I <3 Elizabeth Warren

She didn't mention the 4 trillion that O has racked up in 2 and a half years.
She also didn't happen to mention what she did with the TARP monies that were immediately paid back by the likes of Wells Fargo and US Bank. :eusa_whistle:
Maybe Dingy Harry Reid does since he was the one whom appointed her to oversee the TARP bailout...

Man, she's definitely off on the right foot. She's got the wingnut media foaming at the mouth over her already.

Anyone who can get "everything you have belongs to the state" out of what Warren said has a serious problem comprehending English. :tongue:

Well I have 3 degrees and I didn't get that. What I got was that no one in this country has made it 100% alone, and that everyone, even the wealthy factory owner, needs to remember the social contract and his responsibility.

Right now, after a week in the hosptial in August, I feel like more of my 'hunk' belongs to Vanderbilt than me OR the government.

Cut the 'social contract' bullshit. I didn't sign any contract. I know what my responsibilities are to myself, my family and my fellow man. But, be clear, there is no fucking contract.

You don't sign a social contract. Do you think because you haven't signed the Constitution that you aren't protected by it, that you needn't uphold it? Yes, America actually has a social contract.

I'd further try to enlighten you, but I'm pretty sure I'd be wasting my time.

Well I have 3 degrees and I didn't get that. What I got was that no one in this country has made it 100% alone, and that everyone, even the wealthy factory owner, needs to remember the social contract and his responsibility.

Right now, after a week in the hosptial in August, I feel like more of my 'hunk' belongs to Vanderbilt than me OR the government.

Cut the 'social contract' bullshit. I didn't sign any contract. I know what my responsibilities are to myself, my family and my fellow man. But, be clear, there is no fucking contract.

You don't sign a social contract. Do you think because you haven't signed the Constitution that you aren't protected by it, that you needn't uphold it? Yes, America actually has a social contract.

So some people have to pay more for their protections under said social contract simply because they own a business?

Let's take Warren's comments about roads.

She says that a factory owner uses roads the "rest of us" paid for which implies that the factory owner does not pay for roads.

Now she says the factory owner uses the roads he didn't pay for to move his goods. But what she fails to realize is that to move goods over roads via truck one has to pay much more in taxes and licensing fees.

Now lets talk more about this "social contract"

If the government closes a road or a road is in such disrepair that people can't use it does the social contract reimburse business owners for lost income because the government didn't hold up its end of the deal?

You see the argument that somehow business owners don't already pay more for services than the "rest of us" is devoid of any truth.

So, that's the new mantra of the left. Every penny everyone earns is their's because they 'helped'. It is laughable.

Did Elizabeth Warren SAY "Every penny everyone earns is their's because they 'helped'?

THAT is polarized thinking from YOU. It is an illness.

You lost credibility by linking to wiki instead of articulating your own opinion... so yea, you'd be wasting your time... and I can guarantee I'd be wasting mine by reading it.

My favorite part of looking at this hole, we got in this hole, one billion dollars, uh, one trillion dollars, on tax cuts for the rich under George Bush. We got into this hole two trillion dollars on two wars that were put on a credit card for our children and grandchildren to pay off. And we got into this hole one trillion on a Medicare drug program that was not paid for and was 40% more expensive than its needs to be because it was a giveaway to the drug companies. That's just four trillion right there.
So part of the way you fix this problem is don't do those things!

I hear all this, oh this is class warfare, no! There is nobody in this country who got rich on his own. Nobody. You built a factory out there -- good for you. But I want to be clear. You moved your goods to market on the roads the rest of us paid for. You hired workers the rest of us paid to educate. You were safe in your factory because of police forces and fire forces that the rest of us paid for. You didn't have to worry that maurauding bands would come and seize everything at your factory... Now look. You built a factory and it turned into something terrific or a great idea -- God Bless! Keep a Big Hunk of it. But part of the underlying social contract is you take a hunk of that and pay forward for the next kid who comes along.

Elizabeth Warren on Debt Crisis: “Nobody Got Rich on His Own” | American Pendulum

Of course, she is the perfect stupid commie thinking Democrat. so naturally you and your atta boy pals would LOVE HER.:lol:

Clearly you know nothing about this woman, Steph..

Like for example, you apprently don't realize it was the DEMOCRATS who screwed her for WARNING them about the danger of DEREIVATIVES.

Nothing personal, but kneejerkingly factually WRONG responses like yours just have to be called out.

Warren, the Marxist douchebag has it backwards, fuckhead gubment bureaucrats (like her) exist and get to have inflated salaries and obscene benefits BECAUSE of these business owners...........

Warren, the Marxist douchebag has it backwards, fuckhead gubment bureaucrats (like her) exist and get to have inflated salaries and obscene benefits BECAUSE of these business owners...........

Oh but it doesn't end there. She probably thinks she is doing the world a favor taking the money form these evil business owners and redistributing.

So, that's the new mantra of the left. Every penny everyone earns is their's because they 'helped'. It is laughable.

Did Elizabeth Warren SAY "Every penny everyone earns is their's because they 'helped'?

Of course not! No CON$ervative ever quotes people accurately, but CON$ whine like little babies crying "out of context" when they are quoted exactly.

Of course not! No CON$ervative ever quotes people accurately, but CON$ whine like little babies crying "out of context" when they are quoted exactly.

Here, i'll accurately quote her to satisfy all the Marxist faggots:

"gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme"

or

"i want more of your money to put for you to use roads you already overpay for"

take your pick.....

Last edited:

When you understand what conservatism is, every argument they make leads to the same end.

Q: What is conservatism?
A: Conservatism is the domination of society by an aristocracy.

When you understand this and view their words, ask the question; will this lead to some form of an aristocracy?

The answer is always YES...

Liberalism is trust of the people, tempered by prudence; conservatism, distrust of people, tempered by fear.
William E. Gladstone

Funny how we liberate, while liberals ensnare people with programs to run their financial and personal lives.

No contradiction. Liberals always have been and still are the only ideology that consistently supports liberty. Conservatives consistently oppose liberty. Libertarians consistently oppose government, which they think is consistently supporting liberty but it's not.

What is liberty? Absence of government? No. That's what libertarians say, and what conservatives say when it's convenient to them (e.g., when the government policy or program under scrutiny is one that either helps poor or middle class people or restraints corporate power) and shut up about when it's not (e.g., when the government policy or program under scrutiny is one that directly restricts liberty, such as anti-abortion laws or laws discriminating against minorities). But it's only true some of the time.

Liberty is the ability to live and act without being held down by a boss. Exactly who the boss is doesn't matter. It might be -- in past eras very frequently was -- government; in that case, liberals want government restrained and subjected to rule of law while conservatives don't. (Or didn't. Another part of the dynamic is that what was once a liberal issue can become one everyone believes in over time, after liberals win. Which in the end we always do.)

Sometimes, though, the boss is a private, non-government agency. This can be a literal boss (one's employer), or merely a very powerful corporate entity capable of shutting out small-business competition, polluting the environment, and wrecking people's lives and livelihoods in its quest for profits. In a situation like that, liberals are the ones favoring government, which is the only thing capable of restraining such an entity, while conservatives oppose it.

Shorthand: When government itself is the threat to liberty, liberals oppose government power and conservatives support it.

When something else is the threat to liberty and only government can keep it restrained, liberals support government power and conservatives oppose it.

The CONSISTENT variable here is not support or opposition to government power. It's support or opposition to liberty. Liberals support liberty. Conservatives oppose it.

:bsflag:

Forum List

Back