I am American, and I respect Christianity.

^

keyboard ranger

That's well-armed, highly proficient keyboard ranger, asshole.

:lol:

Rocky_the_red_ranger.JPG

If I ever got my leg that high I'd fall over backwards, that's why I trust firearms...

Since I never argued that, you're having an interesting conversation with yourself.

I said, and I'll repeat it for the cheap seats, I do no believe in painting an entire religion based on the actions of that religions most extreme spokesmen.

If that isn't clear enough for you, you'll have to have someone transcribe it to you in crayon.

You didn't make this post?

Or this post claiming that Rudolph killed because he is a Christian?

You could try keeping up with events as they happen so that people don't have to remind you of what was all over the news.

Army of God letters support accused bomber Eric Rudolph

I can keep this up all day, you are a bigot, admit it, you won't look near as stupid when you try to posture.

{sigh} He is an example of religious extremism. I don't think most Christians are extremist like him just as I don't believe most Muslims want to blow us up. Really still not clear enough?

Correct. They are not all extremists....Here's the rub...there are two billion Muslims. The claim is just 1% are Islamists. Ok, why is it that NOT ONE single Muslim Cleric ever come out with a 100% unconditional condemnation of the 9/11 attacks?
Why are 99% of the world's Muslims allowing the small minority to smear their religion?
Why are Muslims at the slightest hint of insult taken to such magnificent heights of violence?

I can keep this up all day, you are a bigot, admit it, you won't look near as stupid when you try to posture.

{sigh} He is an example of religious extremism. I don't think most Christians are extremist like him just as I don't believe most Muslims want to blow us up. Really still not clear enough?

Correct. They are not all extremists....Here's the rub...there are two billion Muslims. The claim is just 1% are Islamists. Ok, why is it that NOT ONE single Muslim Cleric ever come out with a 100% unconditional condemnation of the 9/11 attacks?
Why are 99% of the world's Muslims allowing the small minority to smear their religion?
Why are Muslims at the slightest hint of insult taken to such magnificent heights of violence?

http://www.muhajabah.com/otherscondemn.php

Muslims Condemn Terrorist Attacks
I clicked on the first link....CAIR...And here is the text....
http://www.cair-net.org/crisiscenter/html/cair_ad.html
Related SearchesNet TVDish Net WorkDish ProgramingCompare Satellite TV Services

Ads
DIRECTV® Official Site
Order DIRECTV® Today. Free Install. New, TiVo® HD DVR from DIRECTV®!
DIRECTV - #1 Satellite TV - Beats Cable TV w/ More HD & Sports
Stand with Elizabeth Now
Elizabeth Warren Needs Your Help. Sign up and Show Your Support!
www.elizabethwarren.com/sign-up
Satellite Tv
Here's All the Available Sources ! Latest news on Satellite Tv
Satellitetv.Anygator.com
Ford Explorer Forums
Explorer Forums at Edmunds Research, Info, Prices & More.
New Cars, Used Cars, Car Reviews and Pricing - Edmunds.com
Dish Network Deals
Find Dish Promotional Deals & Save. Limited Time Offers, Act Today!
QuickCableHookup.com/Dish-Network
From Big Dog Satellite TV
190+ channels - $24.99 mo/1st year TabletPC or BluRay w/New Activation
bigdogsatellite.com
2012 GRE Not Required
Find 2012 Graduate Schools - No GRE Online & Local Schools - Apply Now!
Masters.CampusCorner.com
The 9mm is No Defense
Discover What Military Operatives & The Army Don't Want You To Know
Close Combat Training | Self Defense | Martial Arts Training | Captain Chris
America Our Way
Are you a Conservative? Patriots unite: God Bless the USA
facebook.com/AmericaOurWay
Gun Control Vote
If Re-Elected, Will Barack Obama Make It Tougher To Own Guns? Vote!
poll.PersonalLiberty.com....
NIce try.

4) Notwithstanding the disbelief that anyone following the faith of Islam could commit such a heinous crime, we condemn the act regardless of the identity of the perpetrators;

From the second link...It seems there is always a "but"..
Face it, none of these people ever went public with this stuff. Never once have we seen an in person interview of a Cleric willing to go public with an unconditional condemnation..
In any event, the fact still remains that 1% of the Muslim world is being permitted to smear the entire religion...If you see nothing wrong with that it's YOUR problem.
Islam must get it's house in order before the religion can become mainstream.
End of story.

