hypothetical scenario- armed teacher

If the cheapskate taxpayers will pay for the gun, ammunition, and a ten thousand dollar bonus to teachers who have access them everyone is on board. Also pay for full day substitutes for the training. Then at least 4x a month practice at a range. I'm in.

between grading papers, giving assignments, giving tests, grading tests teachers dont have time to do that job, and THEY DONT FUCKING WANT TO ----

live in reality for a change, your world is sorely lacking.

How do you know? Did you ask each and every teacher? That's besides the fact Trump never said make it mandatory. He said if teachers are willing to do it. What you don't like is the fact there will be many teachers to step up to the plate to do it.

Yep, it comes down to civilians taking an active role in protecting our own society, as police cant be everywhere at all times. And the fact is, having teachers involved could be a very well regulated and controlled action. Still, they don't want to hear that.

as police cant be everywhere at all times.

In this particular shooting, we seen what good the police were. The deputy stood outside the door listening to murders taking place one by one. He stood there for four minutes and did nothing more than call his buddies at the police department which I'm sure somebody else beat him to.

Now the officer thinks he did a great job and his union leader backed his claim. Why? Because he followed procedure.

Procedure is great, but there are times when procedure cost lives. A teacher doesn't have to go by four pages of procedure. He or she is faced with a crazed killer, and immediate action is needed to save lives.

Hallway_of_Reading_High_School-900x450.jpg

you're the Athletic Director, you're in your office (front left beside the sign over the door) - you hear shooting and kids screaming for their life .. you open the gun safe in your closet, get your Glock 23 semi auto 9mm pistol and start out the door ... at the other end of the hall theres a kid standing at the bottom of the stairs with a semi auto AR 15 spraying shots down the hall in your direction as fast as he can squeeze the trigger, and bullets whizzing by you one after the other .. lets say those stairs are at least 45-50 steps, probably more... a lengthy shot for a pistol whatever the exact distance ... under those conditions, students running every direction, crowded hallway - could

YOU

leave your room, stay under total control,take careful aim and kill or wound the shooter stopping him from killing students without hitting and injuring any kids yourself?

Ive been around guns all of my life. I started shooting .22 rimfire pistols when I was 6 - .357 mag pistols when I was 12. I rate the degree of difficulty in that exact scenario on a scale of 1-10 .. 100+

what would you do ?

With even the largest magazine with an AR, he has to reload after 30 shots, so then that is your opportunity.
The other thing would be to either scare him by shooting out a window, or quietly wait until he moves closed towards you. Those are the 3 best options I can think of. And likely one of them would work.

But I agree the one thing you would not want to do is risk hitting a student because the range is too far.

As I stated earlier, in our CCW class, downrange was highlighted repeatedly.

But let's just take another scenario: An armed teacher believes his actions could jeopardize students. He doesn't have the range with his handgun that the AR shooter has. So he ushers in as many students as he can, and closes the door.

Now the shooter is going room to room looking for victims, and he ends up in the classroom of the armed teacher. He's not expecting to get gunned down before the door opens all the way.

That would have a much better outcome than a teacher sacrificing his life by taking bullets instead of the kids.

Agreed, when a shooter like that enters a class room he might come in shooting but he has a split second to recongnize that the teacher would have a gun bearing down on him. Meanwhile because the shooter entering the room is facing multiple people in the room, his focus is diverted. this gives the teacher at least a whole second advantage and the armed teacher needs only focus on one person anyway. Gunman goes down in that situation.

you're the Athletic Director, you're in your office (front left beside the sign over the door) - you hear shooting and kids screaming for their life .. you open the gun safe in your closet, get your Glock 23 semi auto 9mm pistol and start out the door ... at the other end of the hall theres a kid standing at the bottom of the stairs with a semi auto AR 15 spraying shots down the hall in your direction as fast as he can squeeze the trigger, and bullets whizzing by you one after the other .. lets say those stairs are at least 45-50 steps, probably more... a lengthy shot for a pistol whatever the exact distance ... under those conditions, students running every direction, crowded hallway - could

YOU

leave your room, stay under total control,take careful aim and kill or wound the shooter stopping him from killing students without hitting and injuring any kids yourself?

