The Good The Bad The Weird

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
The South Koreans make the best movies in the world. I kid you not.

The usual dodge people make for not watching a foreign film is that they don't like subtitles. Well, you have no idea what you are missing.

As I watched this movie, I kept telling my wife they must have spent a billion dollars making this movie. The sets, the costumes, the cast of hundreds, the stunts, the cinematography. Incredible.

Well, I just looked it up.

Ten million dollars. I find that impossible to believe. The actors must have been paid in dog food.

You can tell by the name it is a spoof of The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, which is my number one favorite movie of all time. No movie has ever kicked it from the top of my list.

This version obviously does not take place during the American Civil War. Instead, it takes place during the Japanese occupation of Manchuria during WWII.

This movie was filmed in the Gobi desert for authenticity.

I'm telling you. A billion dollars.

There's a buried treasure. There's three guys after it, along with black marketeers, the Chinese, and the Japanese Army.

This movie has some humor in it. But it is an old-style western with a lot of action.

I think the guy who plays the Weird guy has been in every Korean movie I've seen. And I've seen a lot of them. He must be the Samuel Jackson of South Korea.

During one long pursuit by all the various factions through the desert, the director made the amazing choice of playing Santa Esmeralda's version of "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" in the background. I lost my shit when I heard it. NO...WAY!

Of course there is a three-way Mexican standoff at the end.

Don't cheat yourself out of seeing this.

Looks like fun.

I always wanted a Ural sidecar!

1e746ae243ffb9e5c584b5e32853ad53.jpg

Forum List

Back