4) Notwithstanding the disbelief that anyone following the faith of Islam could commit such a heinous crime, we condemn the act regardless of the identity of the perpetrators;

Face it, none of these people ever went public with this stuff. Never once have we seen an in person interview of a Cleric willing to go public with an unconditional condemnation..
In any event, the fact still remains that 1% of the Muslim world is being permitted to smear the entire religion...If you see nothing wrong with that it's YOUR problem.
End of story.

CAIR's statement on 9/11/2001:

We condemn in the strongest terms possible what are apparently vicious and cowardly acts of terrorism against innocent civilians. We join with all Americans in calling for the swift apprehension and punishment of the perpetrators. No cause could ever be assisted by such immoral acts. All members of the Muslim community are asked to offer whatever help they can to the victims and their families. Muslim medical professionals should go to the scenes of the attacks to offer aid and comfort to the victims.

MPAC's statement:

We feel that our country, the United States, is under attack. All Americans should stand together to bring the perpetrators to justice. We warn against any generalizations that will only serve to help the criminals and incriminate the innocent. We offer our resources and resolve to help the victims of these intolerable acts, and we pray to God to protect and bless America

And by definition, releasing a press release is "going public".

• Thanks
Reactions: del

End of story.

CAIR's statement on 9/11/2001:

We condemn in the strongest terms possible what are apparently vicious and cowardly acts of terrorism against innocent civilians. We join with all Americans in calling for the swift apprehension and punishment of the perpetrators. No cause could ever be assisted by such immoral acts. All members of the Muslim community are asked to offer whatever help they can to the victims and their families. Muslim medical professionals should go to the scenes of the attacks to offer aid and comfort to the victims.

MPAC's statement:

We feel that our country, the United States, is under attack. All Americans should stand together to bring the perpetrators to justice. We warn against any generalizations that will only serve to help the criminals and incriminate the innocent. We offer our resources and resolve to help the victims of these intolerable acts, and we pray to God to protect and bless America

And by definition, releasing a press release is "going public".
Nice.. Guess what.. I don't but it. Ya know why? Because the terrorism still continues and the silence from the rest of the Muslim community is deafening.
What's disturbing is I have no issue with Muslims. I go to their homes for work. I patronize their businesses without hesitation. One woman in my neighborhood is a poll worker. She is an absolute sweetheart.
My concern is with the silence of the majority. Do they have to make a statement with each terrorist act? No. But the spokesperson for the local Chapter of the Islamic Center goes on talk radio here with regularity. He has never condemned 9/11. In fact he is very good at NOT answering questions.
Radical Islam Joins the DNC | RedState

I never said that David Koresh, Fred Phelps and Jim Jones were the face of Christianity. Just as I don't say that Al Quaida or any of the other Islamist Terror organizations are the face of Islam. To Cherry pick extremists and assign those attributes to an entire religion is asinine. Sure, Islam....at the moment has the most prevalence of violence...and you misunderstood me...or actually, I forgot to add something that I had mentioned in a previous post either in this thread, or other other similar thread....That in that region, governmental Theocracy is the rule, secular governments are the exception. Look back, you'll see that I at least alluded to that. But when religion plays such an important role in everyone's daily lives, it very easy for extremists to take advantage of it....especially with uneducated/undereducated people with tight controls on their access to information.

Sub Saharan Africa, up until very recently, was the epitome of regional violence. Perhaps you are too young to remember Idi Amin and his regime in Uganda. in short, Darfur ring a bell? How about the pirates in Somalia? the genocide of the Tutsis at the hands of the Hutus in 94? I am sure there are many, many more...I don't have the time or inclination to dig up a comprehensive list. In short....just because CNN, FOX, or the networks don't cover it....doesn't mean it's not, or hasn't occurred.

I see you still prefer to argue with straw men rather than actually address the issues. Since I did not say you said anything about them, I will just ignore your attempt to deflect and get back to the fact that they were all about religion, just like the extremist/jihadists/idiots that use Islam as their basis for terror are.
Believe it or not, there is a difference between sectarian violence and terrorism. Sub-Sahara Africa never flew planes into buildings, they never blew up airplanes, they never hijacked any planes. Can you explain that if we assume that the root cause of terrorism is economics? What about the terrorists that come from rich families and have the advantage of university educations, how do they fit into your socio-economic model of terrorism? Does it explain bin Laden?

Of course not, so the obvious conclusion is that the root cause of terrorism is something other than you are claiming it is. I claim the root cause is personal delusions and/or religion. Feel free to provide actual examples of terrorists that do not fit into my model.

No...you'd just rather call everything that doesn't hive with your conclusion a "strawman".
Why haven't sub-Saharans fly airplanes into buildings? Could it be that their perceived fight was more locally influenced? Could it be locally influenced, because of a lack of marketable resources, the Western world has pretty much left them alone?