Ive been around guns all of my life. I started shooting .22 rimfire pistols when I was 6 - .357 mag pistols when I was 12. I rate the degree of difficulty in that exact scenario on a scale of 1-10 .. 100+

what would you do ?

With even the largest magazine with an AR, he has to reload after 30 shots, so then that is your opportunity.
The other thing would be to either scare him by shooting out a window, or quietly wait until he moves closed towards you. Those are the 3 best options I can think of. And likely one of them would work.

But I agree the one thing you would not want to do is risk hitting a student because the range is too far.

But let's just take another scenario: An armed teacher believes his actions could jeopardize students. He doesn't have the range with his handgun that the AR shooter has. So he ushers in as many students as he can, and closes the door.

Now the shooter is going room to room looking for victims, and he ends up in the classroom of the armed teacher. He's not expecting to get gunned down before the door opens all the way.

That would have a much better outcome than a teacher sacrificing his life by taking bullets instead of the kids.

Agreed, when a shooter like that enters a class room he might come in shooting but he has a split second to recongnize that the teacher would have a gun bearing down on him. Meanwhile because the shooter entering the room is facing multiple people in the room, his focus is diverted. this gives the teacher at least a whole second advantage and the armed teacher needs only focus on one person anyway. Gunman goes down in that situation.

Yep...all it takes is one second to ID the shooter and put several rounds in him.

If the cheapskate taxpayers will pay for the gun, ammunition, and a ten thousand dollar bonus to teachers who have access them everyone is on board. Also pay for full day substitutes for the training. Then at least 4x a month practice at a range. I'm in.

between grading papers, giving assignments, giving tests, grading tests teachers dont have time to do that job, and THEY DONT FUCKING WANT TO ----

Oh puhleeze. Teachers have told me they have the easiest job in the world. The only work 6 hours a day, and grading papers probably takes up 2 hours a week, tops. They also have the entire summer off, plus all those teacher training days and all the other assorted holidays they get.

YOU

what would you do ?

The left hates common sense and logic. So they create these wild scenarios that a teacher is going to go crazy shooting bullets everywhere killing more students than the attacker.

An armed teacher or guard is not going to save everybody, but if they can save several lives, that's several funerals several families won't have to make. It's amazing that the left would not want to see this. Instead, their solution is age requirements for guns and stricter background checks like that's going to stop one kook.

This is why the left should never have leadership of this country again; no common sense. They want to try and disarm 300 million people to stop the next mass killing instead of arming the victims.

The great teachers put in 60 hr weeks. They read students needs and respond effectively. I love great teachers and remember many fondly. Many are not great. Make it an option. Then they must pass the same psych tests and marksmanship tests as LEO's. They must continue to train for the optional qualification they desire.

YOU

what would you do ?

The left hates common sense and logic. So they create these wild scenarios that a teacher is going to go crazy shooting bullets everywhere killing more students than the attacker.

An armed teacher or guard is not going to save everybody, but if they can save several lives, that's several funerals several families won't have to make. It's amazing that the left would not want to see this. Instead, their solution is age requirements for guns and stricter background checks like that's going to stop one kook.

This is why the left should never have leadership of this country again; no common sense. They want to try and disarm 300 million people to stop the next mass killing instead of arming the victims.

Yep, and of course as we know, those same "leaders" will themselves be carrying weapons by permit or have armed security, or live in communities where they never have to face realities the rest of us do.

YOU

what would you do ?

There are a ton of teachers that mail it in every day. There are teachers that rape children and believe it's all good. We need to be careful regarding how this is implemented.

Oh puhleeze. Teachers have told me they have the easiest job in the world. The only work 6 hours a day, and grading papers probably takes up 2 hours a week, tops. They also have the entire summer off, plus all those teacher training days and all the other assorted holidays they get.

