someday) but I can't learn to be taller. I'm 6'3" now, no matter the exercise, meditation, yoga or anything else, I will never be 6'8".

Like most people, I hated speaking in public. I joined Toastmasters, became a Licensed Real Estate Instructor for my local, state and National Associations as well as conducting my own seminars and being on the Speakers Bureau for all those associations as well as being president for my local association and a District Vice President representing 17 counties.

Anyone can be a success in real estate but few have the drive and personal motivation. The year I was President of our Board (1,200 members) I did a small study. After three years, eighty percent had dropped out of the profession. How could I earn well into six figures for decades and they could not?

A is right. Ambition and motivation have nothing to do with it. I used to sell insurance. I made the company sales honor roll all but 1 month. I got tired of 7day work weeks. There is more to life than that.

There is no requirement that, just by being born in the world, or being born in America, that I automatically must love all the races.

To be sure, that doesn't mean I have to hate them either. Just let me do what I want, and let others do what they want. Don't try to artifically mix or force things on people. That is when people react.

For example, when it comes to blacks, you have gone far beyond equality or civil rights. You are actually trying to force them onto us. If there is something that isn't black enough, you say, let's insert a black in here.

Funny, you don't say basketball or rap music or that inner city neighborhood is too black, and there must be affirmative action for whites, asians, and mexicans.

In fact, if whites try to move in, you say they are "gentrifying" or "expropriating". But if blacks move in to white areas or activities, you say they are "diversifying" or correcting some past wrong, or something.

We are on to your bullshit. It isn't working anymore.

That last sentence in your totally misinformed, racist rant, applies best to you. Your assertions are so stupid and ignorant that they don’t deserve refuting. I believe that you have posted on this site purposely, to sow division and to incite the racists amongst us. Now that I think about it, you’re probably a Russian bot. If not, you should immediately apply for the position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Racial reconciliation? When has that ever happened? The only thing different is that Black people can defend themselves without going to jail...(well most of the time) and whites are afraid of getting their asses kicked if they openly express their racist attitudes.

There isn't a black person in this thread who doesn't FEAR racial reconciliation. It's like drug dealers living in fear of ending the War on Drugs. Without this (quote IM2) "there's never BEEN any racial reconcilation" --- you guys lose your mission, your brainwashed black superiority alternative history and ability to badger and spew your racism.

THAT'S why you don't see it. And why you HATE the fact that whites have largely enrolled in it. You're demeaning the 3 summers in college I volunteered for HeadStart because you believe I was co-opting "your kids".. Mad that YOU didn't get to them first.

I understand your desire to totally flat out deny racial reconciliation and progress. Just like I understand any OTHER virulent form of racism.

THAT'S why you don't see it. And why you HATE the fact that whites have largely enrolled in it. You're demeaning the 3 summers in college I volunteered for HeadStart because you believe I was co-opting "your kids".. Mad that YOU didn't get to them first......

Is that what he's so upset about? I must make him very, very nervous then.

Thats a really long winded way of deflecting from my point. I dont care what you do to better yourself. If people dont like you on sight its a strike against you. If you indeed did Toast masters and have studied books by people like John C Maxwell then you understand the power of first impressions.

There isn't a black person in this thread who doesn't FEAR racial reconciliation. It's like drug dealers living in fear of ending the War on Drugs. Without this (quote IM2) "there's never BEEN any racial reconcilation" --- you guys lose your mission, your brainwashed black superiority alternative history and ability to badger and spew your racism.

THAT'S why you don't see it. And why you HATE the fact that whites have largely enrolled in it. You're demeaning the 3 summers in college I volunteered for HeadStart because you believe I was co-opting "your kids".. Mad that YOU didn't get to them first.

I understand your desire to totally flat out deny racial reconciliation and progress. Just like I understand any OTHER virulent form of racism.
I dont fear racial reconciliation and I am Black so your first sentence pretty much killed your entire argument. I cant lose my mission no matter what because it doesnt depend on what whites do or dont do.

I appreciate the very few whites that do attempt to do something because I know they are at least trying to make things better. My belief is that they tend to fuck up everything because of their white philosophy. Hopefully you didnt say something stupid to mess those kids up at Headstart.

So you're gonna go nuts now? There is an in-between you know. There are some who feel as you describe, but it's silly to say that is the prevalent thought among all black people.

I dont fear racial reconciliation and I am Black so your first sentence pretty much killed your entire argument. I cant lose my mission no matter what because it doesnt depend on what whites do or dont do.

I appreciate the very few whites that do attempt to do something because I know they are at least trying to make things better. My belief is that they tend to fuck up everything because of their white philosophy. Hopefully you didnt say something stupid to mess those kids up at Headstart.

If I thought a large portion of black people shared your opinion, I wouldn't bother doing my part for equality. It wouldn't be worthwhile to work for change if that empowers blacks to advance a philosophy just as toxic as the one I currently hope to help change.

If I thought a large portion of black people shared your opinion, I wouldn't bother doing my part for equality. It wouldn't be worthwhile to work for change if that empowers blacks to advance a philosophy just as toxic as the one I currently hope to help change.
The only way white people can "do their part" is concentrate on making their fellow whites see and dismantle the racism inherent in this system. You cant work for change unless youre changing the system that caused the problem in the first place. Whites have done too much and continue to do too many things that show their racism is an instinctive reaction. Much like how whites did the NA's, Blacks see that whites simply cant be trusted as a group to do anything much other than steal land and oppress.

I dedicate this parody song to the great race warrior IM2. A person who can't SEE the reality of improved race relations in this country and has too much to lose by allowing race reconciliation. To ALL my black buds at USMB....

Turn your speakers up...

Shake You Down - Phil Valentine & The Heartthrobs

Idiot! Whites are in here like you with the same attitudes whites had in the 1700's..There has been no racial reconciliation. Whites like you want to tell us how we are to see this, but you can't. I see small improvements but when those like John Lewis and others of that era still living say that we have a long way to go, the junk you say means nothing. When Hank Aaron says the KKK doesn't wear hoods anymore, they wear suits, you can't tell me squat. When Harry Belafonte is in his 90's and still talking about how things need to change, you need to be quiet.

Forum List

Back