I am American, and I respect Christianity.

"And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him: as well the stranger, as he that is born in the land, when he blasphemeth the name of the Lord, shall be put to death."

Leviticus 24:16

Translation: Kill the unbelievers

Not the translation at all.

By the way, that law never really got traction in ancient, or modern, Israel.

Funny, I don't recall Rudolph ever saying he killed because God told him too. Do you happen to have a link that proves he said this, or are we simply supposed to bow to your awesome awesomeness?

You could try keeping up with events as they happen so that people don't have to remind you of what was all over the news.

Army of God letters support accused bomber Eric Rudolph

Again, she proves herself to be full of shit.

In so far as? Eric Rudolph was a Christian. He committed acts of terrorism in the name of YOUR professed religion. Should I judge all Christians based on Eric Rudolph and Fred Phelps, yes or no?

I respect all religions....except the ones that tell their followers to kill the Infidels (us) because we don't follow THEIR religion. How do you respect someone that wants to murder you? God doesn't even expect us to do that....

The funny thing is, you think that religion is what this is all about.

The sad thing is you think it isn't about religion.

You could try keeping up with events as they happen so that people don't have to remind you of what was all over the news.

Army of God letters support accused bomber Eric Rudolph

In so far as? Eric Rudolph was a Christian. He committed acts of terrorism in the name of YOUR professed religion. Should I judge all Christians based on Eric Rudolph and Fred Phelps, yes or no?

Sadly, your link did not prove your case.

How many people did he kill? Any today? Are there Christians blowing up schools today for the same cause?

Have Christians blown up any Buddhist temples today in his name?

No? Yes?

and yet how many die in the name of your god ...daily.....

mothers killing their kids cause god told them too

etc and so forth....

mcvey was christian

Liberals love that lie, don't you? Actually ... he wasn't. Well, he said he wasn't, and I'm thinking he should know. This is why you deserve no respect. If you had a valid points, lies wouldn't be necessary to make them.

McVey had to be a right wingnut extremist Christian because it is impossible that anyone would actually resent the federal government killing a bunch of people at Waco because that was a totally justified exercise of the right of the government to take people's guns away to protect everyone else.

and yet how many die in the name of your god ...daily.....

mothers killing their kids cause god told them too

etc and so forth....

mcvey was christian

What garbage.

Why don't you quote those numbers? I can give you numbers (and they are high) for how many were killed by Islam yesterday.

PS..McVeigh didn't kill in the name of God.

everything a christian does is done in the name of god, crack ho

Like to see the anti-Christian weirdoes in full force.

I hope you don't lump me in with THAT crowd....
I am an anti religion weirdo.​
I respect the right of every individual to believe what ever they want - as long as they understand that I will protest to the point of violence being made to live under any type of religious dogma or law.

Like I said before... the problem with religion is that it cannot, repeat CAN NOT coexist with freedom and tolerance so long as another religion survives.

Once a religious person concedes the equal right of a different religion to exist, they render their own religion impotent.

Religious people by definition think that they are just a little more 'equal' than their heathen neighbors.

Christianity has lived next to other religions just fine in the USA for the duration of our existence as a free country.

Our freedom is winding down, which is why there are problems now. And the problems aren't with Christians trying to force their religion upon others...it's with others trying to force Christians to abandon their religion.

The real issue here is that for the first time in our history we are being forced to get along.

For the first 200 years of our existence, if you got sufficiently pissed at your heathen (or overly zealous) neighbors, you could pick up stakes and head west to start a new community.

The homestead act (the one that said you could have certain land if you occupied it) wasn't put to bed until the 1970's

EVERYone needs a lesson in tolerance.

^^crappola.

I don't do the relativism thing. People did not move out primarily for religious reasons.

Which, incidentally, doesn't encourage psychotic murderers.

There is a difference between traditional "Middle Eastern" Christianity and what passes for Christianity in the US today.

You will never see ME Christians shouting "let him die" and "applauding executions". You will never hear them saying, "Feed the poor and they will breed".

The religion as split. Their beliefs aren't fundagelical or Republican beliefs, not for the most part. Today's Christian Republicans worship the "Golden Calf".

You really need to toss out some of that trash and give that brain cell of yours some room for something new.

Sadly, your link did not prove your case.

How many people did he kill? Any today? Are there Christians blowing up schools today for the same cause?

Have Christians blown up any Buddhist temples today in his name?

No? Yes?

Of course it does. Eric Rudolph was a member of the group "God's Army". He blew up gay bars and abortion clinics. He did it because he believed (quite wrongly, of course) that he had to do it for his god and his faith. He was an extremist just as there are Muslim extremists in the world. No religion wants to be painted by the actions of their extremists. Why is this such a difficult concept for you? Do you want everyone to judge you by the actions of Fred Phelps? I know why you don't want to answer that question...it's okay, we already KNOW you're a raging hypocrite (as well as blindly Islamaphobic)

I give credit to Christians for being able to, however begrudgingly, accept living in a society with secular laws. That's probably the biggest difference between most religions and Islam over the last 500 years, and it truly makes quite a difference in the civility of a nation or region, imo.

Unfortunately, old habits are hard to kick.

We're still going back and forth about who should have how much of Jerusalem/Israel, a place that without it's significance in Abrahamic religions is nothing more than a barren desert with a nice coastline. If those involved could get out of the illogical fog of religion, they'd see a more prudent solution would be to ditch the shithole and move onto greener pastures where Islamic fundamentalism isn't threatening them from a stones throw away...a distance that's currently highly feasible to a backwards monotheistic culture that lacks the modern technology and organization to launch an offensive without it being directly next to them.

Unless you'd all like to support a modern day crusades, on your own dime of course. I'm sick of having to share responsibility for the actions of antiquated mindsets I don't share.

bump

I'm not wrong, I'm sure you read my posts before you even brushed your teeth.

Point is, you care. Deeply.

Forum List

Back