Hyphenated last names...for women

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Cp said:
How nice - we have another tard troll who has nothing intelligent to add to the conversation and instead can only find stale ways to bastardize Christians. Geeeeeeezzzzzz

As I have said before, THUMPERS do more harm to the Christian religion that anyone else, deal with it.

Mr. P said:
As I have said before, THUMPERS do more harm to the Christian religion that anyone else, deal with it.
Mr. P, you are flaming just to flame. How about stopping it. If you have something to add, do so. Otherwise, you are just trying to incite.

-=d=- said:
Hyphenated last names...for women
I'm against the idea in general. I suspect women who do that aren't good lovers. Why? Pride. You never see REALLY hot successful women who do that - we don't see Faith Hill-McGraw do we? Just say 'no'.

Thoughts?
Just a reminder for those of you that are just trying to troll. -=d=- started this thread and invited "thoughts". Unless you guys are now the "thought police", -Cp and anybody else that wants to can contribute their thoughts to this discussion. If you are not proffering your thoughts on the topic, then why stay here? Just to flame and incite?

That's the problem with this board. Nobody can have a decent debate about anything because a certain number of you just want to try and be the "cool" guys on the board by attacking while offering nothing substantive to the debate. You can disagree without being asshole trolls.

Mr. P said:

And what exactly is a "thumper" - isn't that the little rabbit on Bambi?

freeandfun1 said:
You keep missing the point (on purpose no doubt - trying to get in good graces with your buddies I see). My point is that I never brought the Bible into this. -Cp did. However, the question was why do you believe or not believe, so he had a right. You guys (Mr. P, Nuclar, yourself) seem to think that a person's religions beliefs, no matter how right or wrong you think they might be, are NOT a legitimate excuse for the person to believe the way they do. What happened to tolerance? If -Cp holds a certain belief because he feels the Bible gives him a reason to hold that belief, why should he be exempted from this conversation? Why are you, Mr. P, etc. trying to censor him? You might not be censoring him by blocking out his words, but you are in a manner by trying to turn his OPINION into something that is "not wanted" here. You guys need to lighten up a bit and let those with differing beliefs express themselves. You don't mind expressing why you believe what you believe in regards to this matter, why do you have to ridicule him for making his beliefs known? You guys are pathetic in that you only think conversations can occurs as YOU want them to. That is sad.

I will say this for the last time...I never attacked cp or you for your religious convictions...I was just trying to argue the point that a last name taken is not necessary to complete marriage vows...and that nowhere in the Bible does it mention the last name of the husband was a requirement...I am probably more religious than you or cp...but I do not use the Bible carte blanch...If it is a sin to use a dry sense of humor when the person it was directed at does not find it funny...so be it! I have nothing more to say on this topic...Have a nice night!

Shattered said:
Amazing how fast a thread can turn sour...

Especially when so many folks have nothing better to do than flame threads they have nothing intelligent to add to...

archangel said:
I will say this for the last time...I never attacked cp or you for your religious convictions...I was just trying to argue the point that a last name taken is not necessary to complete marriage vows...and that nowhere in the Bible does it mention the last name of the husband was a requirement...I am probably more religious than you or cp...but I do not use the Bible carte blanch...If it is a sin to use a dry sense of humor when the person it was directed at does not find it funny...so be it! I have nothing more to say on this topic...Have a nice night!
For the last time WHERE IN THIS THREAD DID I USE THE BIBLE? NO PLACE! I just corrected your misinterpretation about the verses on submission. That is IT. Period! You need to read more closely.

Mr. P said:
Pretty much the same.
Just a bunch of noise.:)
Much like you huh? What have you contributed to this discussion as far as what -=d=- initially asked? Nothing. You just found it as a place to attack another's beliefs that HE expressed.

OH GAWD! The big THUMPER took some rep points from me! No doubt because I said "THUMPER", what shall I do...? I know, I'll sin...:dance: There that'll do it. :rotflmao:

Mr. P said:
OH GAWD! The big THUMPER took some rep points from me! No doubt because I said "THUMPER", what shall I do...? I know, I'll sin...:dance: There that'll do it. :rotflmao:
you're a sad individual. I ding'd ya because you are not contributing anything to the discussion. You're sad. You just run from thread to thread trying to start shit. Why? What do you get out of it? Are you that immature?

freeandfun1 said:
Much like you huh? What have you contributed to this discussion as far as what -=d=- initially asked? Nothing. You just found it as a place to attack another's beliefs that HE expressed.
Guess ya missed post #19..oh well..Thump on.. :D

I see a bunch of men speculating about why something's done.. No women weighed in yet?

I agree with whoever said that a woman keeping her last name is not ready to totally commit. There's still some unresolved issues left over from her life that she's not ready to let go of.

Fathers "give away" their daughters on their wedding day - to a new family. It's expected she will take the new familys name...I think it's disrespectful to either refuse to take your husbands name, or to keep your name in front of it.

Shattered said:
I see a bunch of men speculating about why something's done.. No women weighed in yet?

I agree with whoever said that a woman keeping her last name is not ready to totally commit. There's still some unresolved issues left over from her life that she's not ready to let go of.

Fathers "give away" their daughters on their wedding day - to a new family. It's expected she will take the new familys name...I think it's disrespectful to either refuse to take your husbands name, or to keep your name in front of it.

THANK YOU! :)

Suck it Mr. P and Nucular...:D

Shattered said:

I replied what you did above, more or less.

Shattered said:

Yep...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back