Hurt Locker

tommywho70x

Rookie
Apr 15, 2010
what an incredible piece of shit! how did that garbage win all those oscars?

was cinematography one of them? i've seen better quality shots from hand held camcorders.

the only award it deserved was for best propaganda video

was cinematography one of them? i've seen better quality shots from hand held camcorders.

Agreed. It was a crappy movie. I'm assuming the Academy chose the movie because of Evangeline Lilly's hotness.

The stated intent of this movie is to graphically reveal the effect of sustained combat conditions on the personality, which in some situations is closely comparable to the effect of a powerfully addictive drug. And the best example of this phenomenon would be those individuals who, for some reason which I'm not able to define, chose to specialize in disarming explosive devices.

I was in the Marine Corps but I don't hesitate to admit that I step aside for the Airborne because I simply do not have whatever it takes to enable me to jump out of a perfectly functional airplane. It baffles me that some people actually pay to do exactly that for recreation. There also are people who swim in shark infested waters, or walk on tightropes 100+ feet above the ground, ski down nearly vertical mountainsides, climb up 1,000 foot vertical rock faces, drive race cars @ 150+ mph, and on and on -- extremely dangerous things that I wouldn't do for any amount of money.

But I'm not a coward because I would do any of those things and more to protect someone I love. So what is it that motivates people who do such things for no reason other than, in their words, "the thrill of it." What exactly is this "thrill?" And why is it most people, outstandingly including me, have no such motivation? The Behavioral profession explains it as an addiction to the abnormally excessive secretion of adrenalin which affects the brain in a manner similar to that of a heroin fix.

People who do these dangerous things for nothing more than the thrill of doing them are regarded as adrenalin junkies and the phenomenon is what the movie, Hurt Locker, is about.

Disagree, it was epic..

Disagree, it was epic..

I have it TIVO'd but have not seen it yet. Is it a tear jerker?

No, it's very intense and you keep thinking about the guy's psyche. You want him to stop the maddness but then again you know they need people like him in wars.

For me, it was hypnotic.. He was hypnotic and wonderful in that part.

It was ok..

Nothing special. I wouldn't watch it again. The movie lost me when he left the base to go the mans house. I won't say more since it's a spoiler. But that part was just.. um.. wtf?

Forum List

Back