hypothetical scenario- armed teacher

I've changed my opinion on this subject. The left so fervently believes that gun control is the answer. Who am I to dispute that?

Perhaps they know something I don't. So, having said that, I think they should ban all semi automatic weapons. By doing this, it should make our schools (and other places) 100% safe, correct?

If we ban all semi auto weapons, there will never be another mass shooting, ever again, correct? If the left wants to ban semi auto weapons, I want assurances that we will never see another mass shooting ever again.

You give me that, then yeah, you can have all of the semi auto weapons.

That's what they would like, but when another mass murder takes place, they will move to the next step of confiscation.

Could we get rid of guns in this country? Yes we can, but we would have to get rid of Democrats first. We need our guns because of Democrats.

If I go to my convenience store at night with my gun, do you think I'm worried about a Republican robbing the place? No. Republicans don't do those kind of things. Or if I go to my ATM at night, do you think I'm worried about a conservative wedging himself between the machine and my car demanding I withdraw the maximum? Of course not. Conservatives don't do those things.

So before we get rid of our guns, we have to get rid of liberals first. But since we can't do that Lord knows we've tried we good Americans need to keep our firearms for protection. Liberals are very violent people you know........
No no...the left insists that semi autos are the reason for all of the mass shootings. They haven't mentioned any other type of weapon, only military style assault weapons, a.k.a. semi automatic weapons.

By that reasoning, if we ban all semi auto weapons, another person will never die, ever again, in a mass shooting incident.

If that is the case, if we can save lives by doing this, then, yes, I say have at it. I, however, want assurances. If the left is going to go down the path of restricting weapon selection, then I want to know the plan will work, and that we will never have these things happen again.

Don't you believe it. After all, even if we got rid of semi's, we would then have to ban trucks and pressure cookers.

The left knows their ideas will not work, but it's not about if it will work or not, it's about taking steps to disarm America. Even if they can never accomplish that, they want to get as close as possible.

So within these discussions, I asked liberals if we both ran the country, would they accept my bet? My bet is you can do your things your way for three years, and if we never experience a mass murder, you can make all the regulations you want afterwards. But if we do have another mass murder with a gun, never bring up the subject again.

Nobody said they would accept my bet because again, they know their ideas won't solve crap.

Folks, liberals measure success by intent. Conservatives measure success by results."
Rush Limbaugh
Ooh, ok, so you're saying that if we ban semi auto weapons that it would have little to no impact on mass shootings? Man, and here I thought we might have a chance to stop the things. Looks like I was wrong, guess we are back to square one and have to find another way to keep people safe.

Aww shucks...

all the horseshit RW's are posting on this thread is why school shootings will continue to take place...

Hallway_of_Reading_High_School-900x450.jpg

you're the Athletic Director, you're in your office (front left beside the sign over the door) - you hear shooting and kids screaming for their life .. you open the gun safe in your closet, get your Glock 23 semi auto 9mm pistol and start out the door ... at the other end of the hall theres a kid standing at the bottom of the stairs with a semi auto AR 15 spraying shots down the hall in your direction as fast as he can squeeze the trigger, and bullets whizzing by you one after the other .. lets say those stairs are at least 45-50 steps, probably more... a lengthy shot for a pistol whatever the exact distance ... under those conditions, students running every direction, crowded hallway - could

YOU

leave your room, stay under total control,take careful aim and kill or wound the shooter stopping him from killing students without hitting and injuring any kids yourself?

Ive been around guns all of my life. I started shooting .22 rimfire pistols when I was 6 - .357 mag pistols when I was 12. I rate the degree of difficulty in that exact scenario on a scale of 1-10 .. 100+

what would you do ?
Could be a teacher may actually try to do something, unlike the armed "cops".

Last edited:

you're the Athletic Director, you're in your office (front left beside the sign over the door) - you hear shooting and kids screaming for their life .. you open the gun safe in your closet, get your Glock 23 semi auto 9mm pistol and start out the door ... at the other end of the hall theres a kid standing at the bottom of the stairs with a semi auto AR 15 spraying shots down the hall in your direction as fast as he can squeeze the trigger, and bullets whizzing by you one after the other .. lets say those stairs are at least 45-50 steps, probably more... a lengthy shot for a pistol whatever the exact distance ... under those conditions, students running every direction, crowded hallway - could

YOU

leave your room, stay under total control,take careful aim and kill or wound the shooter stopping him from killing students without hitting and injuring any kids yourself?

Ive been around guns all of my life. I started shooting .22 rimfire pistols when I was 6 - .357 mag pistols when I was 12. I rate the degree of difficulty in that exact scenario on a scale of 1-10 .. 100+

what would you do ?