My daughter teaches AP Eng/Lit - she gets up at 530 am, gets herself and two girls ready, drops off the 2 year old at daycare, and the 5 year old at kindergarten- she walks in her classroom at 6:45 , teaches 6 classes, leaves at 430, goes to a sitter and gets her 5 year old, then goes to daycare and gets her 2 year old, driveS 30 minutes home, does her chores- cooks supper, gets the girls ready for bed, puts them to bed, and usually grades papers or tests until 11-12 then she goes to bed after her bath/shower - sleeps 5 hours then repeats the entire process again the next day..

youre a fucking moron if you think teachers have the time to train or to burn.

never mind, youre just a fucking idiot, PERIOD.

Israel has armed teachers. How many mass shootings they got in the last 20 years?
Oh YEAH, none. And they are surrounded by Islamic terrorists! Why do we not see more mass shootings their Liberals?

What is up with a gun safe? The firearm really needs to be on your person and ready to go. I sleep with a fucking 12 year old cat and a loaded .357 magnum for example. The cat is no watchdog, but it will look up when there is an unusual sound and stop purring. Plus I have Arlo Pro cameras so the "cloud" will capture the action, but still.
:rolleyes:

The left hates common sense and logic...

As a socialist, my common sense and logic says there's something seriously wrong with your society when a deranged psychopath can legally buy a gun to shoot up his school because the teachers and fellow students were mean to him but he has to wait till he's 21 before he can legally buy a beer....

And then you also have a legal terrorist organization (NRA) that says the obvious solution is more guns so the victims can shoot back because that's what the holy founding fathers wanted....

:coffee:

Israel has armed teachers. How many mass shootings they got in the last 20 years?
Oh YEAH, none. And they are surrounded by Islamic terrorists! Why do we not see more mass shootings their Liberals?
"Israel has armed teachers."
That is not true. It is a completely false statement.

In Israel, "by policy, teachers are not armed....it is difficult for outsiders to enter an Israeli school. Most schools maintain only one unlocked entrance that is typically staffed by an armed guard.

It is false/fake news for pro-gun people to continuously say Israel arms teachers. THEY DO NOT DO SO, BY POLICY.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...5838ad0d77a_story.html?utm_term=.ed0df97b7c5e

Last edited:

As a socialist, my common sense and logic says there's something seriously wrong with your society when a deranged psychopath can legally buy a gun to shoot up his school because the teachers and fellow students were mean to him but he has to wait till he's 21 before he can legally buy a beer....

And then you also have a legal terrorist organization (NRA) that says the obvious solution is more guns so the victims can shoot back because that's what the holy founding fathers wanted....

U r drunk like this emoji or what?

The athletic directors door is on the left so it's a right handed shot.I don't even have to step out from concrete block cover to hit the base of the stairs as it's in the center. Body mass is two square feet at fifty. I take the shot!
This whole scenario about athletic directors is silly. The gym, PE classes, offices of PE teachers and department head are most often in the basement or in a separate building, not on the ground or second floor of the main building where the shootings always take place. No school shooting has ever taken place in the basement.

OMG, you totally nailed America!

Nah, that's supposed to be coffee combined with amusement

But I guess you disagree with my socialist observations about the murican gun obsession

That's ok though, I realized years ago that it's useless to try to convince 2nd amendment fanatics that "a well regulated militia" means something different than a free market gun shop on every corner

:banana:

But I guess you disagree with my socialist observations about the murican gun obsession

That's ok though, I realized years ago that it's useless to try to convince 2nd amendment fanatics that "a well regulated militia" means something different than a free market gun shop on every corner

If a psychopath wants a gun he’s going to get his psychopath self a gun whether it’s from the free market gun shop on every corner or from wherever else. That’s why he’s called a PSYCHOPATH

If a psychopath wants a gun he’s going to get his psychopath self a gun whether it’s from the free market gun shop on every corner or from wherever else. That’s why he’s called a PSYCHOPATH
And idk how you came to the conclusion that I’m a 2nd amendment “fanatic.”

Forum List

Back