I <3 Elizabeth Warren

Just what we need, ANOTHER shrill nutty Democrat in Congress.

my gawd, you people will vote for Anything or Anyone if it has a D next to it's name..

Of course we know that, you all put a Inexperienced Mean Ugly Community Organizer in as President. How is that one working out for you?:lol::lol:

So, let’s recap: Liz Warren is at best exceptionally sloppy about both her personal finances, and the finances of the government agency that she oversaw. Getting information about either was and is as difficult as a broken wisdom tooth extraction – and in the case of Warren’s personal income, the real problem was getting accurate information. Because apparently Liz Warren doesn’t know how much she earns every year. Or she knows, but lies about it. Either way, she is used to making a ridiculous amount of money every year for doing… nothing really productive. Which explains her frankly puerile if somewhat passive-aggressive embracing of class warfare rhetoric: in Liz Warren’s world, the way she became rich* is the way that surely everybody becomes rich. And surely Warren knows, deep down, that she didn’t do anything to actually earn all that sweet, sweet cash.

Liz Warren: pig-ignorant about her own salary? | RedState

Sloppy? Hardly. BTW, do you always quote sadist bloggers?

Moe Lane
I am an evil giraffe. REPORT ME.

About

This is a site that I’ve put together as sort of the intersection of my two current obsessions: politics, and weird hobbies. Although you could very easily make the argument that politics is a weird hobby. Heck, I would.

If you’re wandering in here from the political end: hi, yes, I’m a geek. Never pretended otherwise, never will.

If you’re wandering in here from the weird hobby end: hi, yes, I’m a Republican. Never pretended otherwise, never will.

Either way, enjoy. Or face the wrath of my lobster minions.

Also, because we’ve had a couple of people try already: real emails only, please. And by “please” I mean “or I’ll just mark your comment as spam and go on with my life, singing tra-la-la.”

Yes, English can be a very compact language.

[UPDATE, 09/01/2009]: People have asked me, “What is my policy on acceptable comments?” It’s fairly simple: an acceptable comment is whatever I say that it is, and if I ever decide that I need advice on determining acceptability I’ll be sure to ask someone. I am capricious as a matter of policy, a bit of a sadist, and I play favorites. What else? Oh, yes: you are not a beautiful and unique snowflake.

That being said, I care a whole hell of a lot less about non-political comments than I do political ones.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Information for adults only:

Elizabeth Warren is an American attorney, law professor, and United States Senate candidate. She served as Assistant to the President and Special Advisor to the Secretary of the Treasury for the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. She is also the Leo Gottlieb Professor of Law at Harvard Law School, where she has taught contract law, bankruptcy, and commercial law. In the wake of the 2008-2011 financial crisis, she became the chair of the Congressional Oversight Panel created to oversee the U.S. banking bailout (formally known as the Troubled Assets Relief Program). She long advocated for the creation of a new Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, which was established by the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act signed into law by President Barack Obama on July 21, 2010. As the special advisor she worked on implementation of the CFPB.

Recognition

Warren was named one of Time Magazine's 100 Most Influential People in the World in 2009 and 2010.

In December 2009, the Boston Globe named Warren the Bostonian of the Year.

The National Law Journal has repeatedly named her as one of the fifty most influential female lawyers,

In 2009, the Women's Bar Association of Massachusetts honored her with the Lelia J. Robinson Award.

Warren has been recognized for her dynamic teaching style. In 2009, Warren became the first professor in Harvard's history to win the law school's teaching award twice. The Sacks-Freund Teaching Award was voted on by the graduating class in honor of "her teaching ability, openness to student concerns, and contributions to student life at Harvard." Warren also has won awards from her students at the University of Pennsylvania, the University of Michigan, and the University of Houston Law Center.

On May 27, 2011, Warren delivered the commencement address for the graduating class of 2011 at the Rutgers School of Law - Newark. She was awarded an Honorary Doctor of Laws degree and was conferred membership into the Order of the Coif.

you mean only one person has won the Sacks-Freund Teaching Award in the history of harvard law?

wow

you'd think in almost 200 years someone else would have repeated.

true, like being editor of law review, it's awarded on popularity rather than merit, but still... color me impressed

you mean only one person has won the Sacks-Freund Teaching Award in the history of harvard law?

wow

true, like being editor of law review, it's awarded on popularity rather than merit, but still... color me impressed

Your word for the day: twice

adverb
1. two times, as in succession
2. on two occasions

wow

Like being a super moderator. :eusa_whistle:

I didn't know Emus were that popular. If popularity were needed, wouldn't an eagle have been a better choice? Yidnar's the exception to the rule of course.

wow

Your word for the day: twice

adverb
1. two times, as in succession
2. on two occasions

thank you- omission on my part

a person of moderate intellect would have gotten that she won twice from the context, don't you think?

This is how Elizabeth Warren doesn't get rich on her own...she does it on the taxpayer's big-ol-pile-o-dimes:

The campaign for Democratic Senate hopeful Elizabeth Warren said Friday she had been paid $192,722 for serving as chairman of a congressional committee that monitored the 2008 federal bank bailout, three times as much as had originally been acknowledged.

The Warren campaign revised the figure following a POLITICO report on Thursday, highlighting the fact that the Congressional Oversight Panel, which oversaw the TARP program, has not publicly disclosed exactly how it spent $10.5 million on salaries, travel, consultants and other expenses. Warren said she now supports public access to the oversight panel’s records, though her campaign wouldn’t say if she plans to actively push to open up the records....

Elizabeth Warren's campaign revises pay from TARP panel - Scott Wong and John Bresnahan - POLITICO.com

Thanks for posting this.....

Like i said, this Maxist blowhard gets to have her bureaucrat job with her over inflated salary because of the tax dollars paid by these business owners......

She had moment of inspiration widely supported by progressives.

Is she maybe saying that her salary is coming from poor voters?

Or maybe that rich did not pay for those roads at all?

Ame®icano;4191686 said:
This is how Elizabeth Warren doesn't get rich on her own...she does it on the taxpayer's big-ol-pile-o-dimes:

The campaign for Democratic Senate hopeful Elizabeth Warren said Friday she had been paid $192,722 for serving as chairman of a congressional committee that monitored the 2008 federal bank bailout, three times as much as had originally been acknowledged.

The Warren campaign revised the figure following a POLITICO report on Thursday, highlighting the fact that the Congressional Oversight Panel, which oversaw the TARP program, has not publicly disclosed exactly how it spent $10.5 million on salaries, travel, consultants and other expenses. Warren said she now supports public access to the oversight panel’s records, though her campaign wouldn’t say if she plans to actively push to open up the records....

Elizabeth Warren's campaign revises pay from TARP panel - Scott Wong and John Bresnahan - POLITICO.com

Like i said, this Maxist blowhard gets to have her bureaucrat job with her over inflated salary because of the tax dollars paid by these business owners......

Well, of course the rich are the ones not paying their "fair share"..... :rolleyes:

Ame®icano;4191686 said:

Well, of course the rich are the ones not paying their "fair share"..... :rolleyes:

I got whole topic dedicated to "fair share" rhetoric. How much is a fair share?

Back to this thread, Warren is a nut job and whoever agree to what she said is a nut job as well.

Fuck it, Warren is right, how dare these rich people build their wealth using the roads and police security that welfare recipients paid for.......

I was at the fair today. $4 deep fried kool-aid. Poor people got money, I saw them buy that crap.

Forum List

Back