I am an atheist.

Czernobog

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2014
Corner of Chaos and Reason
If you are hungry, I will offer you food.
If you are thirsty, I will offer water.
If you are cold, I will offer warmth.
If you are in need, ask and I will give.
If you are in trouble, ask and I will help.

I do not do this things in hope of being rewarded, or out of fear of being punished. I do these things, because I know them to be right. I set my own standards, and I, alone, enforce them...

...I am an atheist.

Sir:

I don't care how you arrived at a belief that doing the right thing was the right thing to do. Maybe Epictetus or Epicurus or Buddha any number of others--philosophers, religious people...perhaps you figured it all out on your own.

Congratulations...however, in any event.

But the need to announce you have come to know Good by way of Atheism, could be interpreted as implying that it is the only pure way to the same conclusion. I'll take Goodness from people without questioning how they came to think "Good" is a good idea.

A true Christian may do good in hopes of achieving Heaven {possibly/probably an illusion}; but a true Christian is also very humble...and practices Humility and does his good deeds obscurely--which of course means his has no need to brag on his Goodness on an internet board.

I do not do this things in hope of being rewarded, or out of fear of being punished. I do these things, because I know them to be right. I set my own standards, and I, alone, enforce them...

...I am an atheist.
You are not an atheist. There is no such thing as an atheist. There are those who acknowledge the truth and those who don't.

Sir:

I don't care how you arrived at a belief that doing the right thing was the right thing to do. Maybe Epictetus or Epicurus or Buddha any number of others--philosophers, religious people...perhaps you figured it all out on your own.

But the need to announce you have come to know Good by way of Atheism, could be interpreted as implying that it is the only pure way to the same conclusion. I'll take Goodness from people without questioning how they came to think "Good" is a good idea.

A true Christian may do good in hopes of achieving Heaven {possibly/probably an illusion}; but a true Christian is also very humble...and practices Humility and does his good deeds obscurely--which of course means his has no need to brag on his Goodness on an internet board.
I'm sorry. My post, in no way addresses Christianity, or any other religion. My post merely expresses the fact that I do not need religion - of any flavour - to develop morality, or to know right from wrong. one must wonder, since there is not a single word about any religion, in my post, let alone Christianity, why one would assume this was an attack on Christinaity.

...I am an atheist.
You are not an atheist. There is no such thing as an atheist. There are those who acknowledge the truth and those who don't.
Fuck off. Yeah. I know that's rude, but that's all I have for an arrogant dickwad who presumes to tell me what I do, and do not believe.

So, yeah. Fuck off. If you ever decide that you'd like to have a civilised discussion, by all means, let me know.

...I am an atheist.

Matthew 6:1-4:
  1. Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.
  2. Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
  3. But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:
  4. That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

My post merely expresses the fact that I do not need religion - of any flavour - to develop morality...

You are mistaken. Morality comes from God, not you. Let me guess, you support the murder of the unborn. Am I correct? Life that was given to them by God and you believe it's fine to murder them and, yet, you believe yourself to have full knowledge of all that is "moral". Right? You sir, are a FOOL.

...I am an atheist.
Fuck off. Yeah. I know that's rude, but that's all I have for an arrogant dickwad who presumes to tell me what I do, and do not believe.

So, yeah. Fuck off. If you ever decide that you'd like to have a civilised discussion, by all means, let me know.

hqdefault.jpg

...I am an atheist.

You sound like a humanist.
Humanists can be theist or nontheist,
Christian or nonchristian, atheist antitheist or protheist.

As for being atheist Czernobog
Do you just "not believe in any PERSONFIED god"?
Are you okay if people define God to mean
the forces of Life, Nature or the Universe?

Do you believe there are self-existing laws
of Nature or Life that govern our universe including humanity?

If you believe we share responsibility for collective good will
in the universe and among humanity, that's still faith in something.

Do you believe that focusing on good will and good intent
is better for producing good outcomes than focusing on bad will or bad intent

Do you believe that forgiveness is more conducive to correcting
preventing and understanding causes of problems or conflicts,
rather than taking a retributive approach with negative focus or energy?

My post merely expresses the fact that I do not need religion - of any flavour - to develop morality...

You are mistaken. Morality comes from God, not you. Let me guess, you support the murder of the unborn. Am I correct? Life that was given to them by God and you believe it's fine to murder them and, yet, you believe yourself to have full knowledge of all that is "moral". Right? You sir, are a FOOL.
Well, now, MACAULAY , is this the "humoility", and tolerance of Christians of which you were speaking?

...I am an atheist.

hqdefault.jpg
It usually does when I'm dealing with sanctimonious trolls.

...I am an atheist.

hqdefault.jpg
It usually does when I'm dealing with sanctimonious trolls.

Bully for you! Do you want a cigar or a blowtorch to light it with? Those that seek to do service for others don't feel the need to advertise it. Nothing takes away from doing good for others than by standing up and wanting recognition and appaluse for having done it...........capiche'?

Here’s a small sampling of his enlightened morality hierarchy...

Hypothetical no anti-abortionist will honestly answer

“Really?!?! A fucking racist poopooing plagiarism? Like you think talking about that somehow gives you the moral high ground. You will never have the moral high ground, you racist fuck! I could be raping a 12-year-old girl, while beating puppies...with kittens...boiling babies, and drinking their melted fat, and you still wouldn't have the moral high ground, you racist fuck! There is nothing more vile, disgusting, or reprehensible than a racist fuck you racist fuck”

Well, now, MACAULAY , is this the "humoility", and tolerance of Christians of which you were speaking?
______

He's got his moral rules, as do you.

I don't care what either one of you believe. I just sensed a bit of moral superiority in you....and a contempt for anyone who think differently...which has now been proven far more effectually than I ever expected.

You started this crap...your arrogance...and so you are responsible for all that comes after.

Sir:

There will be many people, on Judgement Day, telling God all about their good works. Won't do them any good.

...I am an atheist.
The fact that you feel the need to claim this to strangers on a forum either shows that it's false, or you believe other atheists wouldn't do the same. As a matter of fact, most people don't care if you're some form of religious or an atheist, we're all just people.

Besides, this was proven false months ago when I posted about a friend of mine becoming homeless, begging for help, and you were nowhere to be seen. Most people don't help others in need, the chance of being robbed is drastically higher than that of the person legitimately needing help.

Forum List

Back