Hyperinflation the only way out

tenthertoo

...worst of all I'm DULL
Dec 30, 2011
Deep South
When a person's debt gets out of control they can take bankruptcy and start out clean. Nation States can't do that, they have only two choices repudiate their debt (it's been done before-but not the U.S. - YET) or promote hyperinflation. When currency stamped "Millions" is recalled and stamped "Billions" the nation can pay off its debt with a month's income.

It has begun, a 50 cent can of peas now costs a buck and a half and going up every month.

When the savings of a lifetime can't buy a day's groceries people will finally (too late) come to their senses.

This is economic reality, just like bursting the housing bubble. Ironically, the best individual strategy is to load up with long term fixed interest debt and watch it melt away.

When a person's debt gets out of control they can take bankruptcy and start out clean. Nation States can't do that, they have only two choices repudiate their debt (it's been done before-but not the U.S. - YET) or promote hyperinflation. When currency stamped "Millions" is recalled and stamped "Billions" the nation can pay off its debt with a month's income.

It has begun, a 50 cent can of peas now costs a buck and a half and going up every month.

When the savings of a lifetime can't buy a day's groceries people will finally (too late) come to their senses.

REVELATION 6:5

5 When the Lamb opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, “Come!” I looked, and there before me was a black horse! Its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand. 6 Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, “Two pounds[a] of wheat for a day’s wages, and six pounds[c] of barley for a day’s wages,[d] and do not damage the oil and the wine!”
Revelation 6 NIV - The Seals - I watched as the Lamb - Bible Gateway

In some of the 3rd world countries, our cost of bread here in the US would cost them a days wages!

Stew meat is at $4.99 per pound at Kroger this week. Welcome to the Obama economy.

I am reminded of the ant and the grasshopper.

Angel and I have decided to limit our spending to necessities and save as much as possible.

Winter is right around the corner.

I posted this thread because most everything posted on this forum is irrelevant to the real problem we are facing.

The endless drivel about who said what and who did what in the political circus will be meaningless when the REAL financial cliff we are facing comes to fruition.

The sniping and griping and personal insults around the edges of our problem merely masks the reality of the cataclysmic event we are rushing toward. EVERYONE in D.C. is as shallow as the mindless loons on this and all the forums I find.

WAKE UP y'all. IT'S THE DEBT STUPID

This is what you get when you raise a serious issue to the average Democrat voter.

.... AND while that bunch in D.C. will be nattering about that relatively miniscule "Fiscal Cliff" they'll take time out to raise the debt limit - Sheesh

Various cranks have been constantly predicting the imminent hyperinflation for at least the past 40 years running. That's why such cranks just get laughed at now.

There could also be a default, meaning credit dries up and we're forced to deal with a weakened currency and economy. It isn't likely given the arrogance, but I think default will come before any sure hyperinflation.

Nations don't declare bankruptcy. They default. And then leverage themselves (meaning govt. leverages the citizens production) by instilling protectionist measures such as heavy taxation and confiscatory measures to pay.

The state is broke, remember. In the process they bleed the public for it.

Forum List

Back