hypothetical scenario- armed teacher

Hallway_of_Reading_High_School-900x450.jpg

you're the Athletic Director, you're in your office (front left beside the sign over the door) - you hear shooting and kids screaming for their life .. you open the gun safe in your closet, get your Glock 23 semi auto 9mm pistol and start out the door ... at the other end of the hall theres a kid standing at the bottom of the stairs with a semi auto AR 15 spraying shots down the hall in your direction as fast as he can squeeze the trigger, and bullets whizzing by you one after the other .. lets say those stairs are at least 45-50 steps, probably more... a lengthy shot for a pistol whatever the exact distance ... under those conditions, students running every direction, crowded hallway - could

YOU

leave your room, stay under total control,take careful aim and kill or wound the shooter stopping him from killing students without hitting and injuring any kids yourself?

Ive been around guns all of my life. I started shooting .22 rimfire pistols when I was 6 - .357 mag pistols when I was 12. I rate the degree of difficulty in that exact scenario on a scale of 1-10 .. 100+

what would you do ?
You're assuming the shooter is going to stand in one place. When does that ever happen in these scenareos? He has to move to get more victims. The second he does you can fallow him and then gun him down.
Why go through the trouble when you can just fold your arms and blink your eyes?

should have known internet message board members could solve an issue as complex as school shootings from a keyboard ..

:abgg2q.jpg:

competition shooting is done at half the distance of the pic I posted in the op

and those guys are professionals not teachers

G'day ...

you're the Athletic Director, you're in your office (front left beside the sign over the door) - you hear shooting and kids screaming for their life .. you open the gun safe in your closet, get your Glock 23 semi auto 9mm pistol and start out the door ... at the other end of the hall theres a kid standing at the bottom of the stairs with a semi auto AR 15 spraying shots down the hall in your direction as fast as he can squeeze the trigger, and bullets whizzing by you one after the other .. lets say those stairs are at least 45-50 steps, probably more... a lengthy shot for a pistol whatever the exact distance ... under those conditions, students running every direction, crowded hallway - could

YOU

leave your room, stay under total control,take careful aim and kill or wound the shooter stopping him from killing students without hitting and injuring any kids yourself?

Ive been around guns all of my life. I started shooting .22 rimfire pistols when I was 6 - .357 mag pistols when I was 12. I rate the degree of difficulty in that exact scenario on a scale of 1-10 .. 100+

what would you do ?

YOU

what would you do ?
How bout you use a real scenario...you're a coach and all you can do is shield students with your body....you can see the perp have a shot but have nothing to shoot with......

YOU

what would you do ?

YOU

what would you do ?
How bout you use a real scenario...you're a coach and all you can do is shield students with your body....you can see the perp have a shot but have nothing to shoot with......

I get as many kids in my room as possible and lock the door - then I call school security an give them the perps 20, AND START PRAYING,

but I dont shoot through the middle of a bunch of freaked out students.

one human body (the coach in your scenario) shielding a hallway full of kids isnt a real scenario ... sorry chump

YOU

what would you do ?

YOU

what would you do ?

I get as many kids in my room as possible and lock the door - then I call school security an give them the perps 20, AND START PRAYING,

but I dont shoot through the middle of a bunch of freaked out students.
He didn't have that option....hallway would mty out pretty quick when the shooting started leaving the shooter by himself

YOU

what would you do ?

perfect shooting lane to put down another rabid shooter

In that type of environment could they not fit bullet proof doors at intervals so that theteacher could get closer to get off a shot?

doors open into rooms not out into hallways .. something crazy like space management factors in .. if every room had their doors open and they swung out into the hall, you couldnt get a crowd of people down the hall in timely fashion ... pretty sure they figured that one out when they invented long halls ..

:eusa_whistle:

In that type of environment could they not fit bullet proof doors at intervals so that theteacher could get closer to get off a shot?

Schools have steal doors. They can withstand gunfire until it gets quite close.

They'd have to be hella thick doors to stop a 5.56
This is .400 thick 4140 commercial heat treated steel.
upload_2018-2-24_11-47-39.png

I've changed my opinion on this subject. The left so fervently believes that gun control is the answer. Who am I to dispute that?

Perhaps they know something I don't. So, having said that, I think they should ban all semi automatic weapons. By doing this, it should make our schools (and other places) 100% safe, correct?

