I Can't Even Read Something Without The Fear Of It Being Woke Anymore

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
Since Halloween is right around the corner, I decided to take this book from a little free library that looked interesting. It's called The Diablo's Curse about a demon who wants to be human (and be good from what I take it) and the author is Transgender. So this is what he says in the introduction:

"It is not by accident that in this book set in the 1800's, all three major characters are queer and two of them are trans. As bigoted legislators try rewriting our past and present by banning books, I strongly feel that it is more important than ever to write the stories of queer people in our past. Queer and trans people have been there since the beginning and we will continue on long after those legislators are gone."

Umm excuse me? I never even heard of transgender and queer until my adulthood and they certainly didn't exist in the 1800's and you don't have to be a history buff to know that. What in the world has the author (Gabe Cole Novoa) been smoking? :wtf:

Since Halloween is right around the corner, I decided to take this book from a little free library that looked interesting. It's called The Diablo's Curse about a demon who wants to be human (and be good from what I take it) and the author is Transgender. So this is what he says in the introduction:

"It is not by accident that in this book set in the 1800's, all three major characters are queer and two of them are trans. As bigoted legislators try rewriting our past and present by banning books, I strongly feel that it is more important than ever to write the stories of queer people in our past. Queer and trans people have been there since the beginning and we will continue on long after those legislators are gone."

Umm excuse me? I never even heard of transgender and queer until my adulthood and they certainly didn't exist in the 1800's and you don't have to be a history buff to know that. What in the world has the author (Gabe Cole Novoa) been smoking? :wtf:
how do you know that transgenders didnt live back then?......

oldSchool.jpg

• Banned
how do you know that transgenders didnt live back then?......

If they did then they were very quiet about it and it was seen more as a mental illness. Like I knew a man who liked to put on women's clothes and wear makeup when I was a child, but he wasn't seen as trans, just that there was something mentally wrong with him. (Btw, for the record I'm taking this book back as it's already WAY too fucked up for me.)

• Banned
How in the world would anyone of that era, regardless of their mental dysfunction, believe that they could be medically altered to mimic the opposite sex?

That thought was going through my mind too as we didn't have the kind of science that we do now adays for it and the terms transgender and queer are within the last several years. Alright so maybe trans/transgender has been longer but it's relatively gotten louder within the past several/few years or so.

In my quaint home town of Pittsburgh, there was once a famous personage, one Dante "Tex," Gill, who, among other things managed an infamous massage parlor (brothel). She dressed, groomed herself, and acted as far as she could as a man. Nobody was fooled, but nobody that I recall gave her any grief over her pretense. It was just considered a harmless quirk. Was she ahead of her time, or just one of a long line of trans-people who have lived in our midst for millennia?

So what's it like, living in fear every day?

You are in for a rough ride. Gays, lesbians, Two Spirits, and transgenders are not going away. You might wanna get used to it.

Or you can continue to whine about it.

You are in for a rough ride. Gays, lesbians, Two Spirits, and transgenders are not going away. You might wanna get used to it.

They were NOT existing in the 1800's though. How this book even got published in the first place is beyond me. You can't just make things up and call them a part of history. For not only is he trying to rewrite history for the purpose of his story, he even claims that it actually happened.

They were NOT existing in the 1800's though. How this book even got published in the first place is beyond me. You can't just make things up and call them a part of history. For not only is he trying to rewrite history for the purpose of his story, he even claims that it actually happened.

Homosexuality has been a fact of human existence for eons. Since before recorded history. Men in drag just as long. There are historical accounts of gender-variant people going back to 4500 BC. There is so much on this subject that you don't know it would blow your narrow little mind... Indigenous Native American culture has shown that within their culture there were collectively more than 100 different gender expressions. Five separate genders were recognized by some tribes.

So before you spout off about "not existing in the 1800s," do some research...

Homosexuality has been a fact of human existence for eons. Since before recorded history. Men in drag just as long. There are historical accounts of gender-variant people going back to 4500 BC. There is so much on this subject that you don't know it would blow your narrow little mind... Indigenous Native American culture has shown that within their culture there were collectively more than 100 different gender expressions. Five separate genders were recognized by some tribes.

So before you spout off about "not existing in the 1800s," do some research...

Funny that I never saw any of this in any history or social studies book.

Since when do MAGA MAGGOTS read?

Forum List

Back