Your model is based upon your beliefs and personal thoughts.

The Bin Ladens of the world are evil....their followers aren't necessarily so. You mentioned Jonestown and Koresh....Do you think that all of those people were evil, or just their leader?...Better yet, do you believe all those people insane, or just brainwashed?

Just because, religion is the tool of these particular radicals, doesn't necessarily mean that the religion itself is to blame. That would exactly like using Koresh, Jones, Phelps, and other Christian influenced madmen and assigning those examples to the entire religion...my religion. I hate no man....I don't want ill upon anyone...there are many more of people like me than there are Koreshes and Joneses. Same goes with Islam.

When you pointed out that you never said David Koresh was the face of Christianity you were not reaching a conclusion, that was your attempt to argue against a position I never took. That is, by definition, a straw man.

Let me spell out the obvious to you here, it doesn't matter if the followers of an evil man follow him because they are evil, or if they do it because they are confused. What matters is what they do, and people who kill because an evil man tells them to are committing acts of evil, even if they think they have a good reason. Good intentions do not excuse murder in my book, even if it does in yours.

Strangely enough, I agree with you that people misusing religion does not mean the religion is to blame. Unlike you, I am actually willing to dig into the religion and find out if it is to blame for the evil acts that people commit when they use it as an excuse. Yes, that includes my religion.

Did you know that Muslims are told not to have friends who are non believers? That they cannot believe anything a non believer says? If a religion says that everyone who does not believe it never tell the truth and that anyone who follows it cannot be a friend with a non believer do you think it might just have problems accepting that the rest of the world is different?

Go ahead, defend a religion that calls you a liar, it amuses the people that believe.

Since I never argued that, you're having an interesting conversation with yourself.

I said, and I'll repeat it for the cheap seats, I do no believe in painting an entire religion based on the actions of that religions most extreme spokesmen.

If that isn't clear enough for you, you'll have to have someone transcribe it to you in crayon.

You could try keeping up with events as they happen so that people don't have to remind you of what was all over the news.

Army of God letters support accused bomber Eric Rudolph

He is not a Christian, yet you are using him to prove that some Christians kill, that makes you a bigot.

I misremember...how many of Koresh's followers went out and bombed schools?

How many of mothers left Koresh fuck their daughters? How many husbands let Koresh fuck their wives? How many tried to get out of the madhouse, but were detained by the "true believers"?

All because they thought he was the second coming of Christ....why did they think that? He told them himself.

Grow the fuck up and use the brain God gave you. Simple answers in a complex world are almost never even REMOTELY accurate.

Yet you are trying to claim the answer is simple, why is that?

By the way, have you found any terrorists that do not fit into my "simple" model yet?

I actually got TheInfidel to give me a half-ass admission that he wants to kill all the Muslims that hate to this degree. Of course I had to withstand his verbal assault for questioning his reasoning, but now that it's all out there and I've asked him to explain how it's logistically possible, his thread has gone quiet.

But hey, he's got bigger stones than KG, she still thinks the coyness is fooling everyone.

It's not possible. The best we can do is show the non-extremists that we DON'T want to kill them and get them turned against the extremists.

It happened in Libya after the embassy attack....going in there with our cocks hanging out is going to nothing for our long term prospects.

We've got to back off on the testosterone a little.

Tell me something, how does the Obama way, which managed to get the first US Ambassador killed in over 30 years, done for our long term prospects? Do you think using drones to kill civilians is that much better than doing it face to face?

Guess you didn't see the standoff and the end result.....or is it a case like Bripat in the thread involving mental retardation? So fucking biased that you just deny the truth
l?

You mean when the ATF roasted the Branch Davidians?

Are you saying that the BDavidians were the ones who..offed themselves?

Fuel containers inside the building? I'm not saying they did, I'm not saying they didn't. I don't pretend to know based on partisanship. They did kill 4 ATF agents though.

The children killed the ATF agents? Is that what you know?

He is not a Christian, yet you are using him to prove that some Christians kill, that makes you a bigot.

Who isn't, Eric Rudolph? Of course he was. Now you're just being ridiculous. He is and was a member of the Army of God...an organization that took credit for the bombings he was convicted of. The OK City guy wasn't, but Rudolph was.

Ya'll sit there and say "where are the moderate Muslims that condemn their extremists" (they're right here by the way) and you can't even admit that Eric Rudolph was a Christian.

I condemn the acts done in the name of the religion, I don't condemn the religion nor the majority of the people who practice it.

Except when the religion is Christian.

You're a bigot, and a hypocrite, and you support terrorists by attacking Christianity every time someone says anything negative about Islamofascism.

Forum List

Back