Hyphenated last names...for women

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Cp said:
What do you mean that's not a good example?

Are ya sure?

Did I say anything that infers a husband should force their wive's into "relations"?

Looks to me like you're awfully defensive on this issue - we can't help it your daughter didn't do the "proper traditional" thing of taking her husbands' last name. So why do you take it out on us?

I am sure...you posted the Biblical quote...notice...a woman must submitt to"EVERYTHING"...are we splitting hairs or are you backpeddling...
For your info my daughter is a great provider for the kids...can't say the same for the hubby...anymore stupid comments?or are you defensive?

freeandfun1 said:
You should learn to read.

25Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

Where does it say to ignore your wife's wishes? What is up with you and your thinking only YOU know anything? When you get called on it, you claim "humor".

I read just fine...thank you...you my friend need a vacation...I know times are rough in the business world today...alot of stress...you are the one who said you only listen to Savage on the way home from work...only twenty minutes or so..I was just kidding when I said I would buy you a new radio if you needed one...and now you and cp are going off on Biblical quotes...so I say what is up with you and cp....hard day at the office or what?

archangel said:
I read just fine...thank you...you my friend need a vacation...I know times are rough in the business world today...alot of stress...you are the one who said you only listen to Savage on the way home from work...only twenty minutes or so..I was just kidding when I said I would buy you a new radio if you needed one...and now you and cp are going off on Biblical quotes...so I say what is up with you and cp....hard day at the office or what?
STFU. You are an idiot that likes to think they are something superior. I am having a fine day/week/month and YEAR at work. Best year we have had in a while.

First off, all I pointed out was your purposeful ignoring of what the scriptures say. -Cp was just pointing out to you that, contrary to your claim, the Bible give a reason why the woman should give up her name. YOU are the one that drug the Bible into this. Now that you have been corrected, you want to ignore it. Fine, that is your choice. But don't make claims that ANYBODY can see do not exist. The verses are very clear. The woman should submit to the man and the man should love her as he loves God. You are just ignoring the factual content of the scriptures to try and win a lame argument.

Obviously you are the one that needs a break. Your old age and the heat or something is causing you to be a curmudgeon that apparently has no life other than trying to come here and act like you know more than you do.

archangel said:
I am sure...you posted the Biblical quote...notice...a woman must submitt to"EVERYTHING"...are we splitting hairs or are you backpeddling...
For your info my daughter is a great provider for the kids...can't say the same for the hubby...anymore stupid comments?or are you defensive?

What "hair have I split" here? I was simply pointing out the Biblical references to why it's good for a Woman to take her husband's name - it shows solidarity and submission...

Wives are to submit to their husbands just as their husbands submit to God - works like the Military - a "chain of command"... works well - it has for centuries.....

I never said anything negative about your daughter - I'm sure she's a fine citizen... why are you so edgy today?

freeandfun1 said:
STFU. You are an idiot that likes to think they are something superior. I am having a fine day/week/month and YEAR at work. Best year we have had in a while.

First off, all I pointed out was your purposeful ignoring of what the scriptures say. -Cp was just pointing out to you that, contrary to your claim, the Bible give a reason why the woman should give up her name. YOU are the one that drug the Bible into this. Now that you have been corrected, you want to ignore it. Fine, that is your choice. But don't make claims that ANYBODY can see do not exist. The verses are very clear. The woman should submit to the man and the man should love her as he loves God. You are just ignoring the factual content of the scriptures to try and win a lame argument.

Obviously you are the one that needs a break. Your old age and the heat or something is causing you to be a curmudgeon that apparently has no life other than trying to come here and act like you know more than you do.

I thought maybe you were right..that I had brought up the Bible...so I went back and read all the threads...well cp and you are the ones who started the Bible comments and quotes...I was using humor at first then you started to get serious...so yes I am a old timer and sometimes do use experience to make my points rather than quote scriptures and others...shame on me...so therefore in regards to this post I am smarter than you...you and cp used the biblical quotes to make a point against a dry sense of humor...go figure! :cof:

-Cp said:
What "hair have I split" here? I was simply pointing out the Biblical references to why it's good for a Woman to take her husband's name - it shows solidarity and submission...

Wives are to submit to their husbands just as their husbands submit to God - works like the Military - a "chain of command"... works well - it has for centuries.....

I never said anything negative about your daughter - I'm sure she's a fine citizen... why are you so edgy today?

well I wasn't until you and free started "Thumping" as Mr.P likes to say...I am as religious as the next believer..but also have a sense of humor...sometimes it may be taken wrong way...however it does not excuse you and free from becomming a little over zealous in your rhetoric and charges...enough said!

archangel said:
well I wasn't until you and free started "Thumping" as Mr.P likes to say...I am as religious as the next believer..but also have a sense of humor...sometimes it may be taken wrong way...however it does not excuse you and free from becomming a little over zealous in your rhetoric and charges...enough said!

I don't know if I was "Over-Zealous" - you asked questions, I tried to answer...

Hyphenated names bother me only when politicians wives pretend to be little helpmates and then when the husband is elected dump the hyphen on the electorate.

On another note, is there ANY subject we can talk about where you guys don't have to go on a junior high school bible class bender? It doesn't say anything about hyphenated names in the bible-end of F*&^%*&^%ing story!

My wife is famous, so she kept her name. I didn't mind.

seems like the stresses of participation in the board require some ppl take a time out...maybe de-stress...relax..