If we ban all semi auto weapons, there will never be another mass shooting, ever again, correct? If the left wants to ban semi auto weapons, I want assurances that we will never see another mass shooting ever again.

You give me that, then yeah, you can have all of the semi auto weapons.

I've changed my opinion on this subject. The left so fervently believes that gun control is the answer. Who am I to dispute that?

Perhaps they know something I don't. So, having said that, I think they should ban all semi automatic weapons. By doing this, it should make our schools (and other places) 100% safe, correct?

If we ban all semi auto weapons, there will never be another mass shooting, ever again, correct? If the left wants to ban semi auto weapons, I want assurances that we will never see another mass shooting ever again.

That's what they would like, but when another mass murder takes place, they will move to the next step of confiscation.

Could we get rid of guns in this country? Yes we can, but we would have to get rid of Democrats first. We need our guns because of Democrats.

If I go to my convenience store at night with my gun, do you think I'm worried about a Republican robbing the place? No. Republicans don't do those kind of things. Or if I go to my ATM at night, do you think I'm worried about a conservative wedging himself between the machine and my car demanding I withdraw the maximum? Of course not. Conservatives don't do those things.

So before we get rid of our guns, we have to get rid of liberals first. But since we can't do that Lord knows we've tried we good Americans need to keep our firearms for protection. Liberals are very violent people you know........

G'day ...

Complete and utter bullshit.

where are all the kids running around in front of the target ???

Why would they be running around in front of someone trying to shoot them?
You wait until you have a clear shot and you take it.
It ain't rocket science.

G'day ...

Complete and utter bullshit.

where are all the kids running around in front of the target ???

Why would they be running around in front of someone trying to shoot them?
You wait until you have a clear shot and you take it.
It ain't rocket science.

And actually, it's Concealed Carry 101. Downrange is something they constantly repeat during the course.

That's what they would like, but when another mass murder takes place, they will move to the next step of confiscation.

Could we get rid of guns in this country? Yes we can, but we would have to get rid of Democrats first. We need our guns because of Democrats.

If I go to my convenience store at night with my gun, do you think I'm worried about a Republican robbing the place? No. Republicans don't do those kind of things. Or if I go to my ATM at night, do you think I'm worried about a conservative wedging himself between the machine and my car demanding I withdraw the maximum? Of course not. Conservatives don't do those things.

So before we get rid of our guns, we have to get rid of liberals first. But since we can't do that Lord knows we've tried we good Americans need to keep our firearms for protection. Liberals are very violent people you know........
No no...the left insists that semi autos are the reason for all of the mass shootings. They haven't mentioned any other type of weapon, only military style assault weapons, a.k.a. semi automatic weapons.

By that reasoning, if we ban all semi auto weapons, another person will never die, ever again, in a mass shooting incident.

If that is the case, if we can save lives by doing this, then, yes, I say have at it. I, however, want assurances. If the left is going to go down the path of restricting weapon selection, then I want to know the plan will work, and that we will never have these things happen again.

YOU

what would you do ?
So falsifying crime statistics, and refusing to arrest High School students so the district can get more money didn't work; so what do you suggest?

No no...the left insists that semi autos are the reason for all of the mass shootings. They haven't mentioned any other type of weapon, only military style assault weapons, a.k.a. semi automatic weapons.

By that reasoning, if we ban all semi auto weapons, another person will never die, ever again, in a mass shooting incident.

If that is the case, if we can save lives by doing this, then, yes, I say have at it. I, however, want assurances. If the left is going to go down the path of restricting weapon selection, then I want to know the plan will work, and that we will never have these things happen again.

Don't you believe it. After all, even if we got rid of semi's, we would then have to ban trucks and pressure cookers.

The left knows their ideas will not work, but it's not about if it will work or not, it's about taking steps to disarm America. Even if they can never accomplish that, they want to get as close as possible.

So within these discussions, I asked liberals if we both ran the country, would they accept my bet? My bet is you can do your things your way for three years, and if we never experience a mass murder, you can make all the regulations you want afterwards. But if we do have another mass murder with a gun, never bring up the subject again.

Nobody said they would accept my bet because again, they know their ideas won't solve crap.

Folks, liberals measure success by intent. Conservatives measure success by results."
Rush Limbaugh

Forum List

Back