In a panic situation like that every person running would assume ANYONE with a gun was the shooter.

all the horseshit RW's are posting on this thread is why school shootings will continue to take place...

Nah...they'll continue because liberals are afraid armed guards will stop the shootings thus proving a gun in the right hands is the solution and they cant have that.
Much easier to do bag checks on anyone entering the building....why wont dems adopt solutions oustide of their gun control mantra....

I've put out stats/links/etc on how bad police accuracy is at shooting humans WITHOUT kids around

YOU

what would you do ?

In a panic situation like that every person running would assume ANYONE with a gun was the shooter.

I'd think that the fact the guy wasnt shooting at them would be a good indicator that he wasnt the shooter.

Nah...they'll continue because liberals are afraid armed guards will stop the shootings thus proving a gun in the right hands is the solution and they cant have that.
Much easier to do bag checks on anyone entering the building....why wont dems adopt solutions oustide of their gun control mantra....
there is not 1 answer--you have to attack this from all angles to be effective
1 little thing won't work

Yep...they make it painfully clear what their true agenda is.

YOU

what would you do ?

Combat is the art of inflicting your will upon the enemy. Yes. It is a long shot. However. Same scenario. You fire one or two rounds at the gunman from the doorway while exposing as little of yourself as possible.

The gunman has three choices. Ignore you and continue on. Unlikely, but possible. Option two. Engage you. That means shifting fire from the running students and firing at your doorway. Perhaps he stands and shoots at you, perhaps he advances in that scenario. Either way, fewer children get shot. Option three. The shooter recognizes a threat and evades, which is to say he moves from the hallway to another location.

Option two or three you have just disrupted his plan with your actions. Now he is reacting instead of acting. Now add to the equation. Multiple armed teachers. Not just one. Your scenario presupposes that one armed teacher is ineffective. The aforementioned shooter may well be bracketed and cornered. Retreating up the stairs now may run him into another armed teacher. Any direction he goes may well result in his capture or death. You may still die. But IMO it’s better to go out fighting for your life, and the lives of innocents, than die helplessly.

A gun gives you options. Your mind can make the most of them. Without that gun, without those options, you are left with only two. Hide under your desk. Stand in the hallway screaming run and hoping to stand long enough under the hail of bullets to save a life or two.

The coach took option two. We call him a hero. I won’t argue that. However, I’d rather him have the option of fighting back.

My preferred weapon is a revolver. It may have been useless. It may have been useful. We will never know. What we do know is this. These mass morons do not attack a group of armed people. Nobody has ever walked into a police station like Arnold in the Terminator. The Feds despite having all the provocation in the world did not charge into the Bundy ranch. The reason is simple. Nobody wants to find themselves in the Little Big Horn playing the part of Custer.

What is painfully obvious. Waiting for someone to save you is a tenuous hope. If that is going to be our policy of defense. Then we need to bring prayer back to school, because we are certainly leaving their safety in the hands of God.

No, they will continue because it doesn't matter how many laws you pass, people bent on doing harm will do so, regardless.

My posts a few up were supposed to show this. You can ban semi auto weapons, yet, semi auto weapons still exist. They will still find their way into the wrong hands, and they will still be used in the committing of violent acts. New laws and new bans will not change that one bit.

The only way you will ever stop mass shootings is to physically have the military go door to door of every home, business, vehicle, and storage area in the country and physically confiscate every weapon. This would be an impossible task. Short of that, people who want guns will be able to get guns, and this includes criminals. There is no legislative fix for this.

If you cant get the the gun in there is no shooting...end of story......its not complicated and libs get to avoid having armed teachers on the premises

Add to that the chaos and confusion of the situation: students and teachers running in all directions, screaming, shouting, the sound of gunfire in the hallway absent hearing protection.

And we can assume teachers would be armed with semi-auto pistols, which require considerable experience and training to be even moderately proficient and accurate.

The idea that armed teachers can prevent school shootings is ignorant idiocy, resulting in only more dead students, shot by mistake by the inexperienced teachers who were supposed to protect them.
Why would you refuse training for the teachers? Nearly anyone can become proficient.

Last edited:

YOU

what would you do ?

You just have to try to get closer... to bad. if the teacher with the gun can distract the shooter just a little bit, allowing even one student to escape who would otherwise have been shot, then the teacher was successful.
one life was saved. even better, the teacher might actually shoot the kid if he stops to change a magazine, or even just turns his back.

In that type of environment could they not fit bullet proof doors at intervals so that theteacher could get closer to get off a shot?

Schools have steal doors. They can withstand gunfire until it gets quite close.

They'd have to be hella thick doors to stop a 5.56
This is .400 thick 4140 commercial heat treated steel.
View attachment 178802
Nope. Anyone that has shot a .556 or .223 knows that is not happening.

Forum List

Back