It doesn't say anything about hyphenated names in the bible-end of F*&^%*&^%ing story!

How do you know it doesn't?

My wife is famous, so she kept her name. I didn't mind.

Most "famous" wives - who are honorable - keep their maiden name professionally, but legally and personally have their husband's last name..:D

-Cp said:
How do you know it doesn't?

Most "famous" wives - who are honorable - keep their maiden name professionally, but legally and personally have their husband's last name..:D

Most gentlemen don't insult other mens wives unless it's face to face where the offended husband can kick the moron's ass.

archangel said:
I thought maybe you were right..that I had brought up the Bible...so I went back and read all the threads...well cp and you are the ones who started the Bible comments and quotes...I was using humor at first then you started to get serious...so yes I am a old timer and sometimes do use experience to make my points rather than quote scriptures and others...shame on me...so therefore in regards to this post I am smarter than you...you and cp used the biblical quotes to make a point against a dry sense of humor...go figure! :cof:
Ok, so you didn't bring it up. Neither did I, so don't say I did. You're still an idiot. The question was what do you think about it... -Cp said that for Christians, there is a reason. Why is it that you think Christianity cannot be brought into any conversation? Your humor is not dry, it is stale and it gets old. Experience is not the only reason to do something. See, here you contradict yourself. You say tradition should play no role, but you then cite your experience. Experience is what makes tradition.

My point on the scriptures was that -Cp posted it, you misinterpreted it on purpose, so all I did was point out that you obviously didn't read it. I guess you don't like having your flaws pointed out. That is where the curmudgeon comment comes from as well as my current attitude toward you. You think only your experiences, comments, beliefs, etc. matter. Such bullshit.

I obviously don't have a problem with women keeping their maiden names because, as I already pointed out, my wife kept hers. So stop trying to put words or even actions in my mouth or at the ends of my fingers when I type. Point out where I "thumped" as you so disrespectfully like to say people that use scripture to explain their beliefs do.

See, you're not as smart as the average bear, much less me!

Mr. P said:
How nice. Have we developed another THUMPER thread?
Twist here, twist there,
Bingo Bango Bongo,It's in the BIBLE, so there..Geeeeeeezzzzzzz.

Thump Thump Thump. Isn't it hilarious how they can't even get on the same page with each other?
:lame2:

freeandfun1 said:
Ok, so you didn't bring it up. Neither did I, so don't say I did. You're still an idiot. The question was what do you think about it... -Cp said that for Christians, there is a reason. Why is it that you think Christianity cannot be brought into any conversation? Your humor is not dry, it is stale and it gets old. Experience is not the only reason to do something. See, here you contradict yourself. You say tradition should play no role, but you then cite your experience. Experience is what makes tradition.

My point on the scriptures was that -Cp posted it, you misinterpreted it on purpose, so all I did was point out that you obviously didn't read it. I guess you don't like having your flaws pointed out. That is where the curmudgeon comment comes from as well as my current attitude toward you. You think only your experiences, comments, beliefs, etc. matter. Such bullshit.

I obviously don't have a problem with women keeping their maiden names because, as I already pointed out, my wife kept hers. So stop trying to put words or even actions in my mouth or at the ends of my fingers when I type. Point out where I "thumped" as you so disrespectfully like to say people that use scripture to explain their beliefs do.

See, you're not as smart as the average bear, much less me!

I'm old.I'm stale,my humor sucks,I'm not as smart as the average bear,I'm an idiot,I don't always refer to Biblical terms to argue a point(only when necessary).your attitude toward me is one of loathing...there ya go forgive me I am only human! :crutch: ( I think it says that in the Bible)I may be wrong cause I am a idiot!

Mr. P said:
How nice. Have we developed another THUMPER thread?
Twist here, twist there,
Bingo Bango Bongo,It's in the BIBLE, so there..Geeeeeeezzzzzzz.

How nice - we have another tard troll who has nothing intelligent to add to the conversation and instead can only find stale ways to bastardize Christians. Geeeeeeezzzzzz

nucular said:
Thump Thump Thump. Isn't it hilarious how they can't even get on the same page with each other?

Isn't it just sad when cousins marry?

archangel said:
I'm old.I'm stale,my humor sucks,I'm not as smart as the average bear,I'm an idiot,I don't always refer to Biblical terms to argue a point(only when necessary).your attitude toward me is one of loathing...there ya go forgive me I am only human! :crutch: ( I think it says that in the Bible)I may be wrong cause I am a idiot!
You keep missing the point (on purpose no doubt - trying to get in good graces with your buddies I see). My point is that I never brought the Bible into this. -Cp did. However, the question was why do you believe or not believe, so he had a right. You guys (Mr. P, Nuclar, yourself) seem to think that a person's religions beliefs, no matter how right or wrong you think they might be, are NOT a legitimate excuse for the person to believe the way they do. What happened to tolerance? If -Cp holds a certain belief because he feels the Bible gives him a reason to hold that belief, why should he be exempted from this conversation? Why are you, Mr. P, etc. trying to censor him? You might not be censoring him by blocking out his words, but you are in a manner by trying to turn his OPINION into something that is "not wanted" here. You guys need to lighten up a bit and let those with differing beliefs express themselves. You don't mind expressing why you believe what you believe in regards to this matter, why do you have to ridicule him for making his beliefs known? You guys are pathetic in that you only think conversations can occurs as YOU want them to. That is sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back